Cleveland vs Baylor

JIII

Harper has an injury from football that will keep him out till January

Corday- labrum, will be back in January

Baylor's 138 was wrestling up, because of another injury to a starter (foot/ ankle, not due back until January also.) The kid wrestling in his spot is a great kid, but young and probably more of a JV kid.

This would have gone the other way, had those three been available, but injuries are also part of it and you have to develop backups for this reason, and Cleveland may have the same issues, as I don't know their regular lineup. So in the end, no excuses, Cleveland won. 

Stinks both programs can't or won't get together ever in January, when gearing up for state is in full swing, but depending on what you hear and who to believe, it just hasn't happened.

It’s really pretty simple. You can only compete against the guys that showed up and weighed in on that day. Injuries happen its part of the sport. Baylor forfeited 113 Cleveland forfeited 160. Different issues but the same root cause. It not being on the schedule has zero impact on the result. 

45 minutes ago, cbg said:

Cleveland is registered for both the Cleveland Duals and the Ironman in Ohio.  Will they be sending the varsity to Ironman and the Cleveland JV to the Cleveland Duals?  What’s the plan?

I believe they are only sending a few kids like 2 or 3. The majority of the starters will be at the Cleveland duals.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JIII said:

I believe they are only sending a few kids like 2 or 3. The majority of the starters will be at the Cleveland duals.

I gotcha!  Just wondering because I noticed that Baylor was sending most of their roster to Ironman.  Very few teams are allowed to send 100% of their roster to Ironman.  

10 hours ago, RaisingAbeast22 said:

What teams are suppose to be attending the Cleveland Duals?

Cleveland, Bradley, Woodland, Ga. , Gilmer, Ga. Summit, Rossview, Arlington, Blackman, Cleveland JV, Father Ryan.

Edited by JIII
Got the full team list.