2022 Single A Volleyball

Rockstar89

16 minutes ago, tnfan09 said:

The only single A team in west TN that might someday give these middle TN teams to break a sweat is martin Westview. There female sports is coming on quickly. I do believe they won the basketball state last year and probably will be favorite this year. Also look out for there softball team too.  I'm not sure how you guys do it but our girls have to play multiple sports just to have teams. Most play 2 sports and some even play 3. 

Bout all 1A teams play multiple sports - Summertown has 5 starters on volleyball team that play basketball and the other just won the state tennis championship and another different basketball starter won the golf state championship it can be done so don’t go there 

Lol buddy trust me I'm not going anywhere.  Being a keyboard warrior on message board tho now that's funny.  Alpha males on a message board. Lol

I'm not trying to start a who's kid better than who. Some parents just like to cheer on there kids not live through them. I get it yall superior I'm not arguing with you on that. Let me ask you this how many got college offers this week?  

If you read what I said it states some girls have to play multiple sports just to have a team.  Didn't say they would be competitive and play for a state championship.  Trust me I come peace I'm not a alpha keyboard warrior. 

24 minutes ago, tnfan09 said:

Lol buddy trust me I'm not going anywhere.  Being a keyboard warrior on message board tho now that's funny.  Alpha males on a message board. Lol

I'm not trying to start a who's kid better than who. Some parents just like to cheer on there kids not live through them. I get it yall superior I'm not arguing with you on that. Let me ask you this how many got college offers this week?  

If you read what I said it states some girls have to play multiple sports just to have a team.  Didn't say they would be competitive and play for a state championship.  Trust me I come peace I'm not a alpha keyboard warrior. 

Peace? Doesn't sound like it.

Rockstar started several threads re: Volleyball to get and keep things going on Coach T, and is knowledgeable about many HS volleyball  teams, not just his own home team. Then again, you may not know that, since you've posted 4 whole times in this forum.

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

Peace? Doesn't sound like it.

Rockstar started several threads re: Volleyball to get and keep things going on Coach T, and is knowledgeable about many HS volleyball  teams, not just his own home team. Then again, you may not know that, since you've posted 4 whole times in this forum.

I just hate there isn’t ‘talk’ about teams out there so try to keep it interesting and spread the news and keep it going/try to get it going. Regardless of if it’s ‘my’ team. I am thinking of starting a podcast about TN volleyball but want to wait until my kids are done. ( I have one playing in college, and 1 in HS.) I just love the sport and hate that the game (and it’s local players) don’t get the recognition they deserve!

18 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

I just hate there isn’t ‘talk’ about teams out there so try to keep it interesting and spread the news and keep it going/try to get it going. Regardless of if it’s ‘my’ team. I am thinking of starting a podcast about TN volleyball but want to wait until my kids are done. ( I have one playing in college, and 1 in HS.) I just love the sport and hate that the game (and it’s local players) don’t get the recognition they deserve!

Keep it up sir, I have read your topics you do know your volleyball. I wasn't trying to question that.

I do know that summertown is always in the running for something and seems like there competition is always in there district.  You guys are just way ahead and it's an eye opener. 

1 hour ago, tnfan09 said:

Keep it up sir, I have read your topics you do know your volleyball. I wasn't trying to question that.

I do know that summertown is always in the running for something and seems like there competition is always in there district.  You guys are just way ahead and it's an eye opener. 

I think he got the posting wrong but Summertown appreciates the compliment anyway 

1 hour ago, tnfan09 said:

Volleyball is a relatively new sport in Tennessee. There are still schools with brand new programs. What that tells me is that schools are finding money in their budgets to start. It's a great sport. And it's a great opportunity for young people. Building a successful program takes time.

Most schools "way ahead" receive a lot of local support. 

It's Tournament Time. And my team is in the loser's bracket. 

10 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Volleyball is a relatively new sport in Tennessee. There are still schools with brand new programs. What that tells me is that schools are finding money in their budgets to start. It's a great sport. And it's a great opportunity for young people. Building a successful program takes time.

Most schools "way ahead" receive a lot of local support. 

It's Tournament Time. And my team is in the loser's bracket. 

As we know from past seasons being in the losers bracket isn’t the end of the season… It’s a gauntlet but every year it seems like someone fights through it. Good luck!

our school has to raise the money for volleyball… It is a chore. This is the ninth year I’ve been involved with our school and raising the funds to do so. It’s a lot of hard work. Similar as posted above almost every single one of our girls plays multiple sports as well…when you have a high school that only has 500 or less kids in it that’s just what happens.

28 minutes ago, Rockstar89 said:

As we know from past seasons being in the losers bracket isn’t the end of the season… It’s a gauntlet but every year it seems like someone fights through it. Good luck!

our school has to raise the money for volleyball… It is a chore. This is the ninth year I’ve been involved with our school and raising the funds to do so. It’s a lot of hard work. Similar as posted above almost every single one of our girls plays multiple sports as well…when you have a high school that only has 500 or less kids in it that’s just what happens.

Thanks for the good wishes. I know the girls will do their best.

The South Greene community includes former athletes from all sports, who now have children following in their footsteps. Much success is attributable to a solid parent base. As one who is retired, I attend as many games as I can, including a few away games. Without fail, I see the same parents in attendance. I admire them as much as the players. It costs personal time and $$$. All of the above are the ingredients for a program's success.

Multiple sports is par for the course at SG, also. As an old codger, who served in Vietnam, I can say that the kids, parents and coaches are an inspiration.

On 10/17/2022 at 10:28 AM, Rockstar89 said:

So now that the state pairings are in and games are tomorrow...who do ya got? Just for giggles...

I've got a final four of Summertown, Sale Creek, South Greene & Loretto with Sale Creek & Summertown in the finals, Loretto finishing third. Summertown takes it all. I actually think Sale Creek could clip Summertown in the final four, but I don't think they let someone beat them twice and could get another chance in the finals. We'll see....good luck to everyone!

Looks like ur prediction was spot on so far but 

20 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

I am thinking of starting a podcast about TN volleyball but want to wait until my kids are done. ( I have one playing in college, and 1 in HS.) I just love the sport and hate that the game (and it’s local players) don’t get the recognition they deserve!

Keep us posted if you do get the podcast up and running.  I can probably get you the best college volleyball player in the country for the past couple years and THE BEST TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL player ever (who happens to be a Bruin Alumni) to be a guest if you have that format.