Pre season 2A favorites

horse

44 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Loudon may be way down this year.My Nephew plays for them and said they are very young.Glad you all beat up on them anyway.lol

We did not dominate or anything but we will be better than what most are thinking. Our offense most notably looked already as strong or stronger than last year. We had 4 backs run the ball really well. As I mentioned in a previous post we didn't have a real back running it last year.

Loudon looked as good as they did last year mostly except for the qb. The coaches son will be missed not that their new qb was bad, the last year's qb for Loudon was just a talent that's hard to replace. 

Meigs looked good running it against Loudon and Loudon looked good passing it against us. Thats about the jist of it really. Semey Turner still there btw. He's gonna be a handful for anyone this year

Edited by Yeti

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

We did not dominate or anything but we will be better than what most are thinking. Our offense most notably looked already as strong or stronger than last year. We had 4 backs run the ball really well. As I mentioned in a previous post we didn't have a real back running it last year.

Loudon looked as good as they did last year mostly except for the qb. The coaches son will be missed not that their new qb was bad, the last year's qb for Loudon was just a talent that's hard to replace. 

Meigs looked good running it against Loudon and Loudon looked good passing it against us. Thats about the jist of it really. Semey Turner still there btw. He's gonna be a handful for anyone this year

He is a difference maker!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yeti said:

We cancelled scrimmage.Too many starters will be out.Got to get healthy for season.Had 2 go down yesterday. They figured they'd cancel early enough that you too could find somebody else to scrimmage or scrimmage amongst yourself.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We cancelled scrimmage.Too many starters will be out.Got to get healthy for season.Had 2 go down yesterday. They figured they'd cancel early enough that you too could find somebody else to scrimmage or scrimmage amongst yourself.

Bad way to start the year O&B, hope all are healthy and ready to go by the start of the season. 

48 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Hate to hear that, And I hope it's nothing serious. We scrimmaged Hixson yesterday and struggled pretty bad. We are gonna need to heal up some as well most likely. After Loudon I was optimistic and after Hixson I'm not so sure. We have skilled players but may be a year away from making a deep playoff run considering our youth. Not disregarding this year but next year we should retain 20 starters :blink:

On a side note though all of the Sweetwater staff apparently showed up to help cheer us on. It was pretty nice of them :mrgreen:

Edited by Yeti

11 hours ago, Yeti said:

Hate to hear that, And I hope it's nothing serious. We scrimmaged Hixson yesterday and struggled pretty bad. We are gonna need to heal up some as well most likely. After Loudon I was optimistic and after Hixson I'm not so sure. We have skilled players but may be a year away from making a deep playoff run considering our youth. Not disregarding this year but next year we should retain 20 starters :blink:

On a side note though all of the Sweetwater staff apparently showed up to help cheer us on. It was pretty nice of them :mrgreen:

Didn’t get to see it myself. Maybe our boys simply overlooked Hixson? Maybe Hixson is better this year? A good matchup coming up Friday. Will be interested to see how our defense handles the stud from rockwood. I hope to make it. 

17 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

Didn’t get to see it myself. Maybe our boys simply overlooked Hixson? Maybe Hixson is better this year? A good matchup coming up Friday. Will be interested to see how our defense handles the stud from rockwood. I hope to make it. 

Hixsons defense is probably on par with what Tyner and Marion will have this year. I'm not selling us short by any means. After playing Loudon I just thought we were progressed futher than what I had initially thought we might be. We are just missing the reps to be able to produce alot of positive plays against a defense of that caliber this early on. One thing that didn't help us was all of the Sweetwater coaching staff showing up to check us out I guess. Few of us talked about it afterwards and we didn't run the same Plays we ran against Loudon anyways.

Edited by Yeti

26 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yes it is.Kids now days seem to look for a reason to not work hard or play thru a little pain.I miss the good old farm boys!!!

This used to be the greatest thing in the world for kids, now lots of them look at it as a Job. They just don't have to do anything hard anymore, when something hard comes along, they tuck their tails a run. This is not the rough and tumbling world we grew up in. From what I hear, a lot of them don't know if they are girls or boys,lol