Lenoir CIty Job

Sandman63

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

To many butts to kiss there is why they aren't successful. Even the robot on Lost in Space would say Danger Danger Will Robinson, don't coach there.

You'd think that with the population growth the town is experiencing, that job could have some real potential. But I've also heard that politics are a real issue there. Which would be one reason why they've never had any sustained success at LC. It's telling that Cortez was their longest tenured coach in my lifetime, and he was only there for 8 seasons. And he never had a winning season.

Any chance they go back to Zeller? I'm pretty sure he's still teaching there.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

You'd think that with the population growth the town is experiencing, that job could have some real potential. But I've also heard that politics are a real issue there. Which would be one reason why they've never had any sustained success at LC. It's telling that Cortez was their longest tenured coach in my lifetime, and he was only there for 8 seasons. And he never had a winning season.

Any chance they go back to Zeller? I'm pretty sure he's still teaching there.

If I were much for betting Id say Zeller is a no.  Not because he couldnt succeed, but bc he is close to retiring.  He may still be teaching, but I just feel like he would be a great resource for a person to have as an assistant or even a DC

26 minutes ago, Sandman63 said:

If I were much for betting Id say Zeller is a no.  Not because he couldnt succeed, but bc he is close to retiring.  He may still be teaching, but I just feel like he would be a great resource for a person to have as an assistant or even a DC

Great points. I wasn't sure how many years he had left.

I can barely remember this so I don't want to get the story wrong but someone set fire to the building they kept the youth league uniforms about 10 to 14 years ago because they fight like cats and dogs over power at that place. Avoid Lenior City at all cost unless your just glutting for punishment. Most coaches worth ten cents wouldn't touch that cancerous job with a 100 foot pole.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I can barely remember this so I don't want to get the story wrong but someone set fire to the building they kept the youth league uniforms about 10 to 14 years ago because they fight like cats and dogs over power at that place. Avoid Lenior City at all cost unless your just glutting for punishment. Most coaches worth ten cents wouldn't touch that cancerous job with a 100 foot pole.

Coaching prospects would look at the region too.  They have no shot in a region with Plow, OR, Karns, Clinton, and CC.  That's 0-5 most years right there. 

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Has anyone in the history of man made it through the first red light after crossing the Ft. Loudon Dam in Lenoir City and made it through the other nine lights before you get on the interstate going south, I think not. That my friends is the chance Lenoir City has of turning that football program around.  Case closed.

Spot on. It's a challenge just getting through back-to-back lights without getting stopped.

• Like 1