Karly Weathers

Americal198

1 minute ago, mas1821 said:

You can disagree all you want, backing out is a foul across the country, not just TSSAA rulebooks.  Of course you can put a body on them, but forcing your body on them in any manor is poor technique, and it's a foul.  That is what this girl did, and it was not dirty..  just poor technique, no one has said anything about it being intentional.  If you disagree, write those in power and see if they will change a rule that's been commonplace for as long as any of us can remember.

As for emotions.  Were you at the game? Obviously not.  I think you're just making comments and dismissing valid frustrations of those that were and those that took offense to how poorly the game was officiated/how the refs not only let the game get aggressive, but offerred advice to the visiting coach, in a negative manor, about how to coach her team.  Had that foul happened to our 3rd girl off the bench, we would have been just as frustrated.  I would advise you to be present and aware of everything that happened in a specific scenario before you start pointing fingers at people saying their emotions got the best of them.  We keep our emotions in check, but we also stand up for ours.

I agreed that it was a foul.  Not looking for any rule change.  Not trying to dismiss any feelings either.  Just saying that to an outsider THAT SPECIFIC PLAY didn’t seem to be anything other than something that happens often in games and just happened to catch her just right to buckle her leg. Luckily she’s not hurt.   And I think most people would agree, even if they won’t admit it, that having your star in the game up by that many opens up the door for something like that to happen when it could be avoided.   It’s a fine line on when to pull them out.  And I’m not judging your coach at all there.  Did not mean to start a personal back and forth and have to be “advised” on how to act. 

1 minute ago, GlassHouseBound said:

I agreed that it was a foul.  Not looking for any rule change.  Not trying to dismiss any feelings either.  Just saying that to an outsider THAT SPECIFIC PLAY didn’t seem to be anything other than something that happens often in games and just happened to catch her just right to buckle her leg. Luckily she’s not hurt.   And I think most people would agree, even if they won’t admit it, that having your star in the game up by that many opens up the door for something like that to happen when it could be avoided.   It’s a fine line on when to pull them out.  And I’m not judging your coach at all there.  Did not mean to start a personal back and forth and have to be “advised” on how to act. 

The frustration is definitely not from that 1 foul in particular, it was a combination of a lot of things over the first 3 quarters of that game. I agree with your thoughts on pulling most starters, especially stars, when the game is basically over.

I advised you, and was semi condescending when doing so, because you were quick to pass judgment on people without knowing everything.

I apologize if I came off as rude, but I have a tendency to stand up for those I care about. No harm intended.

12 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

The frustration is definitely not from that 1 foul in particular, it was a combination of a lot of things over the first 3 quarters of that game. I agree with your thoughts on pulling most starters, especially stars, when the game is basically over.

I advised you, and was semi condescending when doing so, because you were quick to pass judgment on people without knowing everything.

I apologize if I came off as rude, but I have a tendency to stand up for those I care about. No harm intended.

Karly is very fortunate she didn’t hurt a knee on that play. We lost a great player in 2020 on a similar collision that we thought was a hyperextended knee.Thankful she wasn’t hurt. 

• Like 1

Karly’s Facebook post form this morning. Great leader. Great player. Great young lady. Alabama is getting a good one. 

SENIOR NIGHT
This is a day that has gotten here entirely too fast. These three have been my ride or dies for a long time(Autumn(2nd grade), Shelby(3rd grade), and Ju(5th grade)). We have experienced many injuries, tough life situations, loss of loved ones, and trials of every day life together. We’ve won championships and lost championships together. We’ve seen each other in the early mornings and late at night. We’ve seen each other at our worst and best. Not a tough day goes by where one of us doesn’t reach out to the other to encourage them. We’ve went through the blood, sweat, and tears together. We learned early on that basketball is not who we are, but it’s something we do. We’ve played many ball games together, but the relationships that we have built will go much further than the games. On my tough days they find a way to make me smile, and on my good days they find a way to make it better. We don’t tear one another down, but we build each other up. I would do anything for these three. Over the years, they have become my sisters and I can’t imagine what life would’ve been like if I didn’t have them by my side. They make me love the game of basketball because we all understand it’s so much bigger than a ball and a hoop. Although we like to win a whole lot, we are more interested in making each other better in life. We have never cared who gets the credit as long as the job is accomplished. We are all work horses and hope that it leaks into the kids that are below us. I love these girls with everything I have in me. BUT we aren’t finished yet. We have one more run left in us. I wouldn’t want to be a part of a senior group with anyone other than these three!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Listen, the starters played the first quarter and usually play a couple of minutes in the 3rd coming out of halftime. This play was in the first minute of the 3rd quarter. And not bragging but we have played few games where our starters have played two quarters. Being in shape and being in game shape to play 4 quarters is 2 different things. We will have to play some 4 quarter games in the near future so what do you suggest we do? The 2 Summertown games, the Jackson So Side and Westmoreland games have honestly been the only games our starters have seen extended minutes. 

I don’t think the play was intentional but it was a foul and should’ve been called and the worst part is you have a scumbag official   making a statement like that? He should never do another game again. That entire crew allowed a lot of things both ways. Seeming to get the game over. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1MustangFan said:

Karly’s Facebook post form this morning. Great leader. Great player. Great young lady. Alabama is getting a good one. 

