Tim Hammontree Resigns from Heritage

OrangePylon

8 hours ago, BarrelArcher776 said:

I’ve heard great things about Coach Allen at the middle school. Seems to build good relationships with the kids and has worked hard at turning the middle school football program around. Could be a good move for the HHS to hire him. 

Heck yes!! This is the best idea yet!  I'd take a middle school coach over that SEC guy all day long!  I was thinking more of bringing Coach Kyker back until I heard this!!  This needs to be the direction even if Rankin is willing!  

Edited by BS101

3 minutes ago, BS101 said:

Heck yes!! This is the best idea yet!  I'd take a middle school coach over that SEC guy all day long!  I was thinking more of bringing Coach Kyker back until I heard this!!  This needs to be the direction even if Rankin is not willing!  

But then again if they were going that route they should probably talk to John Young first then Mike McClurg.  Jay Malone from Maryville is probably not worthy of that crowd to mention him!

Edited by BS101

48 minutes ago, BS101 said:

Heck yes!! This is the best idea yet!  I'd take a middle school coach over that SEC guy all day long!  I was thinking more of bringing Coach Kyker back until I heard this!!  This needs to be the direction even if Rankin is willing!  

I'm not on here to make a bunch of people mad but I would jump at the chance to get this coach that has been to the major leagues for a couple of reasons. The administration is going to want someone to hang around a while so they don't have to pick another coach a year from now and they're worried to death this guy has suitcases on steroids and just hanging out until that phone rings. I believe the parents are just scared of change and the extra effort it takes to win. I believe most of them would rather stay at home like they always have and blame Maryville and Alcoa for all of this mess instead of getting out here and working hard to be like both of them. If we want to wait a few more days before hiring I know of another good college coach from the Plains of Auburn that may be looking for a new job early as next week.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BS101 said:

Former SEC guy who can't get a sniff at another college job right now.  

Maybe there's a reason?  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I realize a guy with college experience would bring out all the suspicious doubters but to be honest a program in the condition it's in right now would make me wonder what person in their right mind would take on and put their self through something like that.

there are just too many questions and not enough answers at this point. 

hopefully whatever happens works out for the benefit of the athletes there. 

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I realize a guy with college experience would bring out all the suspicious doubters but to be honest a program in the condition it's in right now would make me wonder what person in their right mind would take on and put their self through something like that.

I think BarneySox should apply to see what he could do.... that way Shad could make fun of him!  But I don't think he could handle the pressure.