TSSAA Rules/Laws

tigerfan0020

8 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Coach signed off on it. 100% his fault.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. Guess it would be OK if two coaching buddies playing each other just signed that both of their star pitchers threw 10 pitches  a piece even if they threw 110?? 

12 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

No. I know of several middle and high schools that share the same campus. However, if the middle school has a separate administrator in charge then those 8th graders are off limits to the high school until their 8th grade ends. I have multiple examples of this with TSSAA. I can also tell you schools that have been fined and punished for violating this.

Contrary to popular belief, the TSSAA does not employ a bunch of undercover detectives looking for problems. They rely on folks giving them evidence. Then they look into it. 

Like i said, if you have evidence call Gene.

You contradicted your statement, but I knew what you meant. I think you intended to say same administration.

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Two wrongs don’t make a right. Guess it would be OK if two coaching buddies playing each other just signed that both of their star pitchers threw 10 pitches  a piece even if they threw 110?? 

All coaches have to attend a rules meeting each year and it is CLEARLY stated that the pitch count sheet is the "binding contract" on the matter. Do you sign a contract without reading it?

And if two coaches are dirty and cheat that is on them. That is more of an indictment on society. Some people, and coaches, will do anything they can to come out on top. And we all know who they are. If it is not on a pitch count it will be something else. Practicing illegally, playing an ineligible player, violating dead period, etc.

Cheaters are going to cheat.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

All coaches have to attend a rules meeting each year and it is CLEARLY stated that the pitch count sheet is the "binding contract" on the matter. Do you sign a contract without reading it?

And if two coaches are dirty and cheat that is on them. That is more of an indictment on society. Some people, and coaches, will do anything they can to come out on top. And we all know who they are. If it is not on a pitch count it will be something else. Practicing illegally, playing an ineligible player, violating dead period, etc.

Cheaters are going to cheat.

You do know a contract can be Null and Void if there is evidence of it being incorrect right?  I'm assuming you haven't read any of the articles where they interviewed Bearden's coach and AD who stated "After reviewing game footage, Prichard (The Coach) said he counted Smith throwing 110 pitches against Bearden and he realized he unintentionally signed off on an incorrect pitch count. Bearden's stats are kept by a parent outside of the dugout, and Prichard said he did not communicate with that person prior to signing the official form" .  "TSSAA was unwilling to watch the entire GameChanger film, and what I was told was is because it can be inaccurate...I've also been told it can be manipulated, but in all honesty, the only way you can manipulate that film is if you take pitches away, not add them," said Bearden athletic director Donald Balcom. "We don't have anything against anybody involved in this — Powell beat us fair and square. It didn't change the outcome, but what happened after the game was an ethical issue within the rules of the sport." 

Prichard said he was not keeping track of pitches during the seventh inning, and because he was upset by the season-ending loss, he did not take the time to check the count.

"I knew that 105 was a feasible number when they brought it over, and our season was over, and I just signed it and carried on and dealt with my players," Prichard said. "We were bummed out, so I didn't look at anything that evening, and then the next day when I was finalizing some stuff, I noticed that we had it down for 110."

So i feel your stance is that Bearden's Coach was in the wrong for signing off on the sheet even though he went to the TSSAA when he found out after watching the film he was incorrect and that Powell's Coach is a Cheater for taking away pitches and not responding to any news article when asked for comment or self reporting the pitch count making Powell lose in the substate by pitching an ineligible pitcher. 

Where is your stance with the TSSAA then if they were provided video proof and their response is "We aren't going to look at it because it can be manipulated" (You can't add pitches to a film)?  Is the TSSAA not responsible for enforcing their pitch count rules?  Are they not suppose to look at the evidence that would make that "Binding Contract" null & void?

I'm very surprised that Powell didn't throw him again yesterday since he was eligible but it could be that he threw 210 pitches in a 5 day span to get them there.

Edited by Swipes

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Is the transfer rule still mainly bonifide change of address if you have a past athletic history with a TSSAA school?

Yep don’t know exactly when it starts for 8th graders going to be Freshman in the summer. Also don’t know if there are any exceptions if a mom or dad goes to work at another school in whether you have to move to House B or not. For most if you play in a game and switch schools you have to move to that zoned school or set out a year. Don’t know the exact rule either if you switch to a private school. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, UTVol3 said:

Who do you contact if you feel this rule has been violated? Also if a player moves to another school do they have a period of time to move or do they have to move before they can play if they played last season at another school. 

Good question. My guess is you have to move to House B before you can play with the other school to be eligible. I wouldn’t think you would get a grace period and play with another school before you moved. 

4 minutes ago, UTVol3 said:

That was my understanding too. Does the original school have to contact someone about it if they know a player has not moved but is playing with another school. 

Probably anyone could report it. Is a private school one of the schools or is it public to public??

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Good question. My guess is you have to move to House B before you can play with the other school to be eligible. I wouldn’t think you would get a grace period and play with another school before you moved. 

There are instances of families moving to house B, the kid playing at new school, and TSSAA penalizing new school because family still owned (received mail at) house A. Take nothing for granted when risking a year of eligibility or forfeiting games due to an ineligible player. On the other hand, if you know the player is breaking the transfer rule don't expect TSSAA to investigate just because you alert them... you'll need to provide them with irrefutable proof to guarantee a result.

22 hours ago, tradertwo said:

There are instances of families moving to house B, the kid playing at new school, and TSSAA penalizing new school because family still owned (received mail at) house A. Take nothing for granted when risking a year of eligibility or forfeiting games due to an ineligible player. On the other hand, if you know the player is breaking the transfer rule don't expect TSSAA to investigate just because you alert them... you'll need to provide them with irrefutable proof to guarantee a result.

All mail should go to House B. You never know what is happening out there. Especially kids with split families. I know what your saying as far as reporting someone. Great to see Evan back playing. Had a big hit against Tech. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

All mail should go to House B. You never know what is happening out there. Especially kids with split families. I know what your saying as far as reporting someone. Great to see Evan back playing. Had a big hit against Tech. 

Our community is very proud of Evan, not just for the player that he's become but for his character as well...someone picked the wrong young man to question his ethics and integrity, they don't come any better.

On 6/6/2022 at 10:52 PM, tradertwo said:

How about a player staying with a family during the week due to the school being too far to travel to each day?