6A Quarterfinals: Oakland @ Lebanon

MidTennFootball

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Feel free to let someone have my seat,,,after all I'm not Forrest Gump...lol Congrats on the win. I tuned into the Maryville ending on a Paid for network to hear their announcers talk about how they lead the 7 game series of 4 to 3 and how Oakland will come in there feeling good about their dominating performance over Lebanon, But Maryville is a good team and not the same team as last year  and Oakland was heavily senior laden...Heck... Oakland returned almost everybody, and of the positions they didn't return they got better. Maryville just might go down at home this year......

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Before I speak my opinion…. Teams obviously can get better as the season goes on,… unless you’re MJ and you get worse…. Anyways to my point. Maryville struggled last night against a team that lost to Beech pretty handily. Yes this is Oakland’s year once again.

On paper, I do think you have to like Oakland's chances, but they're playing at a place that Maryville hasn't lost at in the playoffs since 1999 (a streak of 70+ games). 

I did watch a good bit of Farragut-Maryville and I am encouraged by the fact that they were able to move the ball pretty well. Maryville didn't play their best,  but they were playing a team that was extremely hot and was much better than their record indicates ( I think 10 of their 13 games were decided by 7 or less)

If Oakland can play a clean game, I like my chances, but I can help but draw parallels to 2019 when we went to Maryville with a team that was mostly intact from the year before and got shutout. I believe we're significantly better on offense than we were 2 years ago and thankfully Tee Hodge has graduated, so hopefully we can even this series up at 5 and head to Chattanooga

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I certainly think Oakland has a heck of a good shot at repeat. I know Maryville is not the same team as last year, but Oakland has only gotten better this year over last year. I would say Oakland better than last years Oakland team by an avg of 8pts.  They play clean ball and take care of the football it will be their game

It’s odd you say that with the way some of their scores have gone, and also the defensive side of the ball. What makes you think that?

6 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

It’s odd you say that with the way some of their scores have gone, and also the defensive side of the ball. What makes you think that?

As far as points allowed  CPA, Blackman, and Lipscomb make up the 3 most points scored at 81 points, which is just under half  of 172 the total scored on them this season vs 156 last year. However the schedule with Madison Ridge, CPA Lipscomb, were against much better opponent that they did not have last year. The other part of that also would point out that other than Blackman and Siegel, every team on their schedule made the playoffs or are still in it.....