6A Quarterfinals: Oakland @ Lebanon

MidTennFootball

32 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I think Oakland has already faced much better QB's and RB's in Lipscomb and and CPA... They will have a good team across the ball from them, but they have already faced better competition and won. I do not think this will be the dog fight some project... I think Summit will be their best test if they make it that far. 

Or if Summit makes it that far. They were sluggish against Houston and Brentwood's QB suffered a injury in the 1st half

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Or if Summit makes it that far. They were sluggish against Houston and Brentwood's QB suffered a injury in the 1st half

That's kinda what I was eluding to....the Wade brothers are legit next level good. Coaching in the CPA and Lipscomb game were outstanding. If the wade bothers are healthy I think it would make for a very interesting match up . Good coaches on both sidelines and would be a good test late in the season against Oakland's D-fense. That said I would still have to pull for Oakland and that hurts to even say it.....

12 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

That's kinda what I was eluding to....the Wade brothers are legit next level good. Coaching in the CPA and Lipscomb game were outstanding. If the wade bothers are healthy I think it would make for a very interesting match up . Good coaches on both sidelines and would be a good test late in the season against Oakland's D-fense. That said I would still have to pull for Oakland and that hurts to even say it.....

Its ok B45, I know you secretly love the Pats

Let's worry about Lebanon. Summit and Maryville are not our problem right now. Lebanon is 11-1, and that is not by accident, or luck. And we've got to play at their place.

I expect a tough game, similar to the playoff game against Mt Juliet a couple of years ago. We barely won, something like 15-12, or so.

I'll take a win, no matter how close, but I can guarantee that LHS is not going to show up expecting to lose.

I'm glad to see Lebanon in this game. Been a while coming. They have a great team & coach. That said, Oakland is on a different level. Coach Creasy is IMO, one, if not the best coaches in the state. He had the same success when he was with us at Trousdale.  Not one to make predictions, but Oakland is a handful.

Good luck & no injuries to both.

28 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I'm glad to see Lebanon in this game. Been a while coming. They have a great team & coach. That said, Oakland is on a different level. Coach Creasy is IMO, one, if not the best coaches in the state. He had the same success when he was with us at Trousdale.  Not one to make predictions, but Oakland is a handful.

Good luck & no injuries to both.

I could say the same for you.

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Lebanon is a good 6A team.   So was Riverdale and Rockvale.  They are not elite teams yet though.  Lebanon may put up a decent fight for awhile but it will end as it should.  Oakland wins with depth, speed and very good coaching.

Its easy to win when you have 14 D1 players but what Lebanon coaching staff has been able to do with kids from Lebanon is nothing short of amazing. From what I saw Gentry has a good mix of greybeards and young hungry coaches mixed with hungry coachable kids = W! if it ends Friday night Gentry is still coach of the year in my book.

6 minutes ago, dlineguy said:

Its easy to win when you have 14 D1 players but what Lebanon coaching staff has been able to do with kids from Lebanon is nothing short of amazing. From what I saw Gentry has a good mix of greybeards and young hungry coaches mixed with hungry coachable kids = W! if it ends Friday night Gentry is still coach of the year in my book.

Id like to know who that team with 14 D-1 players is. Oakland getting to this point has been a process of over nearly 15 seasons, not something that happened overnight. Everybody sees what happens at the varsity level, but the reason Oakland is a power is the result of having a great feeder system from youth ball all the way to JV

Gentry has done a good job no doubt. If you follow football in this state, their ascension shouldn't be a surprise. They did benefit from playing in the worst region in 6A and maybe 5A too. I would counter with Gentry may not even be the COY in his own county, Crouch at GH is in the quarterfinals in Year 2