AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

York has escaped 2 times in this tourney and have broken everyone's AA bracket. I anticipate a very good game on Saturday and their #24 is a very good post player in there. After surrendering 15 points in the 1st, I was glad our defense held Alcoa to 17 over the next 3 quarters. Hopefully, we will play our best game of the tournament. 

Great crowd support for WV tonight, but Alcoa travels pretty light. I was expecting them to have a larger student presence, but they didn't. That's 2 games in a row I've watched them and their student body hasn't been there. 

WV is focused and it's a different vibe this year with this group, but that's a good thing. 

#gochargers 

Alcoa fans thinks only sport if football but they better start following bball since Rankin left ( bet they start free fall in football now ) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Media has picked up on the Golden Whistle too.  

I have attended 1000’s of HS basketball games in my life and have never seen a fan base like York. I sat with them during several 8AA tournaments and York players have never committed a foul in any basketball game ever and York players are fouled relentlessly all game and the refs refuse to call the game properly. It’s funny how now they claim it’s perfectly fine given how they act in most games (including 30 point blowouts) 

28 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Yes, that is correct. The freshman is not a typical freshman I must add. 

Definitely not. She is extraordinary! I've gotten the privilege of watching her since the the beginning of her 8th grade year because my son is also a freshmen bball player at Westview. She was the show on many many nights, no doubt!! She was a little off it seems yesterday. Hopefully she finds her stroke tomorrow.

Edited by rebfan11986

8 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Congrats Westview.Been a great season and think the Gold Ball is coming back to Westview.And if I heard right,only starting 1 senior?Think 2 juniors,a sophomore and a freshman?

Yep, I predict back to back state championships for westview.  Although losing Barr is huge defensively.

Congrats to Westview and York girls on their wins yesterday over two good teams. Had a chance to speak with some Westview fans before our game, very nice people and also shoutout to yalls pep club for joining in with ours late in the game helping cheering our girls onto victory...  very awesome to see. Looking forward to a great championship game tomorrow! Hopefully the snow tonight doesn't cause travel problems as i except to see two great crowds there!

Edited by YorkPride21

13 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I have attended 1000’s of HS basketball games in my life and have never seen a fan base like York. I sat with them during several 8AA tournaments and York players have never committed a foul in any basketball game ever and York players are fouled relentlessly all game and the refs refuse to call the game properly. It’s funny how now they claim it’s perfectly fine given how they act in most games (including 30 point blowouts) 

I think most fan bases are the same around the state though