TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

1 hour ago, Nobodysomebody said:

I agree cookeville will be their best competition but since they added that other transfer this year they will be very tough to beat.

I would put Bearden way above Cookeville and the rest of 4A right now.  That Ensworth game is all the proof you need.   Sullivan is a stud.  I think there are a lot of close teams in the next 5.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Loretto could win all 3 of the lower classes and maybe 4A 

I don't want to jinx anything.  And i've been very casual on my predictions for that reason.  But, I agree.  I've seen live play or multiple videos of all the contenders in AA but Westview.  Based on what I've seen, Loretto is just playing a different game at this moment.  Karly is the X factor (everyone knows she does it all), Ally is a GREAT passer, good rebounder, can drive to the basket, forces turnovers, clifton's can both score in transition and at the perimeter, both force a lot of turnovers, Buttrum shoots well and plays tough, Laney can post, drives well, shoots well, Cozart has also stepped up this year..  There have been more contributors, but these girls are playing together in a way I've never seen at Loretto.

Karly and Ally can both jump unlike 95% of girls in TN H.S. basketball.  So the turnovers, blocked shots, tipped passes, have been in abundance this year.

I've seen Gibson Co, Upperman, Cookeville, White Co, Bradley, Bearden, and Webb School, and more..  

I've seen a LOT of teams that could beat Loretto on a given night, but Webb School is the only one one I've seen that I would say probably has a better team overall.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

How would you compare Loretto with their 2019 squad?? As far as GC goes in a grind it out game, our offense is better than our 2019 team, IMO, defense not quiet as good but good. I bet Westmoreland was physical with them guarding them. GC when they are dialed in defensive is very physical. 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

I’ll let mustang posters answer that one since haven’t seen them this year except on streaming but Weathers seem to have more options to go to 

Loretto is better in every aspect this year.  Quicker, stronger, more ball handlers, more shooters, better in transition, better defensively.  We have had 4 (almost 5) different girls lead the team in scoring in different games over this 10 game stretch.  This tells you Karly has a ton of help this year.  It's been special to watch.  

Edited by mas1821

1 minute ago, mas1821 said:

Loretto is better in every aspect this year.  Quicker, stronger, more ball handlers, more shooters, better in transition.  We have had 4 (almost 5) different girls lead the team in scoring in different games over this 10 game stretch.  This tells you Karly has a ton of help this year.  It's been special to watch.  

I haven’t seen you play live, but obviously y’all can light it up outside. Any time you got a great shooting team and have a PG that can beat her man up top it really gives your team some good looks. Makes it more difficult to double team Karly when you got great shooters. Season is flying by. And I really hate that, because I really love being in the gym. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

I haven’t seen you play live, but obviously y’all can light it up outside. Any time you got a great shooting team and have a PG that can beat her man up top it really gives your team some good looks. Makes it more difficult to double team Karly when you got great shooters. Season is flying by. And I really hate that, because I really love being in the gym. 

Flying by much too fast!  Nothing like watching the town you love be successful like this.  Gibson & Lawrence Co. TN have a lot to be proud of!

26 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I don't want to jinx anything.  And i've been very casual on my predictions for that reason.  But, I agree.  I've seen live play or multiple videos of all the contenders in AA but Westview.  Based on what I've seen, Loretto is just playing a different game at this moment.  Karly is the X factor (everyone knows she does it all), Ally is a GREAT passer, good rebounder, can drive to the basket, forces turnovers, clifton's can both score in transition and at the perimeter, both force a lot of turnovers, Buttrum shoots well and plays tough, Laney can post, drives well, shoots well, Cozart has also stepped up this year..  There have been more contributors, but these girls are playing together in a way I've never seen at Loretto.

Karly and Ally can both jump unlike 95% of girls in TN H.S. basketball.  So the turnovers, blocked shots, tipped passes, have been in abundance this year.

I've seen Gibson Co, Upperman, Cookeville, White Co, Bradley, Bearden, and Webb School, and more..  

I've seen a LOT of teams that could beat Loretto on a given night, but Webb School is the only one one I've seen that I would say probably has a better team overall.

It’s going be fun watching them in the postseason. I guess Webb is going to be the new Kentucky Wildcats and reload every year with the best talent. That stinks for the smaller private schools

29 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I watched Westview on live stream yesterday. They have the great point guard but wasn’t really impressed besides her to be a threat in the postseason.They do have a good freshman guard. I know it’s still early in the season

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Loretto could win all 3 of the lower classes and maybe 4A 

Very possible.  But the same could definitely be said for Westview and Gibson County.  Loretto will have the best player on the floor 99% of the time.  But all the middle tn people seem to feel like Loretto is not going to have much trouble winning a state title this year……   They will have a dog fight just to get there and wouldn’t be a crazy upset for them to get beat by GC/Westview in sub state. 

16 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Very possible.  But the same could definitely be said for Westview and Gibson County.  Loretto will have the best player on the floor 99% of the time.  But all the middle tn people seem to feel like Loretto is not going to have much trouble winning a state title this year……   They will have a dog fight just to get there and wouldn’t be a crazy upset for them to get beat by GC/Westview in sub state. 

I've said in several posts that it will be a war to make it out of Substate.  I could see any combination of things happening. Gibson Co & Westview could sweep substate, as could Summertown & Loretto. I feel Loretto's ceiling is higher than any other team in AA, but that means absolutely nothing come tournament time.  One off night at the wrong time and your season is over.