AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

1 hour ago, crow6424 said:

I think most fan bases are the same around the state though

I agree. No one is completely innocent, especially when there is booing.

I've been to games when I felt there was a real danger of a brawl breaking out. The last one, a boy's game, had the officials calling a foul almost every time a team was going down the court. I figured it was their way of keeping a semblance of order.

I did not witness, only heard, that things did get out of hand after the game.

1 hour ago, crow6424 said:

I think most fan bases are the same around the state though

Everyone has that mom that has never watched basketball before and thinks her kid never fouls and would score 50 every game if not for the coaches and refs or the guy that thinks he paid $7000 to sit court side at an NBA game and taunts the players. York seems to have many more of these like 2/3 of them. I have never seen fans scream for fouls every time on offense. I work with a guy from Rickman and he said York has always been like that. Always the refs fault when they lose. 

Edited by Khall555

2 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Everyone has that mom that has never watched basketball before and thinks her kid never fouls and would score 50 every game if not for the coaches and refs or the guy that thinks he paid $7000 to sit court side at an NBA game and taunts the players. York seems to have many more of these like 2/3 of them. I have never seen fans scream for fouls every time on offense. I work with a guy from Rickman and he said York has always been like that. Always the refs fault when they lose. 

When Upperman used to play Pickett Co yearly, we started beating them in the late 90’s. Their newspaper wrote a story about the game and they blamed the refs in the newspaper. It was rather hilarious because we beat them by 20 points 

13 hours ago, crow6424 said:

When Upperman used to play Pickett Co yearly, we started beating them in the late 90’s. Their newspaper wrote a story about the game and they blamed the refs in the newspaper. It was rather hilarious because we beat them by 20 points 

My experiences with York was from attending the 8AA Region 4AA games usually vs Upperman or Macon where every time the Lady Dragons were on offense the fans would scream that refs missed a foul (I am talking like missed wide open shots with no one around) and when the other team was clearly fouled it was “let the kids play” from a large percentage of fans. Those games were certainly not close most of the time and would have a running clock in the 4th quarter. My dad noticed it also even when we did not sit close to each other and several different games.  I don’t hold anything against the York players and coaches for the actions of parents and refs but I just find it funny that 2 games in a row York has gotten some very generous benefits from very bad calls and it’s not a peep of complaints from the same people that would be insane if they lost in the same manner.

Edited by Khall555

47 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

My experiences with York was from attending the 8AA Region 4AA games usually vs Upperman or Macon where every time the Lady Dragons were on offense the refs missed a foul (I am talking like missed wide open shots with no one around) and when the other team was clearly fouled it was “let the kids play” from a large percentage of fans. Those games were certainly not close most of the time and would have a running clock in the 4th quarter. My dad noticed it also even when we did not sit close to each other and several different games.  I don’t hold anything against the York players and coaches for the actions of parents and refs but I just find it funny that 2 games in a row York has gotten some very generous benefits from very bad calls and it’s not a peep of complaints from the same people that would be insane if they lost in the same manner.

Everybody is to their own and don’t care if a team like GC gets put out. There were a few on here that didn’t like it, but deep down inside a lot of folks liked it that were playing. Your right. Let somebody go home today with a tech on a player on the bench with two minutes left that ends up tied and goes back the other way with a four point possession and cost them the game and not get a call on 8 possessions in the forth where contact altered shots and on the other end touch contact was called multiple times. They were the beneficiary so far this year with the refs. GP had the ball with a 1 point lead with 20 or so seconds and a mysterious offensive foul was called on them and the next possession a clean block by GP was called a foul. Bad thing about it is they are a good team and have a dynamic PG and can hold their own without the extraricular bad calls. I agree let’s reverse it and see what happens if it happens to another team. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

My experiences with York was from attending the 8AA Region 4AA games usually vs Upperman or Macon where every time the Lady Dragons were on offense the fans would scream that refs missed a foul (I am talking like missed wide open shots with no one around) and when the other team was clearly fouled it was “let the kids play” from a large percentage of fans. Those games were certainly not close most of the time and would have a running clock in the 4th quarter. My dad noticed it also even when we did not sit close to each other and several different games.  I don’t hold anything against the York players and coaches for the actions of parents and refs but I just find it funny that 2 games in a row York has gotten some very generous benefits from very bad calls and it’s not a peep of complaints from the same people that would be insane if they lost in the same manner.

Oh, they would have been really pissed if the calls would have went the other way around for sure

55 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Everybody is to their own and don’t care if a team like GC gets put out. There were a few on here that didn’t like it, but deep down inside a lot of folks liked it that were playing. Your right. Let somebody go home today with a tech on a player on the bench with two minutes left that ends up tied and goes back the other way with a four point possession and cost them the game and not get a call on 8 possessions in the forth where contact altered shots and on the other end touch contact was called multiple times. They were the beneficiary so far this year with the refs. GP had the ball with a 1 point lead with 20 or so seconds and a mysterious offensive foul was called on them and the next possession a clean block by GP was called a foul. Bad thing about it is they are a good team and have a dynamic PG and can hold their own without the extraricular bad calls. I agree let’s reverse it and see what happens if it happens to another team. 

Did you even watch the game? We had a foul called on us that sent GP to the line with 30 seconds left. They hit both of those to make it a 3 point game, York drove down the court and scored real quick to cut it down to 1. GP throws the ball out of bounds after that. York gets the ball on their bench to inbound and gets the game winning runner with 2-3 seconds left. Not sure what game you were watching but there was no fouls in the last 30 seconds other than the one where we sent GP to the line. Two of our starters fouled out in the 4th quarter so to say we got all the calls is just an outrageous statement… I don’t think GP had anyone in foul trouble the whole game but oh well It is what it is lol see y’all at the Championship game… 8-)