Official Dobyns-Bennett 2022 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

18 hours ago, 1OldPatriot said:

I see DB has their annual state championship expectations this year 

Every team should have the state championship as a goal before the season starts, otherwise you are conceding to losing games prior to playing them.      Now of course the probability of winning a title is greater with some teams than with others..........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

Il say this , the freshman team , if they stay together, has that chance … 2-4 years watch out ! 

Maybe you have some hidden information, but I was thinking last years 8th grade teams in the middle schools were not very good. Seems like Sevier only won one game and Robinson wasn't much better. But Covid has altered time so I might not be remembering that right. 

On 7/30/2022 at 1:09 AM, DBKPT93 said:

Anyone make the trip to Knox central that can comment on how the scrimmage went? 

Thought it went well. Oline was physical but had some busts. RBs ran hard and looked fast. Big QB looked good. Dline & LB were physical—Central couldn’t run the ball. Secondary gave up a long TD and some other longer passes. Played it like a real game not just x number of plays. DB 21-7 with 1s & 2s. 35-14 overall

1 hour ago, gritsngravy said:

Thought it went well. Oline was physical but had some busts. RBs ran hard and looked fast. Big QB looked good. Dline & LB were physical—Central couldn’t run the ball. Secondary gave up a long TD and some other longer passes. Played it like a real game not just x number of plays. DB 21-7 with 1s & 2s. 35-14 overall

If our offense can outscore our secondary, we should be okay. 

22 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

I don't think we'll be overlooking Jeff County like we did last year... I see a 5 TD (at least) thumping this season.

Thats a pretty bold statement knowing that Jeff County returns 6 on O and 7 on D.  That includes the QB starting RB and three starting OL.  Their head coach Riley said this is the most talent he has had while coaching at JC.  

I'm wondering why you believe there will be at least 7 TD swing from last years game when JC is going to be better than last year?

2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Thats a pretty bold statement knowing that Jeff County returns 6 on O and 7 on D.  That includes the QB starting RB and three starting OL.  Their head coach Riley said this is the most talent he has had while coaching at JC.  

I'm wondering why you believe there will be at least 7 TD swing from last years game when JC is going to be better than last year?

See post above yours.  I was being sarcastic about the 5 TD part.  Not the first part of my statement though.

4 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

See post above yours.  I was being sarcastic about the 5 TD part.  Not the first part of my statement though.

I would try being better at sarcasm then because it just made you come off as crazy and not knowing football.  

JC's head coach has already said they aren't sneaking up on anyone this year with what they have coming back also.