Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

25 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

UC knows about teams not willing to play the best teams in the area.  Not sure why he was busting your chops on that one.  If you look you will see that the two best teams in the UC aren’t listed on a certain teams schedule.  Just saying…

He knows why I’m busting his chops because all of last year he got on here and said how great Southside was, and acted like the rest of us didn’t have a chance and then when Upperman beat them, you couldn’t find him on the message boards anywhere. If anything, this guys a troll I’ve been on here a lot longer than he has. I know basketball and I’ve seen teams come to the state tournament with undefeated records and get blown out first game. I’ve never said one derogatory comment about southside the players or the coaches I know how good Greenville was a couple of years ago. I’ve also seen Westview come to the state tournament and have success. All I have said is until Southside actually wins a championship let’s hold off crowning them champions. Just because they beat up on a bunch of weak west Tennessee teams does not mean they’re going to win the state championship. No it doesn’t mean they won’t and if they are the best team they will win and they are very good. We all know that. this guy can dish it out but he can’t take it, he was trolling everybody last year until Southside got beat then you couldn’t find him on any of the message boards. So when I give him a little back to what he gives everybody else well then he starts calling me names like a child I say, let’s all root for our teams, and be glad that we can attend the state tournament in person without a mask, and without rules that keep us away and keep our kids away from doing what they love to do, Greenfield was arguably the best team in the state and they never got a gold ball because of the idiotic stuff that happened. That’s all I’m going to say about that. Good luck to all the teams. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

55 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

UC knows about teams not willing to play the best teams in the area.  Not sure why he was busting your chops on that one.  If you look you will see that the two best teams in the UC aren’t listed on a certain teams schedule.  Just saying…

I know what you’re implying here the Cookeville/Upperman agreement not to play each other and for the life of me that has never made sense. However, I know that Cookeville is very good this year and they were very good last year but up until recently they haven’t been as we all know. For years Cookeville was Jackson County’s. Whipping Post. Upperman was very good in the early 2000s and has stayed fairly consistent now for several years. They did kind of had a lull around 2012 to 15 but for the most part this program has been one of the better programs in the area. So I’m not sure if the powers that be decided it was against everybody’s best interest not to play one another but I for one am all for it. I know the football teams decided to play each other finally and Upperman has dominated that rivalry. But it’s amazing what some very good coaching will do and all that starts at the elementary level in the Putnam County feeder schools are extremely good. Cookeville is legit this year. I hope they can get the job done next week!  The UpperCumberland has a legitimate chance to bring home all four gold balls. You have Clarkrange and Pickett County perennial super powers in single-A that will both be at the state tournament. York Institute is the odds on favorite to win AA then you have LA and Upperman who is the reigning state champion in AAA and Cookeville who is arguably one of the best AAAA teams in the state. If you added up the entire population of all these places, they would not equal Jackson Tennessee let that sink in for a moment. The UpperCumberland may not win a single gold ball this year, but they just might win them all time will tell.

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I know what you’re implying here the Cookeville/Upperman agreement not to play each other and for the life of me that has never made sense. However, I know that Cookeville is very good this year and they were very good last year but up until recently they haven’t been as we all know. For years Cookeville was Jackson County’s. Whipping Post. Upperman was very good in the early 2000s and has stayed fairly consistent now for several years. They did kind of had a lull around 2012 to 15 but for the most part this program has been one of the better programs in the area. So I’m not sure if the powers that be decided it was against everybody’s best interest not to play one another but I for one am all for it. I know the football teams decided to play each other finally and Upperman has dominated that rivalry. But it’s amazing what some very good coaching will do and all that starts at the elementary level in the Putnam County feeder schools are extremely good. Cookeville is legit this year. I hope they can get the job done next week!  The UpperCumberland has a legitimate chance to bring home all four gold balls. You have Clarkrange and Pickett County perennial super powers in single-A that will both be at the state tournament. York Institute is the odds on favorite to win AA then you have LA and Upperman who is the reigning state champion in AAA and Cookeville who is arguably one of the best AAAA teams in the state. If you added up the entire population of all these places, they would not equal Jackson Tennessee let that sink in for a moment. The UpperCumberland may not win a single gold ball this year, but they just might win them all time will tell.

