AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

1 hour ago, imright4now said:

Go home. And shut up. You crybaby. York is playing for gold!!! P r I c k!!

One thing you will get Golden is a golden whistle this year. Had it again today. GP should have won in regulation. Crazy offensive foul and a clean block that was called a foul bailed you out. 

1 hour ago, rebfan11986 said:

Seems pretty lucid to me. He sounds pretty wise. You on the other hand fall on the extreme other side of the spectrum. You are just instigating at this point. 

59 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Well I called the Westview one exact….Saturday’s is Westview’s to lose. They would win by 15+

Congrats on a nice win!! Proud of you guys!! Took you a minute to get going but y’all played well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Congrats on a nice win!! Proud of you guys!! Took you a minute to get going but y’all played well.

Much appreciated! Hopefully the girls can finish this thing Saturday! They have had a wonderful year. Needed more dribble drive tonight imo but they found a way to pull it off. Jayda was HUGE tonight. Need McCall and Kylie to start knocking down some shots Saturday to really jump start the offense. Really hope they can bring that gold ball back to West Tennessee. Weakley County pretty strong in the tourney so far!!

1 minute ago, rebfan11986 said:

Much appreciated! Hopefully the girls can finish this thing Saturday! They have had a wonderful year. Needed more dribble drive tonight imo but they found a way to pull it off. Jayda was HUGE tonight. Need McCall and Kylie to start knocking down some shots Saturday to really jump start the offense. Really hope they can bring that gold ball back to West Tennessee. Weakley County pretty strong in the tourney so far!!

6-12 is last stat I heard from 3. Pretty good. Jada got in the lane a bunch and fed Barr some. Was a nice game. Very productive. I think the zone will give York problems. Want to say Westmoreland and Community ran a lot of zone against them. Stay focused. I like your chances. 

• Like 3

York has escaped 2 times in this tourney and have broken everyone's AA bracket. I anticipate a very good game on Saturday and their #24 is a very good post player in there. After surrendering 15 points in the 1st, I was glad our defense held Alcoa to 17 over the next 3 quarters. Hopefully, we will play our best game of the tournament. 

Great crowd support for WV tonight, but Alcoa travels pretty light. I was expecting them to have a larger student presence, but they didn't. That's 2 games in a row I've watched them and their student body hasn't been there. 

WV is focused and it's a different vibe this year with this group, but that's a good thing. 

#gochargers 

11 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

York has escaped 2 times in this tourney and have broken everyone's AA bracket. I anticipate a very good game on Saturday and their #24 is a very good post player in there. After surrendering 15 points in the 1st, I was glad our defense held Alcoa to 17 over the next 3 quarters. Hopefully, we will play our best game of the tournament. 

Great crowd support for WV tonight, but Alcoa travels pretty light. I was expecting them to have a larger student presence, but they didn't. That's 2 games in a row I've watched them and their student body hasn't been there. 

WV is focused and it's a different vibe this year with this group, but that's a good thing. 

#gochargers 

Congratulations on a nice win. Westview has played well this year. Time to stay focussed and finish it off, 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations on a nice win. Westview has played well this year. Time to stay focussed and finish it off, 

I believe they are. The Nike tournament gave them a lot of confidence in playing up, not to mention playing Gibson County & Loretto in State, to see about all styles of play. In preseason, we handled Blackman fairly well and they were super athletic.  From that Nike tourney, the 2 teams that we beat out there have won their 3A&4A championships in Arizona, the LA-California team that beat us is playing for their State Championship, and the Chicago,IL team that beat us lost, but finished as the 17th ranked team as stated by a national service. They’ll start dialing in York tomorrow and game planning. Everyone in the crowd today saw the late game heroics this afternoon from York. I’m pretty confident that Coach Haskins will drill that into them. Thanks for the support from everyone. At this point, we always pull for each other from our area. I was happy to see a large number of WV fans/students supporting and cheering on our neighbors today. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

10 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I believe they are. The Nike tournament gave them a lot of confidence in playing up, not to mention playing Gibson County & Loretto in State, to see about all styles of play. In preseason, we handled Blackman fairly well and they were super athletic.  From that Nike tourney, the 2 teams that we beat out there have won their 3A&4A championships in Arizona, the LA-California team that beat us is playing for their State Championship, and the Chicago,IL team that beat us lost, but finished as the 17th ranked team as stated by a national service. They’ll start dialing in York tomorrow and game planning. Everyone in the crowd today saw the late game heroics this afternoon from York. I’m pretty confident that Coach Haskins will drill that into them. Thanks for the support from everyone. At this point, we always pull for each other from our area. I was happy to see a large number of WV fans/students supporting and cheering on our neighbors today. 

Game went about the way I thought. Knew Alcoa had had Turnover problems at times. Thought they never could get comfortable.