AAA state tournament matchups & predictions

Bballhoops1

Congratulations to the Upperman Lady Bees for winning the Gold Ball after a superb effort. Jackson South Side is a fine team also and played their hearts out.

Congratulations to Abigail Johnson Most Valuable Player in the AAA tourney. It was difficult for her in the paint today as South Side did their best to take her out of the inside game. The two three-point shots were the turning point.

One memorable game.

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

Refs was definitely trash on both ends! Big 3’s by #44 was the game changer! Congratulations to y’all 

Yep. Changed momentum. We played them in a pre-season play day in Lebanon and they have improved. Good team. Nothing to be ashamed of. Can’t win them all. 

38 minutes ago, Cballer said:

No but we were!  Book that, boom!

Where was that pressure defense you been yapping about?  All I seen was kids that have been taught to push, hold and hack at the ball.  According to the rule book you cannot use your hands and forearms to hold the offensive player in front of you.

Upperman has a great team, but come on man, they threw there share of elbows as well. I thought it was an average high school girls b-ball game. Amazing how people can only see one side of a game.

12 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Upperman has a great team, but come on man, they threw there share of elbows as well. I thought it was an average high school girls b-ball game. Amazing how people can only see one side of a game.

Yeah he said a day or two ago he was pulling for South Side. They think they are the only one’s that play basketball. Just like the comments made about the Pickett County Single A District being the toughest in Single A. Lot of these folks are just ignorant. 

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah he said a day or two ago he was pulling for South Side. They think they are the only one’s that play basketball. Just like the comments made about the Pickett County Single A District being the toughest in Single A. Lot of these folks are just ignorant. 

I believe it. Sometimes I wonder if I’m watching the same game as others. 

From a totally unbiased fan of the game and no ties to either team, it was VERY clear that the refs favored Upperman! I e seen it all week against SS! Piss poor refereeing and they did everything possible to help the other teams win the first two games. Today was pathetic and embarrassing as a spectator! From what I hear, SS returns most of their players, so good/better luck next year!

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Some people just don’t look at other schools and who they beat or get beat by and just think their schools or area is 10 times better. Very uneducated people.

I agree. I haven’t had one in high school playing ball since 2018, but I couldn’t even set by some of our schools fans because of the fact they thought they knew everything about the game, but knew nothing. I did get to watch y’alls game against York today and will say the tech changed that game big time. Don’t know if y’all would have won or not, but it changed the way Wilkins had to coach rest of the game. It was tied at that point and after tech called and shots made it was a fouling game from that point forward. 

11 minutes ago, biggz1517 said:

From a totally unbiased fan of the game and no ties to either team, it was VERY clear that the refs favored Upperman! I e seen it all week against SS! Piss poor refereeing and they did everything possible to help the other teams win the first two games. Today was pathetic and embarrassing as a spectator! From what I hear, SS returns most of their players, so good/better luck next year!

South Side should be in Murfreesboro every year unless Coach McNeal takes a break from the annual trip to Murfreesboro

This year’s tournament was one of the more competitive across the board that I’ve seen in a long time. Every team that made it was very good. The cream always rises. The two best teams played each other for the championship and Upperman proved once again just how good this program and coaching staff really is. SS will be heard from again. Too much talent along with great coaching for them not to be. Not to change the subject but how about that young lady that sang the national anthem from Southside!  Just amazing!!!

Edited by UCSportsFan