reclassification Video

WestTNHoopsFan

7 minutes ago, Redrage4life said:

McNairy as of last week was around 700 kids.  It's just according to where the cutoff numbers will be.  I look for AA to add several teams in West Tennessee if the numbers are any where close to 2020 classification numbers.

Wow. That’s a big enrollment drop in two years. Probably be October before we get official enrollment numbers released by TSSAA. Going to be very interesting in Middle and West TN

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

If you are a Single A fan, yes much easier because their is less teams to go through. AA’s new proposal would have been what 358-716?? What is it now 395-699?? Adding 30 more teams to go through to win a Gold Ball would have been more brutal. 

But it would have been more fair because you are playing teams closer to your enrollment. Again, if you are going to have classes that proposal was the best I have seen.

28 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

But it would have been more fair because you are playing teams closer to your enrollment. Again, if you are going to have classes that proposal was the best I have seen.

Yeah 25-30 more teams isn’t easier and 358-716 vs 395-700 isn’t either. You must work for TSSAA. 

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah 25-30 more teams isn’t easier and 358-716 vs 395-700 isn’t either. You must work for TSSAA. 

Nah. Actually don't work for anybody... LOL Don't have kids playing. Don't have a favorite team. Moved here from out west. I'm just a West Tennessee Hoops Fan. The only way to do classification fairly is by enrollment and when you do it fairly by enrollment it just naturally happens that classes will not have the same number of schools. I don't see that as unfair. I have zero interest in be affiliated with the T$$AA. LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Nah. Actually don't work for anybody... LOL Don't have kids playing. Don't have a favorite team. Moved here from out west. I'm just a West Tennessee Hoops Fan. The only way to do classification fairly is by enrollment and when you do it fairly by enrollment it just naturally happens that classes will not have the same number of schools. I don't see that as unfair. I have zero interest in be affiliated with the T$$AA. LOL

Fair enough. We will see how it unfolds. 

5 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

What would you do if you were in charge for a day? 

Go back to 3 classes. I wouldn’t have moved it to 4 classes to begin with. I would have kept it like it was. There were small Districts in 3 classes. I didn’t like the proposal for sure because it makes AA and AAA extremely harder than A and AAAA. A lot of posters on here knew the problems it would cause. I have never liked the everybody gets a trophy and TSSAA gets a lot of ticket sales from a bunch of championships plan. 

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Go back to 3 classes. I wouldn’t have moved it to 4 classes to begin with. I would have kept it like it was. There were small Districts in 3 classes. I didn’t like the proposal for sure because it makes AA and AAA extremely harder than A and AAAA. A lot of posters on here knew the problems it would cause. I have never liked the everybody gets a trophy and TSSAA gets a lot of ticket sales from a bunch of championships plan. 

Makes sense. What about going just 2 classes - Large and Small - for all the sports and putting the schools in the same districts and regions for all sports?

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I understand why you don't like the the 4 classes.  Gibson County has to run the gauntlet now to make it to state.  When you have to go through Westview, Union City, Huntingdon in the district and then Loretto or Summertown in the Substate.  That is an extremely tough route.  When Adamsville, Scotts Hill, and Riverside had to play in a district with schools that had anywhere between 500-700 more students for 4 years that was brutal.  At least you are getting to play against schools that basically have the same number of students.  Tougher for sure.  I don't think the 4 classes are going away for the near future.