Greeneville Football 2022

TheTelfordTank

2 minutes ago, JMorton said:

Holding Betsy to 0 isn’t the accomplishment it used to be. If not for the fumble recovery this game might still be going on next Tuesday. Congrats on your win blazer. 

I was there and Mo west is very much improved.  Greeneville had their heads up their butts that whole game. But the worst part of it was the officiating. In all my years nothing has ever came close. Yes Greeneville deserved a few but the refs were controlling the game. They took a int away on the best possible coverage you can do. They took a TD away from them and I’m still trying to figure it out.  When west got the TD to Gio up 21-14, I kid you not 60-65 yards of it was penalties against Greeneville. At one point it was like 170 penalty yards on like 18 flags Greeneville and Mo West I think had maybe 3 for 15-20.   But not to take away from West though, those kids played their hearts out. I live in Morristown now and my daughter cheers at West. I was eating a tonnnnn of crow at halftime. 

Last night wasn't the end of the world had the Devils gotten beat.Same against DB in the future  .These games are supposed to be tough and help when the playoffs get here. As to the refs, no they are not all perfect and a few shouldn't be out there at all.However ,like the old saying goes.If it walks like a duck and so on.Greeneville makes way to many mistakes and needs to clean up the penalties before it gets them sent home when it really counts.

11 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Last night wasn't the end of the world had the Devils gotten beat.Same against DB in the future  .These games are supposed to be tough and help when the playoffs get here. As to the refs, no they are not all perfect and a few shouldn't be out there at all.However ,like the old saying goes.If it walks like a duck and so on.Greeneville makes way to many mistakes and needs to clean up the penalties before it gets them sent home when it really counts.

Yes they do make wayyyyy to many little chippy mistakes that cost them. Yes a lot of them were bs.  I may be mistaken, but I think one part of the game Greeneville had 6 straight penalties on 6 plays

21 hours ago, 4xchamps said:

. But the worst part of it was the officiating. In all my years nothing has ever came close. Yes Greeneville deserved a few but the refs were controlling the game. They took a int away on the best possible coverage you can do. They took a TD away from them and I’m still trying to figure it out.  When west got the TD to Gio up 21-14, I kid you not 60-65 yards of it was penalties against Greeneville. At one point it was like 170 penalty yards on like 18 flags Greeneville and Mo West I think had maybe 3 for 15-20.  

I’m a GHS fan, but the whining by the Greeneville radio play-by-play guy is growing old. He continually cries about the uniform  penalties, which the long snapper had on consecutive snaps. He also had one against‘ Betsy the previous week. It is inexcusable to repeatedly get this same infraction. 180 yards in penalties is a major concern, and will be the difference in a close game. Spradlen MUST get this fixed. 

Edited by B-Ball Fan
  • Upvote 1

As far as penalties, I was at the Greeneville/Elizabethton game where Greeneville got a ton of yellow flags.    It is certainly possible but highly unlikely that 2 sets of refs in 2 separate games have it in for Greeneville.    Just something to chew on...     Otherwise I think Greeneville has a potential 4A championship team.

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

As far as penalties, I was at the Greeneville/Elizabethton game where Greeneville got a ton of yellow flags.    It is certainly possible but highly unlikely that 2 sets of refs in 2 separate games have it in for Greeneville.    Just something to chew on...     Otherwise I think Greeneville has a potential 4A championship team.

I'm just hearing a lot of people complaining about penalties. It's not just DB anymore. Not sure about middle and west Tn. But in the east it seems to be a common problem. Could it be the refs? 

23 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm just hearing a lot of people complaining about penalties. It's not just DB anymore. Not sure about middle and west Tn. But in the east it seems to be a common problem. Could it be the refs? 

Maybe too many snowflakes have gotten to the refs?    I guess that's possible.     Certainly safety is a primary concern for everyone involved, but this is football and there's a point where you have to let them play.    Now on the other hand things like offsides, false start, illegal motion, etc. are not safety related and there are a ton of those calls, but from what I have seen they are all valid.     Against West Ridge I think Boone had something like 3 false starts on one drive, can't blame the zebras for stuff like that

15 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Maybe too many snowflakes have gotten to the refs?    I guess that's possible.     Certainly safety is a primary concern for everyone involved, but this is football and there's a point where you have to let them play.    Now on the other hand things like offsides, false start, illegal motion, etc. are not safety related and there are a ton of those calls, but from what I have seen they are all valid.     Against West Ridge I think Boone had something like 3 false starts on one drive, can't blame the zebras for stuff like that

Then that leaves coaching. And not just at the high school level. 

11 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Then that leaves coaching. And not just at the high school level. 

I'll say this, usually things that haven't been called before are getting a lot more attention.  Equipment penalties seemed to be the theme from a few games last night.  Saw a facemask penalty on a receiver who missed a pass but was no where near a face mask?  Seen missed calls where only 6 people are on the line but for some reason certain officials are counting a wingback as a lineman.  Seen holding alls on immediate cut blocks from the defense and seen obvious missed horse collars.  IDK what is going on during the Tuesday rules meetings but it seems like penalties are a thing this year so up, coaching is all that can solve it.

34 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

I'll say this, usually things that haven't been called before are getting a lot more attention.  Equipment penalties seemed to be the theme from a few games last night.  Saw a facemask penalty on a receiver who missed a pass but was no where near a face mask?  Seen missed calls where only 6 people are on the line but for some reason certain officials are counting a wingback as a lineman.  Seen holding alls on immediate cut blocks from the defense and seen obvious missed horse collars.  IDK what is going on during the Tuesday rules meetings but it seems like penalties are a thing this year so up, coaching is all that can solve it.

Must be a national thing. Alabama had 15 penalties today. Thats "the Alabama".