Westview at Gibson County

dmm88

28 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I would be shocked if Gibson County wins by 15.  I think Westview wins a close one

We are going to find out how good of player the Simms girl is and how she handles in your face pressure for 4 quarters. She is a Freshman and most fans picking Westview obviously thinks she is better than Gibson County’s guards and won’t have a lot of problems. I guess most Westview Fans think there post is better than ours too. I will say this. I wouldn’t trade Micah Hart or Madison Hart for “any” players in the state. To me offensively, I give a definite advantage to GC in the paint as far as points in the paint and taking it to the rim. I give a slight edge to Westview from the 3 point line. Tempo there is definitely a contrast in styles. GC plays pretty good in a half court offense but we want to play fast fast fast. Westview is going to play a slow, long possession, no press and zone defense type of game. Will be interesting. 

Edited by pioneer42

Gibson County made a strong push in the second quarter, but Westview has countered every run, with a score OR a good pass to a score. The Harts have to get going and pronto for Gibson County, or else this is gonna be a uphill battle.

Half:

Westview 29

Gibson County 21

14 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

Anyone have a score update?

Westview 50-42. Good win for Westview. They hit more 3’s than us. Difference in the game. Got outplayed. All you can say in Round 1. Hopefully we go 4 rounds with them. They beat our press and got good looks early and got up 10 and we actually just played a half court game with them for three quarters.  They just hit their shots.

Edited by pioneer42

On 1/19/2022 at 12:57 PM, sportslover88 said:

I think the X factor for both teams will be the 3-5 players. We know Harrison and Sims are going to play well and get their points and we know Micah will play well and get hers but who steps up and is the X-factor for each team. I will say Westview by 7

Well I was off by one point. And Barr and Brigance were the X factors for Westview. Barr finished at the basket and had 10 points and blocked/altered several shots and Brigance hit 3 threes in the 1st quarter and had several big rebounds. I will say I can’t believe Gibson Co only had 4 total fouls called against them the whole game (minus the ones where they were trying to foul at the end). But round 1 was fun…looking forward to 2 and 3 and 4 and possibly 5!!