Eagleton

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Before all the small community schools were put into two big schools Blount County was a powerhouse in small school football and I do believe some people that run the place are figuring that out after 45 years of getting their heads beat in at WB and Heritage. That's why I hate it when these schools all go together because the end product is nothing but a nightmare. The best brand of football are the small community schools and I believe Blount County would like to go back to that and we'll see another one pop up on the south side of the county possibly if the Eagleton venture goes well.

i agree with you.  Walland made some good runs including a gold ball and 3 semi-final appearances when making the playoffs was very hard in the old A-AA-AAA system.  A similar thing happened with Jacksboro and Lake City in Anderson County. 

Edited by rlh

On 10/10/2022 at 7:48 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Pujo there may be another one on the south side of the county to take a load off of William Blount in the near future. A lot of people may disagree with me but the city already is at the doorstep of both William Blount and Heritage and I can see those school eventually falling into the cities hands. That would allow the county to go build back community schools like in the past. There isn't a sole in Blount County that will tell you they regret the county put all those schools together back in 77 and 79.

I think WB is safe to stay in the County. It will be like Everett was or how Bradley Central is now. I couldn't ever see MCS doing like the new Shelby County districts did and take over a school. Maryville is getting ready to add on to Dear Ole Maryville High. You are going to start up those Maryville Speaks Out Fairview Elementary rumors again.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Before all the small community schools were put into two big schools Blount County was a powerhouse in small school football and I do believe some people that run the place are figuring that out after 45 years of getting their heads beat in at WB and Heritage. That's why I hate it when these schools all go together because the end product is nothing but a nightmare. The best brand of football are the small community schools and I believe Blount County would like to go back to that and we'll see another one pop up on the south side of the county possibly if the Eagleton venture goes well.

What is really ironic, in the drone video I can see the house of the lady on the school board who was the leading proponent for consolidation, 45 years ago. What's even more ironic, years later her grandsons went to Maryville. She is the one who chose the colors for Heritage and William Blount. My M.I.L. worked at Giff's Sporting Goods (Local Maryville Athletic Supplier) when she came in and looked through the uniform books and told them what the colors for the new schools would be. My M.I.L. told her to stay away from the pastel colors, because they are so hard to match. She was right. The only team at W.B. to ever wear the original correct colors was the boys and girls basketball teams. Every sport at WB had a different shade of orange and blue. I can also see my in-laws house in the drone video. 

On 10/17/2022 at 8:12 PM, BroadwayBarberShop said:

36-10 Royals. 

6-1*

The one loss was to a varsity team. 
Y’all better buckle up. 

A 10 game varsity schedule with other teams who will game plan, watch film and bring their best players will prove to be a tiny bit different than a Jv schedule. Eagleton has a really good chance to be a very dominate team for a long time, but year 1 next year will be a bit tough!