Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Ok that should fire the Mavs up for Greeneville....if nothing else.

In case some don't know Swipes is a big Greeneville fan and statistician. But give it time the Mavs will be in top 5 a little early now, and they will have deserved it. Rhea county come to town and I hope we are ready. That should give the Mavs finally some much deserved notoriety.

If it takes me talking on these boards to fire the Mavs up for Greeneville then they have already lost Mavsinflight.  I would think losing the last 7 times would already have them fired up.

Your'e going to have to see how the season shakes out because the teams I named have played a lot tougher schedule so far than the Mavs.  (Besides Maryville and Alcoa but we already know how those two teams roll).  Rhea County should not give you a test at all if the Mavs are for real.  They are replacing an Oline but their QB is still really good.  Alcoa was up 38 to 0 at half before calling off the dogs.

AC is one injury away from going .500 the rest of the season. They are razor thin on the line too, that's why they've moved a TE to tackle. The lack of depth could hurt them.  

MIF those nicknames are cringe. If you only knew... but you don't want to.  

They will likely get booted 2nd round by Greenville,  as usual.  The coaching staff plays so tight against Greenville and it transfers to the players. Could this year be different? Possibly,  I'll believe it when I see it though.  You have to show me. I hope my nephew has a good injury free season,  I don't want to dox myself and have it taken out on my kids. 

It's like admin are so desperate for a gold ball they would do anything to get one, and they have.  It's cringy the way the admin down there act about football. Mav fans may not want to hear it,  but it's true.  I strongly dislike the admin,  I've lost a great deal of respect for the coaches but wish the kids good luck.  

Edited by FormerMav
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well I hope we are through bad mouthing the Mavs. I can guarantee the Mavs will do fine this year. And thanks swipes for the update on Rhea County even though it feels that is coming from a spite. But I do appreciate the stats. I was not that in tune with Rhea County but If I were Mavs I would not take them for granted. I have always given respect to the Devil's even have told you that. But this will be different. The Mavs will be standing when all the dust settles.

The Mavs have built one of the best experiences in high School football that you will see. That's proven and they are on the road to good years. As anyone knows you can't please everyone all the time. 

But I am pleased with there program they Can't do much better. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

19 hours ago, Swipes said:

Give you Respect?  Really?  Respect is earned not given.  Until you actually make noise in the play-offs and make it to the Semi's then you all are just yapping dogs like every other year.

Top 5 in all of Tennessee is laughable.  You have beat a 5a team that lost their QB and RB in the 1st quarter and beat a 6a team in Science Hill who lost most of their starters off of last years team.  Teams better than AC in TN.  Lipscomb Academy, Oakland, Maryville, Alcoa, West, MBA, Brentwood Academy, CPA, etc.  Are they a top 10-20 team no matter classification probably so at this point in the season but don't be getting delusional 

No need to include private schools. We do everything with guys born and bread in our county. Sure teams with more resources can do more but we're doing a lot more with less and building. 

why so much hate?

16 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well I hope we are through bad mouthing the Mavs. I can guarantee the Mavs will do fine this year. And thanks swipes for the update on Rhea County even though it feels that is coming from a spite. But I do appreciate the stats. I was not that in tune with Rhea County but If I were Mavs I would not take them for granted. I have always given respect to the Devil's even have told you that. But this will be different. The Mavs will be standing when all the dust settles.

The Mavs have built one of the best experiences in high School football that you will see. That's proven and they are on the road to good years. As anyone knows you can't please everyone all the time. 

Coach nobody has it better just remember. We have a lot of haters that don't understand this level of work and dedication. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, FormerMav said:

AC is one injury away from going .500 the rest of the season. They are razor thin on the line too, that's why they've moved a TE to tackle. The lack of depth could hurt them.  

MIF those nicknames are cringe. If you only knew... but you don't want to.  

They will likely get booted 2nd round by Greenville,  as usual.  The coaching staff plays so tight against Greenville and it transfers to the players. Could this year be different? Possibly,  I'll believe it when I see it though.  You have to show me. I hope my nephew has a good injury free season,  I don't want to dox myself and have it taken out on my kids. 

It's like admin are so desperate for a gold ball they would do anything to get one, and they have.  It's cringy the way the admin down there act about football. Mav fans may not want to hear it,  but it's true.  I strongly dislike the admin,  I've lost a great deal of respect for the coaches but wish the kids good luck.  

Why are you on this thread go somewhere else. How can you be a former mav?

17 hours ago, Swipes said:

If it takes me talking on these boards to fire the Mavs up for Greeneville then they have already lost Mavsinflight.  I would think losing the last 7 times would already have them fired up.

Your'e going to have to see how the season shakes out because the teams I named have played a lot tougher schedule so far than the Mavs.  (Besides Maryville and Alcoa but we already know how those two teams roll).  Rhea County should not give you a test at all if the Mavs are for real.  They are replacing an Oline but their QB is still really good.  Alcoa was up 38 to 0 at half before calling off the dogs.

We will be prepared this year. This is not the Greeneville of the past and Elizabethton is down as well. We are a top team in the state. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I already have a few nick names for some players thus far. As we all know...... Noe is the Beast. But Moog is a Monster. Vowell is what everyone should know, is Spiderman. And Martinez is the Top Gun! With so much Talent it's hard to find names for the Millers still working on it. But of course Mr. LaRue is Roadrunner Beep Beep (Cartoon).

Miller Lite and Miller Heavy 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Ok that should fire the Mavs up for Greeneville....if nothing else.

In case some don't know Swipes is a big Greeneville fan and statistician. But give it time the Mavs will be in top 5 a little early now, and they will have deserved it. Rhea county come to town and I hope we are ready. That should give the Mavs finally some much deserved notoriety.

As down as Rhea County is we should run them over and prove we're one of the best teams in the state. Last year we played the toughest schedule in the state and now the tables have turned and all those teams with upperclassman are gone and we have all the upperclassman. The respect is due and it will come with these blow out wins then on to the playoffs ranked #1

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Hate us because they ain't us 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moogitonover said:

No need to include private schools. We do everything with guys born and bread in our county. Sure teams with more resources can do more but we're doing a lot more with less and building. 

why so much hate?

Way to back track real quick Mr. "Give us the respect and just say top 5 team in the state in all of football". Now it's "Give us the respect and just say top 5 PUBLIC team in the state in all of football.

There is no Hate towards AC the team just don't respect hearing the same thing every single year from their fan base just to be once again proven wrong.  There is no Love lost between the two schools especially after the "Daddy Ball" sign you put up Cade's Senior year just to be boat raced and have the Mercy rule put on you by halftime.  I would call it a rivalry but that would mean both teams would have to be winning in the series which we all know they hasn't happened in 17 years for AC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Moogitonover said:

Coach nobody has it better just remember. We have a lot of haters that don't understand this level of work and dedication. 

You're the Dallas cowboys of TN high school football haha. No real reason it's just fun watching the mavs beat their chest all season then get bounced the second round.