Jump to content

Jackson Central Merry Coaching Change


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

This is a huge surprise. Brian Lake has been named the interim coach at JCM. Coach Shutes is one and done. Does anybody have any insight on this? Where will Shutes land?

 

 Never can tell. He was making good money. May not be anything to do with JCM. Never know. I do think his family has had some health issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

This is a huge surprise. Brian Lake has been named the interim coach at JCM. Coach Shutes is one and done. Does anybody have any insight on this? Where will Shutes land?

 

No insight at all, just my opinion and time will tell, but I think he may be ready to hang up his whistle. If so, he has nothing left to prove...great career and well respected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, tradertwo said:

No insight at all, just my opinion and time will tell, but I think he may be ready to hang up his whistle. If so, he has nothing left to prove...great career and well respected.

Good post. I agree. He has helped build USJ into a great program and well respected. He has had a great career. USJ has done a great job reloading year in year out. You play them you know it is going to be a battle.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I read the article and it said family health related issues played a part. Hope it isn't anything serious.

 

I believe his wife has battled cancer and a few strokes, so her health is not great. There were also rumors of some administrative and personnel items that had to be addressed. One post I read on social media stated "retiring" and another stated "resigning", so not sure if we will see him on the sideline anywhere again or soon. Great guy, great coach, definitely a hall of famer

Edited by BallIsLife1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I believe his wife has battled cancer and a few strokes, so her health is not great. There were also rumors of some administrative and personnel items that had to be addressed. One post I read on social media stated "retiring" and another stated "resigning", so not sure if we will see him on the sideline anywhere again or soon. Great guy, great coach, definitely a hall of famer

The question will be is the next coach Director of Basketball Operations... ??? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

The question will be is the next coach Director of Basketball Operations... ??? 

 

That title is probably being retired. Apparently Central Office and the JCM principal are not on the same page with head coaches' classroom responsibilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, GrumpyBulldog said:

That title is probably being retired. Apparently Central Office and the JCM principal are not on the same page with head coaches' classroom responsibilities.

That didn't last long. What about Coach Rudesill? Still director of basketball operations?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tradertwo said:

And are all other JMCSS head coaches at other schools offered the same?

Good question. Not sure what South Side Coaching staffs are being offered but gotta think they are being taken care of because if they are not then that is extremely wrong.  Liberty just hired a girls coach so not sure how that changes Coach Starks deal, Madison brought the Hicks family in to coach boys and girls ( not sure what they are doing during the school day ), The new North side combo of Woods and Northcutt seemed to be the best move as far as on the court goes (not sure what they are doing in the school building either). It would be interesting to see the daily schedule of all the head high school coaches in the JMCSD. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements



×
  • Create New...