AAA state tournament matchups & predictions

Bballhoops1

On 3/11/2022 at 2:15 PM, Americal198 said:

What a game! Upperman had the upper hand for most of the game but barely finish ahead of a very good Creek Wood team.

Creekwood is the first team I have seen in the tournament that made a high percentage of their 3-point shots. Brianna Burgess was spectacular.

Upperman's Abigail Johnson has 44 points in the two games, MVP in my book so far.

The Lady Bees have to do better at the free throw line, especially if the game is on the line. South Side is not going to give up too much. 

The last sentence speaks volumes. Great effort by Jala Cobb making her free throws at the end of the game. If she felt the pressure, she didn't let it show. Congratulations.

I can't give enough credit to Abigail Johnson. MVP!

On 3/8/2022 at 8:07 AM, UCSportsFan said:

The nice thing about this is we will get to find out soon enough. Beat Greeneville and earn respect. 

I was hoping to see Greeneville/Upperman. After Greeneville lost, Upperman became my choice to win it all. What a wild and wooly game against South Side. Here's hoping they'll be back in Greeneville for the next Ladies Classic.

Edited by Americal198

23 minutes ago, Cballer said:

And y’all did the same thing. Can’t play defense without holding. Constant hacking and no calls on Johnson until you pushed her far enough she reacted. Then y’all won after they forced us to take her out of the game. Too bad we couldn’t have face you all again with real refs not refs in training. We would have thumped you by 30. 

We took our starting Miss Basketball Finalist post out when your girl blew a gasket and body slammed one of ours. We beat you and will beat again. Had another one separate a shoulder. I wasn’t impressed actually. We beat you with some backups. 

Edited by pioneer42

5 minutes ago, Cballer said:

Yeah right. Guess that’s why we were cutting nets last night and you weren’t?  I’ll be honest didn’t know you had a miss bball finalist.  I didn’t see anyone that stood out. Y’all were all great at hacking tho.  There is only so much of that anyone can take. The officials in training (they literally were new officials in training) wouldn’t stop it, she took it into her own hands. It all starts with teams like you not knowing the rules. With that I wasn’t impressed at all. If you aren’t skilled enough to play defense by rules…we’ll I don’t know what I’d call it.   Not a champion, that’s for sure.  

Did I mention we were cutting nets late last night in Baxter? Where were you?  Oh yes, punching a keyboard. 

When you started pushing, we pushed back. I used to have respect for the Upper Cumberland area, but not anymore. I am proud of my team. We have 3 Gold Balls and a Silver and an unfinished Final Four and two more appearances in the last 12 years. Only two teams to beat us was two state champions Westview and McKenzie and a corrupt ref that decided he didn’t want us there. I hope we play the Bees soon. 

2 hours ago, crow6424 said:

One thing I don’t like about our fans is we don’t win or lose with grace apparently. We won the state championship let’s act like we’ve been there before

I think it's more like A fan, and that's not even a given.  Unfortunate sometimes but fans pick teams, not the other way around.  Needs to learn, say little when you lose, say less when you win.

On 3/12/2022 at 8:47 PM, UCSportsFan said:

This year’s tournament was one of the more competitive across the board that I’ve seen in a long time. Every team that made it was very good. The cream always rises. The two best teams played each other for the championship and Upperman proved once again just how good this program and coaching staff really is. SS will be heard from again. Too much talent along with great coaching for them not to be. Not to change the subject but how about that young lady that sang the national anthem from Southside!  Just amazing!!!

I agree all the games was pretty close & competitive. Her whole either family are athletic & can sang!