There isn’t an agreement that I am aware of but I am sure that is what one side would say.  I know one team that would play them at Cane Creek if they would show up.   But it takes two to tango.  And this isn’t the old Cookeville teams you describe.  Culture change and talent change started years ago.  But other than that you are right.  There are some dangerous teams in the UC.  

I think the UC is still a year away from the Class A ball after the Clay upset.  But PC could make a run at it.   They have the talent but a lot of Fresh/Soph in key positions.   I like Clarkrange but I think they would have to play perfect,  have some luck,  and get a really good draw to pull it off.  

York is ALOT better this year than last year.  I think they will come home with the gold ball this year. The Beaty sisters are so tough.  But the addition of freshman Werner is a game changer and that’s a dang good ball team.

UHS and LA have a good shot but it’s hard for me to see that this years UHS team (without Crouch) being better than last years team.  Not sure they have enough firepower to pull it off vs SS.   LA is a lot better than last year and they will make a splash.  They are so tall and long.  If they get hot shooting or Butler decides to go for 40 they can beat anyone.  I will be pulling for all of these teams.

I think Cookeville is one of the top teams in the state.  They have played a tough schedule and are battle proven but AAAA is going to be an absolute war next week.  Getting out of first round will be tough. The top 4-5 teams are separated by 5-6  pts IMO.  And I think the draw will decide everything.  If the Lady Cavs play defense the way we have all year, and have a good shooting night, I like our chances against anyone.  

Edited by LadyCavsFan

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Of course 

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

He knows why I’m busting his chops because all of last year he got on here and said how great Southside was, and acted like the rest of us didn’t have a chance and then when Upperman beat them, you couldn’t find him on the message boards anywhere. If anything, this guys a troll I’ve been on here a lot longer than he has. I know basketball and I’ve seen teams come to the state tournament with undefeated records and get blown out first game. I’ve never said one derogatory comment about southside the players or the coaches I know how good Greenville was a couple of years ago. I’ve also seen Westview come to the state tournament and have success. All I have said is until Southside actually wins a championship let’s hold off crowning them champions. Just because they beat up on a bunch of weak west Tennessee teams does not mean they’re going to win the state championship. No it doesn’t mean they won’t and if they are the best team they will win and they are very good. We all know that. this guy can dish it out but he can’t take it, he was trolling everybody last year until Southside got beat then you couldn’t find him on any of the message boards. So when I give him a little back to what he gives everybody else well then he starts calling me names like a child I say, let’s all root for our teams, and be glad that we can attend the state tournament in person without a mask, and without rules that keep us away and keep our kids away from doing what they love to do, Greenfield was arguably the best team in the state and they never got a gold ball because of the idiotic stuff that happened. That’s all I’m going to say about that. Good luck to all the teams. 

Hawk is a good one. He's just passionate about his team. I believe SS is the best team over here in the West. I wasn't at their game last year in the Championship, but Upperman handled their pressure - applied their own- and SS couldn't make the outside shots. Don't take it personal. He's been hammering on WV for years, but the W & Ls don't lie. The only time they've matched up since their fight was in a Regional championship 4 years ago...and SS was good then too. It's the good thing about fanbases and CoachT. He's not in out of space like some on here about their team's ability, he's just a believer in his program. You can't take things to serious on here. Pioneer made a statement about WV not playing anybody on another thread, but they have played Gibson County 4 times (his primary team), Huntingdon 2 times, Mckenzie, Elizabethon, and Mercy (KY). Can't help the district map, like SS can't help their district map. We support GC, WV, and SS over here and we/they all know that those teams that WV played are somebody. The people at WV believe those are good teams.  I have dual allegiance personally...but everyone's pretty cool on here when it's said and done. 

