Sumner County Director of Schools

sumcofootball

2 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

Also, his mother is employed at the middle school not the high school. TSSAA rule states the parent also has to be a "full time certified teacher" and she is an office worker not a certified teacher. 

If that’s the case, only TSSAA granting him eligibility would allow him to play. 

I’m in no way saying he is eligible. Not am I saying there aren’t parents trying to circumvent the system. What I am saying is that I’m certain Beech, SC, and Coach Alexander at LC will not falsify documents. I can’t say the same for parents….

Just now, eers said:

If that’s the case, only TSSAA granting him eligibility would allow him to play. 

I’m in no way saying he is eligible. Not am I saying there aren’t parents trying to circumvent the system. What I am saying is that I’m certain Beech, SC, and Coach Alexander at LC will not falsify documents. I can’t say the same for parents….

It comes down to what is put down on there athletic records now. Parents went out of zone believing they would be eligible because it's a new school. To my knowledge parents can't put down what the last date of participation was only the previous school can. I don't think it's up to coaches, I believe it's up to athletic directors and principals on what they want to do. I have no idea if they cooperated with Del Phillips request or not, but for him to even request that they do this is crossing a line. And if your boss is telling you do to something do you really have a choice?

45 minutes ago, sumcofootball said:

It comes down to what is put down on there athletic records now. Parents went out of zone believing they would be eligible because it's a new school. To my knowledge parents can't put down what the last date of participation was only the previous school can. I don't think it's up to coaches, I believe it's up to athletic directors and principals on what they want to do. I have no idea if they cooperated with Del Phillips request or not, but for him to even request that they do this is crossing a line. And if your boss is telling you do to something do you really have a choice?

You always have a choice…

As far as parents, I meant falsifying other documents, I.e. residency, etc. 

5 hours ago, sumcofootball said:

I misspoke in my initial thread. He requested that the last date of participation be put down as August 1st, 2021 making yesterday the official day they could be eligible. Wait until August 19th, they will have multiple starters on the field that are out of zone players that should be ineligible. Liberty Creek's starting QB was the starter for Beech all of last year, including their playoff run. He is an out of zone player that should be ineligible until one year from Beech's last game. The same with two other players from Beech and even a few players from JP2, which Del Phillips has no control over what happens on the JP2 side. I have never seen an athletic director or administration willingly put down that their starting QB is eligible to play after they transfer from their school to a different school in the same county.

Guys this isn't a huge ordeal as it would only be hurting those kids, Liberty Creek is ineligible to make the playoffs this season so what difference does it really make? Let the kids play 

1 minute ago, Cam615 said:

Guys this isn't a huge ordeal as it would only be hurting those kids, Liberty Creek is ineligible to make the playoffs this season so what difference does it really make? Let the kids play 

The difference is you have a director of a school district telling administrators to falsify athletic records. If you lived in this county you would understand the shadiness that went on in creating that school and Sumner County leaving other schools in the dust in terms of securing funding. You had a school district completely shut down out of zone applications for an entire county for two years just so you can boost enrollment numbers. Then you schedule a complete ten game schedule, even paying a team to come all the way from New Jersey. You schedule Oakland, Nolensville, and Portland among others for some unknown reason and scrimmage one of the best teams in 5A in Green Hills and end up with two kids with broken bones already. Do it the correct way. Green Hills only had a schedule their first year because they secured it from a school who got rid of their football program. They had plenty of ineligible players and they understood that. Ravenwood only started with a Freshman class and worked its way up. This county has done so many kids and other school systems wrong through this and then are going to blame previous school administrations for these kids not being eligible. Maybe the county should have told those kids straight up before they transferred there the truth instead of lying to them, and maybe they should have not forced every single underclassmen into going to this school when they were zoned for it. 

6 hours ago, sumcofootball said:

I misspoke in my initial thread. He requested that the last date of participation be put down as August 1st, 2021 making yesterday the official day they could be eligible. Wait until August 19th, they will have multiple starters on the field that are out of zone players that should be ineligible. Liberty Creek's starting QB was the starter for Beech all of last year, including their playoff run. He is an out of zone player that should be ineligible until one year from Beech's last game. The same with two other players from Beech and even a few players from JP2, which Del Phillips has no control over what happens on the JP2 side. I have never seen an athletic director or administration willingly put down that their starting QB is eligible to play after they transfer from their school to a different school in the same county.

Welcome to CoachT

btw.  Before I say anything are you a beech fan? I don’t know what LC did but ever since pictures of the school started Popping up everyone from sumner has went crazy lol.

• Upvote 1

First thing not a Beech fan, not a Gallatin fan, not a SC fan. 

Dont know if coaches or admin were asked to falsify.  Here is what I have heard.  Number of out of zone transfers for all sports is double digits coming from at least 4 schools.  I have heard out of zone middle school athletes have been contacted.  Since no out of zone transfers have been allowed in the county in the past 2 years why are are these being allowed.  No problem if you move into the LC zone .  

Edited by mondo44

2 hours ago, Cam615 said:

Only not eligible in football.  Other sports are eligible and have a majority of the issues.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

First thing not a Beech fan, not a Gallatin fan, not a SC fan. 

Dont know if coaches or admin were asked to falsify.  Here is what I have heard.  Number of out of zone transfers for all sports is double digits coming from at least 4 schools.  I have heard out of zone middle school athletes have been contacted.  I have heard of some other activities regarding contacting  of players at other schools is taking place.  Since no out of zone transfers have been allowed in the county in the past 2 years why are are these being allowed.  No problem if you move into the LC zone .  Also funny LC has college level facilities given to them while Gallatin, Beech, and Hville had to raise money for a lot of their facilities.  

We're all hearing the same things you're hearing, and I've heard enough to know a good bit is true stuff, which would lead one to believe that all of it is.  A kid moves into the LC zone, case closed, life goes on.  But if not, and these athletes are allowed to play immediately, that's a major problem, one that will continue and get worse if it's not stopped.  

The LC buildings and facilities don't lie, they are way way way over the top, they've been handed a bunch of stuff that the rest of the high schools in the county have had to scrap, scrape, fundraiser and beg sponsors in the communities to get.  A new school is obviously going to be nice and glittery, but what they put together out there, along with the dollars they shelled out to the athletic programs, is a complete slap in the face to rest of the county.  Now maybe the school board has major plans to be fair and help even the score, but please come out and make that known.  We're all waiting.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

We're all hearing the same things you're hearing, and I've heard enough to know a good bit is true stuff, which would lead one to believe that all of it is.  A kid moves into the LC zone, case closed, life goes on.  But if not, and these athletes are allowed to play immediately, that's a major problem, one that will continue and get worse if it's not stopped.  

The LC buildings and facilities don't lie, they are way way way over the top, they've been handed a bunch of stuff that the rest of the high schools in the county have had to scrap, scrape, fundraiser and beg sponsors in the communities to get.  A new school is obviously going to be nice and glittery, but what they put together out there, along with the dollars they shelled out to the athletic programs, is a complete slap in the face to rest of the county.  Now maybe the school board has major plans to be fair and help even the score, but please come out and make that known.  We're all waiting.

Make it fair and even….your dreaming!  We both know how this works first hand!!