Tim Hammontree Resigns from Heritage

OrangePylon

4 minutes ago, ftbllfan23 said:

for you to jump on here and say anything, someone must have hit a nerve with you. how about stop the yelling and make some sense of what you're saying and also make sense of what's been said on here. 

nobody is saying Osovet is a 'horrible coach', nobody is saying they want good ol' boys. what's being said in this thread is what's occurred over the past 30 years, not to mention the battles coaches in the past 20 years have had alone. if something doesn't change elsewhere within the school system, no coach, whether you're Nick Saban or Vince Lombardi is going to change the program. 

as for coming out of retirement - one, just because there aren't posts, doesn't mean we aren't reading. two, after you sit for years and watch what happens on the outside while knowing a bit more on the inside, you tend to voice the concerns you have for the students in the community you live in. both coaches resigned at the county schools after years of trying to make it work. that's a concern. should we call you out for making an account less than 12 hours ago? i guess the maturity levels are different here.

quit hyping up an offense that if it actually were the nation's best, coach wouldn't be trying to land any possible area high school job that's open. have you talked to the man? do you know something we don't? we're not on his back, we're trying to make sense of the situation. you seem to be the only one that's for this hire. other than his coaching history you found on the internet, please tell us what makes this man the perfect coach for these specific kids at this specific time...

sit down, or in fact, take several seats...

Talking about hitting a nerve!!!  Like you all i've not been active but have watched.  I actually was under another name but forgot my password! !!  As far as maturity.....i'm just like everyone on here......I'm hiding behind a screen name!  It's fun isn't it!

11 hours ago, BS101 said:

Who has seen him on campus?  I wouldn't wish a heart attack on anyone.  Just poking fun at you!  If the ones above are so bad then you know they won't hire him!  I'm sure they will go after the "Good Ole Boy". 

Having barley survived one a year and a half ago, I wouldn’t wish a heart attack on my worst enemy! Lol. 

2 hours ago, OrangePylon said:

Knowing what I know now about Shad that guy never should’ve been allowed to be in charge of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, much less a 6A football program. I don’t know what switched in his brain, why or when it happened but he definitely was not the same coach at the end of his WB tenure than at the beginning. 

Who in the world leaves HAND-WRITTEN LETTERS from college coaches wanting your players to come to a camp in your office only to be found months later by someone cleaning out the office? (He didn’t even tell the players they were invited to the camp…) Who leaves multiple plaques of awards that your players have won hidden in a dusty corner only to be found by the new coach who rightfully gives them to the player who won them. Who in their right mind walks into the locker room of a 1-8 team on senior night and basically tells the seniors that this isn’t about you tonight it’s about the future and what’s coming up next year. 

I don’t know if he gave up at the end or what, but that’s pretty pathetic of a coach if you ask me. 

Pretty sure Shad got more than he bargained for by coming here. One day your beating Oakland on ESPN in front of a national audience and the next your fixing a clogged toilet in the stadium restroom before a football game so the show can go on at WB. Pretty sure all of this would make a great television sitcom. All you have to do is go back and read all the Coach T threads to put it all together. My gut told me after the Science Hill game they would lose out the rest of the way and something would have to happen. The Word of The day about the lady at the concession stand really did happen. She told a friend of mine who came down to watch the DB game she hopes they lose out the rest of the way so they won't play an 11th game. I've seen another coach do almost the same thing at another school and that being a Christian School where the coach cleaned out his belongings such as awards, plaques, footballs and you name it plus all his empty beer cans. I wouldn't have believed it if the boy's hadn't taken a picture of it. This game can break some people in half.

2 hours ago, BS101 said:

YEEEESSSSSS!  Why would they want to bring in a guy that won at the JUCCO level then went to ASA Community College and went from 4-6 his first year to 9-1 in his second then on to the University of Tennessee!!  He turned that program around too quick.  He should have took more time!  The William Blount and Heritage hires and Coach Osovet have brought Campack and ftbllfan28 out of CoachT retirement since 2011!!!! I bet they haven't talked to any of the Maryville Coaches including Adam Hendricks!! Like Osovet those Maryville guys probably aren't qualified for the Heritage job!  Heritage needs those coaching legends in the back yard to come out and get them back to smash mouth football like they did in the 90's and early to mid 2000's!!  Forget the BOLT Offense when you have people that teach the Wing T and "I"!!

Haven't been in Coach T retirement. Kept tabs on things for the past several years but just didn't have time nor felt it appropriate to make comments when I was coaching.  I care deeply about these two hires because they are perhaps the most crucial decisions the football programs in Blount County Schools have ever faced. I also personally know many of the people involved and who will be impacted by these decisions so I want the schools to get it right. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, camppack said:

Haven't been in Coach T retirement. Kept tabs on things for the past several years but just didn't have time nor felt it appropriate to make comments when I was coaching.  I care deeply about these two hires because they are perhaps the most crucial decisions the football programs in Blount County Schools have ever faced. I also personally know many of the people involved and who will be impacted by these decisions so I want the schools to get it right. 

well said.

14 hours ago, BS101 said:

Who has seen him on campus?  I wouldn't wish a heart attack on anyone.  Just poking fun at you!  If the ones above are so bad then you know they won't hire him!  I'm sure they will go after the "Good Ole Boy". 

I don't know if it means anything, but he just followed me back on Twitter. @The_Red_Rebels

Edited by Red Rebels

RE: Osovet

I don't think he is the solution to the long-term problem, but if the talent coming up from the feeders continue to look this promising, having a proven coach at Heritage might not be the worst thing.  Nothing would keep kids at this school better than winning, and player retention is the name of the game.  I'd also feel just as good about any of the assistants who moved to Maryville after coaching under Hammontree or Russell.   I don't, however, believe for a second that Bennett would hire Osovet or ANY of the former assitants if one of his less-qualified Blount County Buddies wanted the job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ftbllfan23 said:

here's another thing i'm curious about. there was no job posting about the position on BCS. aren't there rules to that?

I did see the job posted on the BCS we site. I also know a copy of the posting was sent out to BCS employees via email. 

Edited by camppack
Content not included first time.