Sequatchie County @ South Pittsburg

rlh

Well didn’t expect that. SC seems they have several pieces but couldn’t get anything together. Maybe SP maybe their own mistakes, idk. One thing I do know is the pirates will hang around deep into playoffs per usual. New kicker +1. New QB +2(only get better IMO). Athletes for days, how well will those and QB hold up throughout the season with such a thin but talented roster. 

Lots to work on for Seq. Have to make some plays if you want to stay in the game against a good team, like dropped interception that would have scored early, ball on the ground on 2nd half kickoff and no one on kicking team could get it. Losing 20 yards unforced on first play took a bit to get over. I thought they ran the ball okay for the number of carries, after getting down had to go to mostly pass. Too many drops. One big one May have gotten them closer at least for a while. Defense not bad for a while, 7-6 until late in first half. Not much time to get better for Jasper one of the top teams on the schedule.

I found out the older you get in life it's always a good thing to wait a few hours before you comment on anything or make a decision. So, here goes my observation of the SP team, as of the first game. Young, inexperienced, have a few that need to have more discipline, looks like our athletes will have to carry the team, O line looks about what I thought it would, but did get better as the game went on, we have about three that are good and two who might throw a block every now and then. The D as a whole looks good, just need to cut down on stupid, bonehead plays that you know are going to be a penalty. Coaching gets a C for this game. Offensive play calling was ??? at best. Kelly needs more carries for sure. Everyone seemed to run really hard though. QB gets an A for his play and our new kicker gets an A , was really surprised with him. Overall, lots to work on.  This was first game so I'm taking it easy on them. Someone has to step up and lead this team though. Who as a player is going to do it. ??? Still don't like the idea of our QB going to the sideline every play to get the call. To much wasted energy and in a crucial game where he's going to need stamina it's going to bite us, just wait. Just because other coaches did it we don't have to keep that tradition.  But, as a whole team I give them a C+. 

9 minutes ago, sportman said:

I found out the older you get in life it's always a good thing to wait a few hours before you comment on anything or make a decision. So, here goes my observation of the SP team, as of the first game. Young, inexperienced, have a few that need to have more discipline, looks like our athletes will have to carry the team, O line looks about what I thought it would, but did get better as the game went on, we have about three that are good and two who might throw a block every now and then. The D as a whole looks good, just need to cut down on stupid, bonehead plays that you know are going to be a penalty. Coaching gets a C for this game. Offensive play calling was ??? at best. Kelly needs more carries for sure. Everyone seemed to run really hard though. QB gets an A for his play and our new kicker gets an A , was really surprised with him. Overall, lots to work on.  This was first game so I'm taking it easy on them. Someone has to step up and lead this team though. Who as a player is going to do it. ??? Still don't like the idea of our QB going to the sideline every play to get the call. To much wasted energy and in a crucial game where he's going to need stamina it's going to bite us, just wait. Just because other coaches did it we don't have to keep that tradition.  But, as a whole team I give them a C+. 

You are foul-smelling gas. We win practically by the same score as last year. C+? I’d hate to know what a bad team would have. Critical like saban though, have to respect it. 

Edited by LethalAttack

31 minutes ago, LethalAttack said:

You are foul-smelling gas. We win practically by the same score as last year. C+? I’d hate to know what a bad team would have. Critical like saban though, have to respect it. 

LOL. Yeah, you got to remember, I'm old school and have been on coacht for almost 20 years now, and I've seen times where I was giving us all praise and then sure enough the player's would hear that from everyone and get it in there heads there so good, so, yes a C+ might be hard at this point for some, but in this new society I guess we should have giving them a B so not to upset anyone.  Like I said, did see lots of good thing's last night, but sure saw lot's of bad thing's we need to work on if we're going to make a run this year. At the end of the day always great to be a Pirate. 

2 hours ago, Indian said:

Lots to work on for Seq. Have to make some plays if you want to stay in the game against a good team, like dropped interception that would have scored early, ball on the ground on 2nd half kickoff and no one on kicking team could get it. Losing 20 yards unforced on first play took a bit to get over. I thought they ran the ball okay for the number of carries, after getting down had to go to mostly pass. Too many drops. One big one May have gotten them closer at least for a while. Defense not bad for a while, 7-6 until late in first half. Not much time to get better for Jasper one of the top teams on the schedule.

I’m not sure I’ve EVER seen a Seq team this SOFT. The offensive line has got to be one of the biggest I’ve seen to wear purple and gold, but honestly I don’t believe any of them could mash a butter bean. Linebackers and secondary on D appeared to be scared to death. Piss poor effort by the purple team. 

4 minutes ago, sportman said:

LOL. Yeah, you got to remember, I'm old school and have been on coacht for almost 20 years now, and I've seen times where I was giving us all praise and then sure enough the player's would hear that from everyone and get it in there heads there so good, so, yes a C+ might be hard at this point for some, but in this new society I guess we should have giving them a B so not to upset anyone.  Like I said, did see lots of good thing's last night, but sure saw lot's of bad thing's we need to work on if we're going to make a run this year. At the end of the day always great to be a Pirate. 

Fair point early season game lots of things will get us beat in playoffs etc. I expect to lose a couple of games in regular season. We could be 2-2 heading into the 5th game believe it or not.