Region 6-5A

lionvol

11 minutes ago, lionvol said:

Columbia goes to Green Hill again after a 28-14 loss back in September.  This Lions team is healthy and completely different than it was for the first meeting!  Not going to make a prediction because I don't want to jinx them but I will say this....Lion Nation is confident and ready to roll!

Same can be said for Green Hill. They haven't always won pretty, but they've found ways to win, which is surprising given how young the program is and says a lot about their coaching staff

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Same can be said for Green Hill. They haven't always won pretty, but they've found ways to win, which is surprising given how young the program is and says a lot about their coaching staff

Agreed, Columbia had a coaching change July 12th. Went from the spread to the wing-t  and to a 4-3 from a 3-4 in a month before the first game with a completely new staff.

On 11/11/2021 at 11:15 AM, lionvol said:

Agreed, Columbia had a coaching change July 12th. Went from the spread to the wing-t  and to a 4-3 from a 3-4 in a month before the first game with a completely new staff.

Not sure why they had the coaching change at Columbia because I thought their coach was a stand up guy and worked hard. Maybe there is more to the story but that’s a pretty late coaching change. 

On 11/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, SurfingPatriot786 said:

This Friday night is a big one for the Patriots. The Knights are getting hot at the right time. They are playing much better then they were when they played Page the first time. They have good players, they are well coached, and they are going to be coming to Page with a lot of confidence. This is going to be a good football game. I think it’ll be tough, but the Patriots are going to be ready. This has been a great year and I’m excited to see them keep this thing rolling for another week.

I said something similar and so far tonight we both look correct, unfortunately.

Green Hill looked like the better team all night. Definitely deserved the win. The pick 6 was a huge play but without it Columbia only put up 10 points. The touchdown though was a beautiful pass right over the middle. GH was the more rounded team.

Columbia gave Green Hill a battle and had a chance down by 4 late in the 4th but GH's Defense was just a little bit better.

Page coming to Green Hill is going to be an absolute battle.

It’s been a fun couple of weeks. Big credit to Columbia and that coaching staff. They played a great football game and left it all on the field. They’ve had a great year considering how it started. Green Hill has a great program and they are just getting started over there and it’s no shame for Columbia losing to them. 

It was so exciting to see the Patriots get it done Friday night. First time in 22 years that Page high school has made it to the quarterfinals. Great job by the coaching staff and players. It was an outstanding football game and well deserved victory over a good Nolensville team. They looked well coached and the kids fought all night, just like the Patriots always do. Now it’s another big challenge this Friday night. A business trip to Green Hill. I’d love it for that team to get to keep playing for 3 more weeks. I bet Green Hill has not seen a passing game like Page has, and the Patriots will be ready for this one. Hope they represent this region well and clinch their ticket to the Semi’s.

17 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

It’s been a fun couple of weeks. Big credit to Columbia and that coaching staff. They played a great football game and left it all on the field. They’ve had a great year considering how it started. Green Hill has a great program and they are just getting started over there and it’s no shame for Columbia losing to them. 

It was so exciting to see the Patriots get it done Friday night. First time in 22 years that Page high school has made it to the quarterfinals. Great job by the coaching staff and players. It was an outstanding football game and well deserved victory over a good Nolensville team. They looked well coached and the kids fought all night, just like the Patriots always do. Now it’s another big challenge this Friday night. A business trip to Green Hill. I’d love it for that team to get to keep playing for 3 more weeks. I bet Green Hill has not seen a passing game like Page has, and the Patriots will be ready for this one. Hope they represent this region well and clinch their ticket to the Semi’s.

Good luck to Page.  I think next year will be Nolensville's year in the region but that's next year.  Page earned their spot.

7 hours ago, Knights21 said:

Good luck to Page.  I think next year will be Nolensville's year in the region but that's next year.  Page earned their spot.

I think Nolensville will be tough next year. I do not know how many players are coming back for page but they are always a tough team. Nolensville was playing well at the end of the year. Greenhill and Page is going to be a fun game to watch. I think Page will pull it out.