6A Quarterfinals: Oakland @ Lebanon

MidTennFootball

On 11/13/2021 at 12:23 PM, thegreatone36 said:

If you have been keeping up with the Lebanon defense, you'd know that the Riverdale offense of last night had more to do with Lebanon, and less to do with R'dale. Lebanon is stout on that side. 

I am hopeful of a good game this coming Friday. But it's gonna be a huge hill to climb for Lebanon to beat the top HS team in Tennessee.

No riverdale offense stinks 

11 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Nope. Only time the home team has lost in the series was the first time they played each other at Oakland in 2014, which is also the last time Oakland has lost a home game (unless your counting losing to Hoover @MTSU in 2015)

Well I’m sure Oakland has hosted more in this matchup if I’m not mistaken. Also holds the better record in the matchup since this became a “rivalry”???

22 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Something worth keeping an eye on is the emergence of Khalil James. He's made some great plays the last few weeks. 

With their win over Riverdale putting them at 11-1, that now sets the mark for most wins in school history for Lebanon. . Their top 2 playmakers are juniors, so I wouldn't be surprised if this matchup occurs a year from now as well

Not to mention Their Freshman squad has went undefeated the last two years. There are a lot of good players coming down the pipeline and what this team is doing is fueling those younger players. Their whole offensive line are juniors and one sophomore except the center and the back up is just as good and he is a sophomore I believe. 

1 hour ago, dlineguy said:

Not to mention Their Freshman squad has went undefeated the last two years. There are a lot of good players coming down the pipeline and what this team is doing is fueling those younger players. Their whole offensive line are juniors and one sophomore except the center and the back up is just as good and he is a sophomore I believe. 

I'm not surprised, Gentry is a great coach. When you give a great coach time to build something, these are the results

I think Lebanon is a good team and has a really good coaching staff. They have a few playmakers on both sides of the ball that can cause problems. However, Oakland has too much depth on both sides of the ball.

Last week Oakland played without 5 starters on defense and nearly pitched a shutout. Pretty much every one of those guys are going to play college ball. Lebanon just doesn't have that kind of depth where if they lose a key guy or 2, they can keep on going.

I don't think anyone doubts that Lebanon will come out excited and probably give Oakland a good game early on, but when the adrenaline wears off and the depth takes over, the result is going to be the same. Not going to be a 50 pt win like they did to Shelbyville, but I'd be surprised if it's within 21

2 hours ago, TOM4000Patriots said:

Looks like Lebanon has some great players this year.  Should be a competitive game.  I think Oakland's defense will be tested with the running qb in this one.   Oakland's offense continues to improve and should have a big game on that side of the ball.   Go Patriots!!

I think Oakland has already faced much better QB's and RB's in Lipscomb and and CPA... They will have a good team across the ball from them, but they have already faced better competition and won. I do not think this will be the dog fight some project... I think Summit will be their best test if they make it that far.