Region 7 3A

Allthetalk

1. Covington has been doing well this summer and brings back everyone.

2. Ripley I hear they have struggled some with SG and Obion but still think they put it all together.

3. Dyersburg got beat up on by Milan but hands down at the very least the 3rd best team in this region. 

4. Millington heard they lost quite a bit but also didn't look bad against North Side.

5. Bolivar It's 5th, they beat Bolton last year and probably should beat them again. 

6.  Bolton no clue really, didn't impress last year, I doubt they put up much of a fight this year.

• Like 1

I think Covington has a lot of key pieces to make a deep run this year. I watched the South Side scrimmage and the first team defense is very very stout. Over the entirety of the their reps, SS was held to negative yardage. The offensive starters for Covington could get big chunks and put together drives but seemed to have trouble getting into the endzone (pretty sure that will be fixed). AC Mason picked the ball and turned on that next level speed that he possesses when needed, he will be fun to watch! I think that Covington's QB situation is better this year and the line has good size. They team is physically very strong and puts in a lot of work in the weight room. 

I fell that this team can make the SHIP if they can stay healthy. I have done a little research on Alcoa, and apparently they have, again, a very strong team ranked 3rd in the state (all classifications). I'd predict an Alcoa/Covington title game. Ready for the season to start. 

Is the Covington Jamboree only Covington vs UC? Are there any other teams playing?

6 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

I think Covington has a lot of key pieces to make a deep run this year. I watched the South Side scrimmage and the first team defense is very very stout. Over the entirety of the their reps, SS was held to negative yardage. The offensive starters for Covington could get big chunks and put together drives but seemed to have trouble getting into the endzone (pretty sure that will be fixed). AC Mason picked the ball and turned on that next level speed that he possesses when needed, he will be fun to watch! I think that Covington's QB situation is better this year and the line has good size. They team is physically very strong and puts in a lot of work in the weight room. 

I fell that this team can make the SHIP if they can stay healthy. I have done a little research on Alcoa, and apparently they have, again, a very strong team ranked 3rd in the state (all classifications). I'd predict an Alcoa/Covington title game. Ready for the season to start. 

Is the Covington Jamboree only Covington vs UC? Are there any other teams playing?

This is great news to hear!! The Chargers have always had a great strength and conditioning program! They will be a tough team to beat!! There are probably not many (if any) teams that are hungrier for a gold ball than the Chargers!

My understanding is the jamboree includes just Union City and Covington but the JV will have quarter and the freshmen will have a quarter, and maybe even the middle school. But i am not certain on the middle schools. 

4 hours ago, Chargercats said:

This is great news to hear!! The Chargers have always had a great strength and conditioning program! They will be a tough team to beat!! There are probably not many (if any) teams that are hungrier for a gold ball than the Chargers!

My understanding is the jamboree includes just Union City and Covington but the JV will have quarter and the freshmen will have a quarter, and maybe even the middle school. But i am not certain on the middle schools. 

See new thread I am about to post re this Jamboree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

Thanks, Stacmot! The Covington Chargers look good in that article. We do return two All-State players in Jamarion Dowell (running back) and A.C. Mason-Young (AC may play safety, linebacker, running back, receiver, and /or punt / kick returner). 

I will be excited to follow the career of QB Braden Gover. He is a junior now, and the left-hander looks ready to lead the Chargers in football, after a successful baseball season as a pitcher / outfielder. 

The Chargers played in the State Title game in baseball this summer, so I’m hoping for another run at a Gold Ball in football. We will see.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

19 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Thanks, Stacmot! The Covington Chargers look good in that article. We do return two All-State players in Jamarion Dowell (running back) and A.C. Mason-Young (AC may play safety, linebacker, running back, receiver, and /or punt / kick returner). 

I will be excited to follow the career of QB Braden Gover. He is a junior now, and the left-hander looks ready to lead the Chargers in football, after a successful baseball season as a pitcher / outfielder. 

The Chargers played in the State Title game in baseball this summer, so I’m hoping for another run at a Gold Ball in football. We will see.

Sounds like y'all are loaded for bear.  Hope y'all get that gold ball.