GC vs WV

mas1821

22 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Oh my.  That’s surprising. Looks like a Loretto/Westview matchup in the region finals.  Where is the regio being held?

Loretto & Westview aren't in the same region. It will most likely be Loretto vs Summertown & GC vs Westview in the region finals, with the loser of each game traveling to the other winner's house for Substate.

24 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Loretto & Westview aren't in the same region. It will most likely be Loretto vs Summertown & GC vs Westview in the region finals, with the loser of each game traveling to the other winner's house for Substate.

I want to say congratulations to Westview. Jada got in the paint seemed like anytime she wanted and their shooters were hitting threes all night. 4 or 5 NBA range that wasn’t high percentage shots. But hey, they are a great team. I don’t know that anyone beats them tonight the way they shot the ball. Got to give credit where credit is due. Jada is a beast.

Edited by pioneer42

27 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I want to say congratulations to Westview. Jada got in the paint seemed like anytime she wanted and their shooters were hitting threes all night. 4 or 5 NBA range that wasn’t high percentage shots. But hey, they are a great team. I don’t know that anyone beats them tonight the way they shot the ball. Got to give credit where credit is due. Jada is a beast.

This was more of a momentum run type of game. The score is not indicative or the norm for our games with GC. The Hart girls can flat out score, but we were fortunate to get the 2 games in regular season.

I foresee another couple of matchups and they’ll be a lot closer I predict. We took care of the ball and our shots were falling tonight. 

It appeared the technical foul on Wilkins was a little orchestrated, but he’s a pro at gamesmanship and that was kind of obvious and he knows he could get those refs later on.  Good luck to GC and let’s do it again in a little over a week. 

39 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What happened offensively from your 3, 4, & 5 players?  Tough defense limiting shots from them, or poor shooting night?  I know only having 2 points outside of your top two scorers makes it hard to win a game like that.

Westview made a statement tonight! They know what McCall and Jada can do but the others keep on proving why Westview is so good this year! Simpson came off the bench and hit 3-4 threes and Brigance once again knocked down some big threes. When Barr was in (they called some cheap ones on her), she played well too! If Westview keeps rolling like this, they will be hard to beat

7 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

This was more of a momentum run type of game. The score is not indicative or the norm for our games with GC. The Hart girls can flat out score, but we were fortunate to get the 2 games in regular season.

I foresee another couple of matchups and they’ll be a lot closer I predict. We took care of the ball and our shots were falling tonight. 

It appeared the technical foul on Wilkins was a little orchestrated, but he’s a pro at gamesmanship and that was kind of obvious and he knows he could get those refs later on.  Good luck to GC and let’s do it again in a little over a week. 

He was mad at his players and took it out on the refs, IMO. He might have got a bad call on that one but overall the whistle was even. Refs did a pretty good job. He was more frustrated at his players and probably was trying to get them going. Never know. They have to do something to keep Jada out of the paint, IMO. I said this last meeting. Can’t play them man if you can’t guard her, IMO. GC just has to keep playing and battling and hope Westview gets cold. Not the end of the world. Westview is a great team. It is what it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview made a statement tonight! They know what McCall and Jada can do but the others keep on proving why Westview is so good this year! Simpson came off the bench and hit 3-4 threes and Brigance once again knocked down some big threes. When Barr was in (they called some cheap ones on her), she played well too! If Westview keeps rolling like this, they will be hard to beat

I still say Loretto is the team. Our young girls don’t know they’re still young. At this point in the season, they’re not playing starry eyed and everyone knows a role. We’re as deep as we’ve been in 15-20 years and we’ve always had shooters, but this year it’s beneficial with multiple ball handlers to go along with it. GC will be a force in the upcoming tourneys and Wilkins always has them better in tournament time. They’re a very good team but we’re clicking right now. Our speed on D is better than I thought it could be and I’m glad we got 7 (or 8) of the 9 (or 10) on the court tonight returning again next year. 

10 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

What happened offensively from your 3, 4, & 5 players?  Tough defense limiting shots from them, or poor shooting night?  I know only having 2 points outside of your top two scorers makes it hard to win a game like that.

Had 12 TO’s and they just played good defense. Jada is a beast and we can’t guard her right now and defense is kinda collapsing on her and she is kicking out to open shooters. They just didn’t fall. Got to keep battling.