Enrollment #'s

With Enrollment numbers due fairly soon who are some teams that could move up and down? 

In West Tennessee I could really see Covington moving up next cycle, Ripley could potentially get back up to 4a as well. Chester Co and Obion are both on the edge of 4a so with a few less kids (I don't know how their numbers look) but they could easily move down to 3a. I don't see Milan staying in 4a, especially if Covington moves up to 4a. 

Just curious if anyone had any incite on the schools they support moving or staying the same. 

50 minutes ago, HarrisW said:

With Enrollment numbers due fairly soon who are some teams that could move up and down? 

In West Tennessee I could really see Covington moving up next cycle, Ripley could potentially get back up to 4a as well. Chester Co and Obion are both on the edge of 4a so with a few less kids (I don't know how their numbers look) but they could easily move down to 3a. I don't see Milan staying in 4a, especially if Covington moves up to 4a. 

Just curious if anyone had any incite on the schools they support moving or staying the same. 

Milan was one of the smallest 3A schools and elected to play up. I don’t think they would elect to play up again. They will play where the enrollment puts them. And I have heard that it may actually put us in 2A as one of the biggest schools. I have also heard Peabody is gonna be well into the 400’s so expect them to move to 2A as well. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Milan was one of the smallest 3A schools and elected to play up. I don’t think they would elect to play up again. They will play where the enrollment puts them. And I have heard that it may actually put us in 2A as one of the biggest schools. I have also heard Peabody is gonna be well into the 400’s so expect them to move to 2A as well. 

Since 2013 I think Alcoa has won 3A every year but one, you are much better off in 2A.

2 hours ago, bglass said:

Covington isn’t growing much at the moment. Blue oval could change that.

I mentioned them because they were under 20 kids from being 4a last cycle so a few kids there and a few less at another school and they are. Could not happen for sure, but it wouldn’t be a total shock either. 

On 7/29/2022 at 5:21 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’d be real surprised if Milan goes to 2a unless medina is draining you guys. Every classification I’ve seen the last several years you guys were pretty deep in 3a 

On 7/29/2022 at 5:21 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So, were you just kidding when you said that Milan was not running from Alcoa? I remember things like " schools closer, less travel time, better gates "