Josh Jones

On 6/20/2022 at 10:23 PM, tnfuturestar1 said:

What’s this about Beerden already being on probation? 

It was really an honest mistake, and after getting a phone call of a possible issue, Bearden self reported.  

Bottom line:  Knox County public schools had ended the school year, so rising freshmen could start workouts.  Two kids from a charter school, which had two school days left when the workouts started, attended, so they were technically still 8th graders for two more days and by TSSAA rules they couldn't begin workouts yet.   A phone call was made to the TSSAA to self report, and Bearden voluntarily gave up a few workout days in June.  Case closed.  

It was an oversight, all be it one that shouldn't have happened, but pretty benign in the big picture of infractions.  

And they aren't on probation.  It's over.  But I am sure some will point fingers and treat it like Bama in Memphis with Albert Means.  

Edited by HTV

26 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Can't wait until practice starts so everyone can find out what all has changed at Bearden under Josh Jones. I hope the guy a lot of success at Bearden and turns the program in a very positive direction.

Lots of freshmen coming in.  And in spite of some of the finger pointing naysayers, he's put together a pretty good staff.  

And whoever it was that tried to tell me that one of his defensive assistants coming in from a Blount County school didn't have a teaching job in the building, you are wrong.  He does.  

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I would watch Hardin Valley, I heard Coach Jeff Miner had a very good turnout in spring ball, did well in the scrimmage vs Campbell County and has a lot of things moving there, enthusiasm is high and they could be much improved this fall in 6A.

And they should me.  No excuse for the largest public school in the county not to at least be competitive.  

But to be fair, "much improved" might be a pretty low bar considering they have won a total of 3 games in the last 2 seasons.  

On 7/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, HTV said:

It was really an honest mistake, and after getting a phone call of a possible issue, Bearden self reported.  

Bottom line:  Knox County public schools had ended the school year, so rising freshmen could start workouts.  Two kids from a charter school, which had two school days left when the workouts started, attended, so they were technically still 8th graders for two more days and by TSSAA rules they couldn't begin workouts yet.   A phone call was made to the TSSAA to self report, and Bearden voluntarily gave up a few workout days in June.  Case closed.  

It was an oversight, all be it one that shouldn't have happened, but pretty benign in the big picture of infractions.  

And they aren't on probation.  It's over.  But I am sure some will point fingers and treat it like Bama in Memphis with Albert Means.  

l don't know if this is an honest mistake or not but l am hearing a lot of complaints that Coach Jones is practicing the 9th graders vs his 8th graders and some parents are worried about getting their little darlings hurt. Don't know if this is a TSSAA violation but the parents need to understand that Coach Josh still runs the Rocky Top league and his 8th grade travel team has a tough schedule this year. 

19 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

l don't know if this is an honest mistake or not but l am hearing a lot of complaints that Coach Jones is practicing the 9th graders vs his 8th graders and some parents are worried about getting their little darlings hurt. Don't know if this is a TSSAA violation but the parents need to understand that Coach Josh still runs the Rocky Top league and his 8th grade travel team has a tough schedule this year. 

You just proved my point with that response. 

44 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

This can't be true.  It would absolutely be a violation.

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2022 at 12:17 PM, Cactus Jack said:

I would watch Hardin Valley, I heard Coach Jeff Miner had a very good turnout in spring ball, did well in the scrimmage vs Campbell County and has a lot of things moving there, enthusiasm is high and they could be much improved this fall in 6A.

HVA might win 1, maybe 2 games. HC and coaching staff in over their heads.