Official Dobyns-Bennett 2022 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

22 hours ago, blazer1set said:

State of Tennessee HSFB Class 6A Preseason Preview / State of Tennessee High School Football

Region Predictions

Region 1-6A

1. Dobyns-Bennett 9-1 (5-0)

2. Science Hill 5-5 (4-1)

3. Jefferson County 7-3 (3-2)

4. West Ridge 7-3 (2-3)

5. Morristown East 3-7 (1-4)

6. William Blount 1-9 (0-5)

Congratulations to DB on a 9-1 season

I don’t put a lot of weight in these preseason nonsense lists, but talking with people around the program there is a lot of optimism about this season. Practices and workouts have been going very well. All of that is just hearsay. I heard our scrimmage schedule is the same as last year so we will see next Friday against Knox central 

• 2 weeks later...

Anderson County will be headed up to DB this Friday, excited to see that stadium again.  Its been a minute since I have been there, and I know it is a great place to watch a game.   The Mavs had a really good opening scrimmage this week and I am hoping to see more from them this week.  It was a hard hitting scrimmage last year at AC, so I am hoping for the same next Friday.  

2 hours ago, olhickory said:

Anderson County will be headed up to DB this Friday, excited to see that stadium again.  Its been a minute since I have been there, and I know it is a great place to watch a game.   The Mavs had a really good opening scrimmage this week and I am hoping to see more from them this week.  It was a hard hitting scrimmage last year at AC, so I am hoping for the same next Friday.  

lol, I see you're still excited about the scrimmage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I'm go'in out on a lim hear.  But Murryvile is headun noz doown an db's goina beetum in plaoffs this yeer. Mark it. So saw it off 

Nobody knows anything until 3 or 4 real games have been played - then depending on who they play. Right now, its just another year.

Very true, but we all gotta' talk anyway. DB should win the first 5 games but there could be an upset if they don't bring it every game. I'll go out on a limb and say they'll lose game 6 to Greeneville, Oak Ridge and Science Hill will be toss-ups. DB should never lose to Science Hill. I suppose DB is in good shape with both sides of the line, good receivers, good quarterback(s). I haven't heard anything about the running backs so I guess that must be a weak spot. The secondary will be terrible as usual. Going with a two QB system again is head scratching. I can't remember when that has worked well. Maybe over in Europe or something. You'd think after two years they could figure out which one is better. I predict this alone will cost them one win.