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

First off you ain’t busting nothing! I never got on here & said anything about winning a championship! We have been affected by the injury bug last 5-7 years, so you have the wrong guy! 

Last year was no different! We had a 20 point, 12 rebounder out with an injury. For the past few years our best went down in the substate game. 

When Upperman won I made a post about Upperman winning it in a great game, so again you have the wrong guy! Look back! I know basketball as well! You don’t think basketball is played on this side of the river! I never get on here & say we will win, the game still have to be played! 

4 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Hawk is a good one. He's just passionate about his team. I believe SS is the best team over here in the West. I wasn't at their game last year in the Championship, but Upperman handled their pressure - applied their own- and SS couldn't make the outside shots. Don't take it personal. He's been hammering on WV for years, but the W & Ls don't lie. The only time they've matched up since their fight was in a Regional championship 4 years ago...and SS was good then too. It's the good thing about fanbases and CoachT. He's not in out of space like some on here about their team's ability, he's just a believer in his program. You can't take things to serious on here. Pioneer made a statement about WV not playing anybody on another thread, but they have played Gibson County 4 times (his primary team), Huntingdon 2 times, Mckenzie, Elizabethon, and Mercy (KY). Can't help the district map, like SS can't help their district map. We support GC, WV, and SS over here and we/they all know that those teams that WV played are somebody. The people at WV believe those are good teams.  I have dual allegiance personally...but everyone's pretty cool on here when it's said and done. 

Great post. 

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

First off you ain’t busting nothing! I never got on here & said anything about winning a championship! We have been affected by the injury bug last 5-7 years, so you have the wrong guy! 

Last year was no different! We had a 20 point, 12 rebounder out with an injury. For the past few years our best went down in the substate game. 

When Upperman won I made a post about Upperman winning it in a great game, so again you have the wrong guy! Look back! I know basketball as well! You don’t think basketball is played on this side of the river! I never get on here & say we will win, the game still have to be played! 

I don’t have the wrong guy. I remember all the trash talking. It’s all good. No offense was taken by it. I’m not offended by much on here.  We are all passionate about our communities and local teams and that’s a great thing!  I truly believe SS is the favorite so we will see. I will say that if Upperman is lucky enough to play them and they are able to handle the pressure SS puts on the ball, then it will be extremely hard for SS to beat them. 

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I don’t have the wrong guy. I remember all the trash talking. It’s all good. No offense was taken by it. I’m not offended by much on here.  We are all passionate about our communities and local teams and that’s a great thing!  I truly believe SS is the favorite so we will see. I will say that if Upperman is lucky enough to play them and they are able to handle the pressure SS puts on the ball, then it will be extremely hard for SS to beat them. 

Never offended by anything on the internet. Everybody in this group is entitled to their opinion & is passionate about their team. I disagree about us being the favorite…. I always believe that until the defending state champion is eliminated they are the favorite! 

Upperman is a good team and is very well coached! I saw y’all play LA for the district championship. Y’all are in great with y’all great middle school program! Y’all have a great feeder program & winning state is awesome! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Never offended by anything on the internet. Everybody in this group is entitled to their opinion & is passionate about their team. I disagree about us being the favorite…. I always believe that until the defending state champion is eliminated they are the favorite! 

Upperman is a good team and is very well coached! I saw y’all play LA for the district championship. Y’all are in great with y’all great middle school program! Y’all have a great feeder program & winning state is awesome! 

Yeah I agree on the reigning champion thing but from all that we’ve heard SS is special this year. Y’all support your teams at the state tournament so I love to see that. I remember back in the day when Dyer County had some good boys teams. They would fill Murphy Center with Orange!  It will be an interesting state tournament for sure. There are some really good teams this year so we shall see how it all shows out.