Jump to content

South Gibson Head Coach Opening


Tennesseepicks
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Good hire in your opinion? 

From everything I am hearing he is a great coach and will be a fine mentor and leader of our program. I have talked to a couple of people in WV and he was very well respected there so that kinda means a lot to me.  I do not really have any ties to the program anymore. I used to be pretty well connected to the ins and out of things there but I was kinda shown the door last year ( broadcasting the games ) so I am just a fan now... Do not really have direct info. I certainly wish him the best. This is going to be a tough job for any coach and he will have to earn every single win he gets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

From everything I am hearing he is a great coach and will be a fine mentor and leader of our program. I have talked to a couple of people in WV and he was very well respected there so that kinda means a lot to me.  I do not really have any ties to the program anymore. I used to be pretty well connected to the ins and out of things there but I was kinda shown the door last year ( broadcasting the games ) so I am just a fan now... Do not really have direct info. I certainly wish him the best. This is going to be a tough job for any coach and he will have to earn every single win he gets. 

I hope the hire works out well. Big shoes to fill IMO. Always thought Stidham done a great job coaching his team. Win or lose I always thought he had his team prepared to play and play hard. If I were a first time head coach, I would be ecstatic to step into this job. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

I hope the hire works out well. Big shoes to fill IMO. Always thought Stidham done a great job coaching his team. Win or lose I always thought he had his team prepared to play and play hard. If I were a first time head coach, I would be ecstatic to step into this job. 

 

 

100% 

 

Stidham proved you can win here. There are going to be positives and negatives to any job anywhere. I hope that Hornet nation gives him some time to learn, and adjust. I wish him the best. 

I am very curious what kind of offense he plans to run. Running the option has paid dividends for us for a long long time.... Running the spread is really going to be a stretch here IMO. Lots of unknowns at this point, but we like always time will tell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

100% 

 

Stidham proved you can win here. There are going to be positives and negatives to any job anywhere. I hope that Hornet nation gives him some time to learn, and adjust. I wish him the best. 

I am very curious what kind of offense he plans to run. Running the option has paid dividends for us for a long long time.... Running the spread is really going to be a stretch here IMO. Lots of unknowns at this point, but we like always time will tell. 

If he can crank up the defense like WV, you won't have to score 50 to win. Every offense has a name, but variations of all sometimes blend well and RPO with spread look isn't that far from what your kids are used to. A competent QB with some wheels can really put pressure on a defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, TNbuck84 said:

any updates on this? Is it true that old OC went with Stidham? If so, will SG try to bring somebody in to run a similar offense? I was always a big fan of what they did on that side of the ball. 

South Gibson will most likely be a spread team next season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...