6A Quarterfinals: Oakland @ Lebanon

MidTennFootball

Blue devils are playing good ball. That said Riverdale offense was non-existent last night and for the last half of the season. While I tip my hat to the Blue devils for the win, I don't believe this game will be a nail-biter  at all ... I think the real game should Oakland get past Maryville will be the Summit  match up. That's the game I hope to see. 

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Blue devils are playing good ball. That said Riverdale offense was non-existent last night and for the last half of the season. While I tip my hat to the Blue devils for the win, I don't believe this game will be a nail-biter  at all ... I think the real game should Oakland get past Maryville will be the Summit  match up. That's the game I hope to see. 

If you have been keeping up with the Lebanon defense, you'd know that the Riverdale offense of last night had more to do with Lebanon, and less to do with R'dale. Lebanon is stout on that side. 

I am hopeful of a good game this coming Friday. But it's gonna be a huge hill to climb for Lebanon to beat the top HS team in Tennessee.

8 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

If you have been keeping up with the Lebanon defense, you'd know that the Riverdale offense of last night had more to do with Lebanon, and less to do with R'dale. Lebanon is stout on that side. 

I am hopeful of a good game this coming Friday. But it's gonna be a huge hill to climb for Lebanon to beat the top HS team in Tennessee.

Both can be true in this instance. It has been a struggle for Riverdale all year to be able to move the ball. They only had scored 15 against Coffee Co until they got a TD late. Lebanon did a great job of capitalizing on the mistakes made by Riverdale, especially late. Impressive quick kick by Abston that pinned Riverdale deep

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Both can be true in this instance. It has been a struggle for Riverdale all year to be able to move the ball. They only had scored 15 against Coffee Co until they got a TD late. Lebanon did a great job of capitalizing on the mistakes made by Riverdale, especially late. Impressive quick kick by Abston that pinned Riverdale deep

IMO the kick is was the turning point in the game!

4 hours ago, TomLHS said:

I am saddened that Riverdale’s season had to end this way.  However, our offense has been lacking for the last few years.

I feel your pain bud....  As a Boone (5A) fan our offense has been horrible this year but our defense was the best in NET.    Some years it is just the opposite, the problem is that we can never get that awesome Offense -AND- Defense in the same season.      Maybe that is the dilemma for most high schools not named Alcoa or Maryville.     What do we chalk that up to, is it all in coaching?     Or sometimes you just simply don't have the athletes?

16 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I feel your pain bud....  As a Boone (5A) fan our offense has been horrible this year but our defense was the best in NET.    Some years it is just the opposite, the problem is that we can never get that awesome Offense -AND- Defense in the same season.      Maybe that is the dilemma for most high schools not named Alcoa or Maryville.     What do we chalk that up to, is it all in coaching?     Or sometimes you just simply don't have the athletes?

Riverdale wasn't terribly talented on offense, but they shouldn't have struggled as much as they did. After Connard transferred, they had zero depth at TB and Holcomb is not the type of QB that makes plays with his feet