Liberty Creek

eers

There's no out of state hire coming. There are 3 finalists and all three have either coached or played in Sumner Co. I still don't expect a hire coming soon as Sumner Co is dragging their feet as usual. Turf field has already been cut out of the budget, however the indoor they have is very nice. Even has an indoor track apparently. Rumors circling is that Del Phillips wants a full slate of games, he doesn't want a JV only schedule. Meaning big 6A and private schools with openings are not out of question. Liberty Creek might be nice and shiny their first year, but with the games they might be scheduling they're in for a rude awakening.

Just so many rumors circulating, as this entire process has been shrouded in secrecy. Does anyone know what the timeline looks like? I heard it was supposed to be this week, but in talking I don’t think they have finalized their decision and I’m not sure they have contacted those that interviewed. 

23 hours ago, kappy said:

They finalized? It is going to be an out of state hire.

If they have finalized one of two things is going on…

1) Their choice hasn’t officially accepted. 
2) They don’t have the courtesy to call the other applicants they interviewed. 

On 2/4/2022 at 9:47 PM, kappy said:

No communication? Then, how can there be any false promises. Some coaches like to say they pulled their name out of consideration, rather than say I did not get the job.

The county is purchasing football equipment and scheduling opponents for the school when candidates were told they would have the opportunity to do that. No head coach wants their county ordering equipment for their program or scheduling opponents for them. 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:58 AM, middletn said:

There's no out of state hire coming. There are 3 finalists and all three have either coached or played in Sumner Co. I still don't expect a hire coming soon as Sumner Co is dragging their feet as usual. Turf field has already been cut out of the budget, however the indoor they have is very nice. Even has an indoor track apparently. Rumors circling is that Del Phillips wants a full slate of games, he doesn't want a JV only schedule. Meaning big 6A and private schools with openings are not out of question. Liberty Creek might be nice and shiny their first year, but with the games they might be scheduling they're in for a rude awakening.

Well if they are that desperate, Oakland has open dates on it's schedule......

Just now, MidTennFootball said:

I’m sure you say that tongue in cheek… HOWEVER, I heard they have talked and this is a real possibility. There were also a couple of privates mentioned. If that’s the case, what a nightmare. :wacko:

Just now, eers said:

I’m sure you say that tongue in cheek… HOWEVER, I heard they have talked and this is a real possibility. There were also a couple of privates mentioned. If that’s the case, what a nightmare. :wacko:

I mean hey if they want a whopping just so they can say they played a varsity schedule, we'll gladly oblige

23 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I mean hey if they want a whopping just so they can say they played a varsity schedule, we'll gladly oblige

Don’t be too surprised if they end up on your schedule.  I think there will be several head scratchers on it before it’s over.  

Also hearing that money might be the hold up on naming the out of state coach.  

23 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

You joke now, but Oakland and some large private schools have been in conversations already. Exactly why some coaches are pulling their names out. I think they're looking for local teams to buy out an opponent and want to schedule them first, but I don't think that's going to happen a lot.