Biggest suprises and biggest flops

PeabodyPride

12 hours ago, TheCommander said:

If I was calling an upset I would say Lookout over Gordy… but that would be a major upset!!

If Whitwell’s quarterback was healthy I would say they have a good chance of making the quarters. 

I agree.  It was unfortunate Whitwell's qb broke his leg.

after the end of the season I will make my opinons on this topic:

* Only doing West TN teams..

1A - surprise - Dresden ( HUGE WIn over Westview)

- Flop - West Carroll

2A - Surprise - Huntingdon ( Lots of people , myself included had Huntingdon at 5-6 wins this season)

Flop        - Adamsville ( I thought they would win 7/8 this season. )

2A Flops- 

1. Forrest - majority of key players returned from a quarterfinal team and did not qualify for playoffs. Only 1 region win. Went from 1st to 5th in 6 team region. Worst record since 2004. Most points allowed in school history. 

2. Marion County - big lineman and fast backs and did not make the playoffs. 2 region wins. 

3. Watertown - missed the playoffs in spite of a 2-3 region record. Went from first to 5th in region. 

4. Trousdale- only 2 wins on the season but clinched a playoff spot to avoid the #1 spot on the list.

2A Surprise - 

1. Mt. Pleasant -  8-1 record and Region Champs. Went from worst to first in Region 5. Had only won 4 games in the previous 2 seasons. 

2. Richland - 8-2 record. Went from 5th to 2nd in region. Doubled 2021's win total. 

3. East Robertson - went from a 5-6 team to 9-1 region champs with a brand new coach. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

2A Flops- 

1. Forrest - majority of key players returned from a quarterfinal team and did not qualify for playoffs. Only 1 region win. Went from 1st to 5th in 6 team region. Worst record since 2004. Most points allowed in school history. 

2. Marion County - big lineman and fast backs and did not make the playoffs. 2 region wins. 

3. Watertown - missed the playoffs in spite of a 2-3 region record. Went from first to 5th in region. 

4. Trousdale- only 2 wins on the season but clinched a playoff spot to avoid the #1 spot on the list.

2A Surprise - 

1. Mt. Pleasant -  8-1 record and Region Champs. Went from worst to first in Region 5. Had only won 4 games in the previous 2 seasons. 

2. Richland - 8-2 record. Went from 5th to 2nd in region. Doubled 2021's win total. 

3. East Robertson - went from a 5-6 team to 9-1 region champs with a brand new coach. 

When Marion lost the senior running back in the 2nd game everybody knew it was a coin toss the rest of the season 

50 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

When Marion lost the senior running back in the 2nd game everybody knew it was a coin toss the rest of the season 

We lost a senior running back in the first quarter of game 1. Fastest kid on the team and best DB. It definitely didn't help us but in no way an excuse for our 3-7 finish. Forrest and Marion had two of the worst defenses in 2A this season. Both fanbases have legit gripes about the season. 

• 2 weeks later...