SENIOR NIGHT
This is a day that has gotten here entirely too fast. These three have been my ride or dies for a long time(Autumn(2nd grade), Shelby(3rd grade), and Ju(5th grade)). We have experienced many injuries, tough life situations, loss of loved ones, and trials of every day life together. We’ve won championships and lost championships together. We’ve seen each other in the early mornings and late at night. We’ve seen each other at our worst and best. Not a tough day goes by where one of us doesn’t reach out to the other to encourage them. We’ve went through the blood, sweat, and tears together. We learned early on that basketball is not who we are, but it’s something we do. We’ve played many ball games together, but the relationships that we have built will go much further than the games. On my tough days they find a way to make me smile, and on my good days they find a way to make it better. We don’t tear one another down, but we build each other up. I would do anything for these three. Over the years, they have become my sisters and I can’t imagine what life would’ve been like if I didn’t have them by my side. They make me love the game of basketball because we all understand it’s so much bigger than a ball and a hoop. Although we like to win a whole lot, we are more interested in making each other better in life. We have never cared who gets the credit as long as the job is accomplished. We are all work horses and hope that it leaks into the kids that are below us. I love these girls with everything I have in me. BUT we aren’t finished yet. We have one more run left in us. I wouldn’t want to be a part of a senior group with anyone other than these three!!

Great post from the heart. They go by fast. Our HS career ended at the Glass House in 2020 and still every day the HS closure isn’t there, but we were blessed and have enjoyed watching Karly. The 2020 year ended with us having to play Loretto in the semis. Loretto was good and Karly may have won another Gold Ball. GC may have beat Loretto and played for another. Nobody knows??? But it hurt all players and fans involved. Very obvious she gives her all every possession and she will be successful in whatever she does, because you know she is going to give it her all whatever it is. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 2

This is probably where going to four classes my hurt some of the dominant teams across our state. Some teams are in overall a terrible district aren't as challenged as what they should be. It's more of a "cake walk" to February and March. How are they going to find ways to extend players' minutes while making sure those minutes are productive is going to be a challenge. South Side and South Gibson are two teams that automatically comes into mind. Obviously, teams can't see here let lesser-tier opponents to hang around so the starters can play longer in non-trash situations.

Regarding to the play, I don't see this being a foul either. But I'm more into the physicality side of things. 

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

This is probably where going to four classes my hurt some of the dominant teams across our state. Some teams are in overall a terrible district aren't as challenged as what they should be. It's more of a "cake walk" to February and March. How are they going to find ways to extend players' minutes while making sure those minutes are productive is going to be a challenge. South Side and South Gibson are two teams that automatically comes into mind. Obviously, teams can't see here let lesser-tier opponents to hang around so the starters can play longer in non-trash situations.

Regarding to the play, I don't see this being a foul either. But I'm more into the physicality side of things. 

20 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Maybe could schedule more district games earlier in the year and spice up games later in the year / I’ve always thought in HS that would be a better scenario but that probably never pass TSSAA scrutiny 

South Gibson and South Side has 3 teams total right now and some say they want 5 classes. It’s a money thing. More classes, more games, more money. No other explanation because having South Side, South Gibson and North Side and that’s your District ought to be an eye opener, but probably not.$$$$$$. Loretto has no choice but to play starters at least half of the game. Nothing wrong with Karly on the floor. She has to get game reps some how. 

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson and South Side has 3 teams total right now and some say they want 5 classes. It’s a money thing. More classes, more games, more money. No other explanation because having South Side, South Gibson and North Side and that’s your District ought to be an eye opener, but probably not.$$$$$$. Loretto has no choice but to play starters at least half of the game. Nothing wrong with Karly on the floor. She has to get game reps some how. 

What happened to Liberty? They were the fourth team in that district. Regardless, it doesn't matter.

This was a con to me that was little bit under the radar. My biggest con was there would be teams in Murfreesboro that shouldn't be there. Simple. Seeing this, is totally unacceptable and that's why the games across the state are over basically at halftime. We just don't have the demand of teams to meet 5 classifications. Obviously, we all know what the product will be if we were to go down that path.

I know that Lawrence Co has benefited from going to 4 - hard to go thru Murfreesboro every year to get to State when could have gone several years if in different region or classification - amazing none of the regions that where closer to them wanted to swap region with them hmmmmm maybe better $$$ for TSSAA to get Boro teams at glass house 

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

What happened to Liberty? They were the fourth team in that district. Regardless, it doesn't matter.

This was a con to me that was little bit under the radar. My biggest con was there would be teams in Murfreesboro that shouldn't be there. Simple. Seeing this, is totally unacceptable and that's why the games across the state are over basically at halftime. We just don't have the demand of teams to meet 5 classifications. Obviously, we all know what the product will be if we were to go down that path.

They dropped out. Memphis getting three Districts is a total joke. They don’t play half the time. There were two supposed to be in Dyersburg and didn’t show up for their Christmas Tournament. Yeah there will be 2 there that will not belong. Could  also be on same side of the bracket if they are from different Regions. Is what it is. It was orchestrated to help the boys in West TN stay away from Memphis because they can’t beat them. But we will roll with it.