Greeneville Football 2022

TheTelfordTank

8 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

They don't need to. We have a good team but anyone that says it won't be a tough season is lying. Same for Greeneville. If I'm being 100% honest I don't see us or Greeneville repping the east in the finals. Mavs have the most realistic shot. EHS and GHS will be in the mix bur not nearly as dominant as previous years 

Great post!  Will Betsy and Greeneville be as explosive as they were last year? I don't think so with what each team lost.  Do i believe both will still be good and in every game they play?  Yes, i do with how both programs are ran.  On paper AC is definitely  the favorite to represent the East but are also one player being hurt away from having a .500 season again (It's what happened to them last year).  I've also seen a Greeneville team that was 5-3 go into Mav's stadium and upset them a few years ago when they were the clear favorite.  Betsy got the Mav's Monkey off their back, AC still hasn't gotten the Greene Devil's off their back yet so we shall see

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, B-Ball Fan said:

Saw that Anthony Peterson was listed as a player to watch in the Knoxville News-Sentinel preview.  Didn't he move back to Florida, or was that incorrect information?  

That’s the 2nd time they have done that and why I don’t take anything Knox News says because they don’t put in the homework like 5starpreps does.  

Peterson did in fact move back to Lakeland, FL and playing for Lake Gibson

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

Great post!  Will Betsy and Greeneville be as explosive as they were last year? I don't think so with what each team lost.  Do i believe both will still be good and in every game they play?  Yes, i do with how both programs are ran.  On paper AC is definitely  the favorite to represent the East but are also one player being hurt away from having a .500 season again (It's what happened to them last year).  I've also seen a Greeneville team that was 5-3 go into Mav's stadium and upset them a few years ago when they were the clear favorite.  Betsy got the Mav's Monkey off their back, AC still hasn't gotten the Greene Devil's off their back yet so we shall see

Another great post on this thread.

4 hours ago, lawnman said:

I’ve also seen a young Devils team that got better as the year went on and almost beat the loaded Cyclones team.Don’t count on beating Betsy or the Devils without a fight on your hands.I’m beginning to wonder if AC will ever beat the Devils.

If you read the Knox News it haint going to happen in 2022. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

How did that go?

Greeneville looked good. They scored first but missed the extra point and lead 6-0. Clinton went three and put on their first possession and after a short punt, Greeneville took over around the Clinton 45. Went down and scored again to go up 13-0.

Greeneville looked like they were taking it easy on Clinton to me 

Clinton finally got things going on their second possession and went 70 yards for the score to make it 13-7. That's how the first qtr ended.

The younger players played the second quarter. Neither team could really move the ball on one another. That's how the 2 quarters ended. Greeneville 13 Clinton 7

Clinton looked like they were nervous and tight to start the scrimmage and I understand why.....it's not everyday that you play Greeneville. 

Edited by 92Dragon
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Greeneville looked good. They scored first but missed the extra point and lead 6-0. Clinton went three and put on their first possession and after a short punt, Greeneville took over around the Clinton 45. Went down and scored again to go up 13-0.

Greeneville looked like they were taking it easy on Clinton to me 

Clinton finally got things going on their second possession and went 70 yards for the score to make it 13-7. That's how the first qtr ended.

The younger players played the second quarter. Neither team could really move the ball on one another. That's how the 2 quarters ended. Greeneville 13 Clinton 7

Clinton looked like they were nervous and tight to start the scrimmage and I understand why.....it's not everyday that you play Greeneville. 

Thank you for the update. It's been quite out of the Greeneville camp this year. Not sure yet if that a good thing or bad thing for their opponents. I think Tullahoma served up some humble pie for East TN last year lol. Super exited about this season! Good luck to you and your boys this year! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KEV-O said:

Thank you for the update. It's been quite out of the Greeneville camp this year. Not sure yet if that a good thing or bad thing for their opponents. I think Tullahoma served up some humble pie for East TN last year lol. Super exited about this season! Good luck to you and your boys this year! 

Thank you!