Karly Weathers

Americal198

Just now, Waker said:

I don’t want to see any kid get hurt on any team. To me theplay didn’t look like a foul, but she did land strange. 

Why on earth was she still in the game when they had held the team to 12 and were up that much? 

GC was in a District last year where some of the teams  just weren’t good and you have to play your starters a bunch to keep them in shape. Not dogging on Loretto’s schedule because they have played one of the tougher schedules in the state, but some of these stretches teams just aren’t good. We have run into it this year some. Just not as bad as last year. 

44 minutes ago, Waker said:

I don’t want to see any kid get hurt on any team. To me the play doesn’t look like a foul, but she did land strange. 

Why on earth was she still in the game when they had held MP to 12 and were up that much? 

Not a foul?  You can't back into a player that's airborne going up for a shot or a rebound.  Boxing out is holding position between opponent and goal, backing into a person in that position is called "backing out" which is more commonly referred to as "undercutting".  Her foul wasn't intentional, just a poor attempt at boxing out.  If that doesn't look like a foul to you, you either need to take a look at the rulebook, or get an eye test.  Not being rude at all, but that's about as obvious a foul as you'll see outside of an intentional.

You'd have to ask the coach that.  If it were me, I'd sit her at half if we're up by 40.  However, she normally lets her starters play a couple minutes into the 3rd before sitting them for the night.

• Like 1

One thing is for sure, when a team is getting blown out, aggression comes out from the squad that is down. Loretto is a great team but they are not the same team without Karly. Not taking anything away from the other great players on this team.( No team in the state would be the same without a once in a generation player) I know you can get hurt walking down steps from lunch, but why risk it when you know it may get dirty.

A win is a win. It doesn’t matter if it a 50 point win or a 20 point win. By this time in the season all starters should be in playing shape. 

Edited by Waker

4 minutes ago, Waker said:

One thing is for sure, when a team is getting blown out, aggression comes out from the squad that is down. Loretto is a great team but they are not the same team without Karly. Not taking anything away from the other great players on this team.( No team in the state would be the same without a once in a generation player) I know you can get hurt walking down steps from lunch, but why risk it when you know it may get dirty.

A win is a win. It doesn’t matter if it a 50 point win or a 20 point win. By this time in the season all starters should be in playing shape. 

100% agree

1 hour ago, Waker said:

I don’t want to see any kid get hurt on any team. To me the play doesn’t look like a foul, but she did land strange. 

Why on earth was she still in the game when they had held MP to 12 and were up that much? 

The clock on the video shows that the second half had just began. There's no set time for removing players, but my guess is the bench starts emptying toward the end of the third in a game such as this one.

1 minute ago, Americal198 said:

The clock on the video shows that the second half had just began. There's no set time for removing players, but my guess is the bench starts emptying toward the end of the third in a game such as this one.

normally less than halfway thru the third in these type games.

5 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Not a foul?  You can't back into a player that's airborne going up for a shot or a rebound.  Boxing out is holding position between opponent and goal, backing into a person in that position is called "backing out" which is more commonly referred to as "undercutting".  Her foul wasn't intentional, just a poor attempt at boxing out.  If that doesn't look like a foul to you, you either need to take a look at the rulebook, or get an eye test.  Not being rude at all, but that's about as obvious a foul as you'll see outside of an intentional.

You'd have to ask the coach that.  If it were me, I'd sit her at half if we're up by 40.  However, she normally lets her starters play a couple minutes into the 3rd before sitting them for the night.

I’m gonna have to disagree here.  When boxing out most are taught to put a body on someone.   Not just “stand between someone and the goal”.   Was this a foul?  Yeah probably so.   She didn’t let her land.  Nothing close to intentional.  I think some are letting who it is and how bad that injury could of been let emotions get them.  Thankful it’s nothing serious.  

5 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

I’m gonna have to disagree here.  When boxing out most are taught to put a body on someone.   Not just “stand between someone and the goal”.   Was this a foul?  Yeah probably so.   She didn’t let her land.  Nothing close to intentional.  I think some are letting who it is and how bad that injury could of been let emotions get them.  Thankful it’s nothing serious.  

You can disagree all you want, backing out is a foul across the country, not just TSSAA rulebooks.  Of course you can put a body on them, but forcing your body on them in any manor is poor technique, and it's a foul.  That is what this girl did, and it was not dirty..  just poor technique, no one has said anything about it being intentional.  If you disagree, write those in power and see if they will change a rule that's been commonplace for as long as any of us can remember.

As for emotions.  Were you at the game? Obviously not.  I think you're just making comments and dismissing valid frustrations of those that were and those that took offense to how poorly the game was officiated/how the refs not only let the game get aggressive, but offerred advice to the visiting coach, in a negative manor, about how to coach her team.  Had that foul happened to our 3rd girl off the bench, we would have been just as frustrated.  I would advise you to be present and aware of everything that happened in a specific scenario before you start pointing fingers at people saying their emotions got the best of them.  We keep our emotions in check, but we also stand up for ours.