West TN Rural Top 10 Week 1

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I did this last year to spark discussion about our local teams. This is just my opinion and would love feedback from others and maybe others could post their top 10. I will do one of these every week of the season and into the playoffs. This is all of West TN minus Shelby Co. 

1.  Henry Co. 

2. Haywood Co. 

3. Hardin Co. 

4. McKenzie

5. Munford

6. USJ 

7. South Gibson

8. Covington

9. Peabody

10.  Union City

Just outside- Huntingdung, Riverside, Lake Co., Westview, Milan, Dyersburg, Lexington  

Think you have Milan too low.

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I did this last year to spark discussion about our local teams. This is just my opinion and would love feedback from others and maybe others could post their top 10. I will do one of these every week of the season and into the playoffs. This is all of West TN minus Shelby Co. 

1.  Henry Co. 

2. Haywood Co. 

3. Hardin Co. 

4. McKenzie

5. Munford

6. USJ 

7. South Gibson

8. Covington

9. Peabody

10.  Union City

Just outside- Huntingdung, Riverside, Lake Co., Westview, Milan, Dyersburg, Lexington  

Think I'd have Dresden in there as well.

1 minute ago, Bulldog89 said:

I think where Milan stands is fair. After last year and the unknowns and questions to be answered this year a lot will be answered Thursday night.

I guess it's too early for several teams.Think Milan wins without Driggers.And LC has couple starters out that makes a difference.

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  Henry Co. 

2. Haywood Co. 

3. Hardin Co. 

4. McKenzie

5. Munford

6. USJ 

7. South Gibson

8. Covington

9. Peabody

10.  Union City

I hope your right on Munford. They sure looked good Friday but I was disappointed in our play.

10 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I guess it's too early for several teams.Think Milan wins without Driggers.And LC has couple starters out that makes a difference.

Yea it makes a big difference for smaller schools. We lost our D1 linebacker last year before season. We had guys to fill in and do a good job but you can’t replace that experience and being battle tested. Hopefully your guys get back soon.

6 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Keep thinking the Tide is all Driggers. The Tide’s season all depends on the big boys up front. We controlled the ball for over 10 minutes of the 12 minute 2nd quarter against SGC. We gave up 2 big plays defensively, but it is a jamboree and the guys learned a lot Friday night. Our offensive line DOMINATED a 4A quarterfinalist. I am excited where we are at right now. It is not about winning and losing in the preseason. Our seniors have played a lot of games over the previous 3 years and now they know what is in store for the next ?? weeks. It is a marathon not a sprint!

5 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Keep thinking the Tide is all Driggers. The Tide’s season all depends on the big boys up front. We controlled the ball for over 10 minutes of the 12 minute 2nd quarter against SGC. We gave up 2 big plays defensively, but it is a jamboree and the guys learned a lot Friday night. Our offensive line DOMINATED a 4A quarterfinalist. I am excited where we are at right now. It is not about winning and losing in the preseason. Our seniors have played a lot of games over the previous 3 years and now they know what is in store for the next ?? weeks. It is a marathon not a sprint!

Yeah I was told we couldn’t run the ball on the Hornets! Wouldn’t you say London avg at least 6 per carry ?

45 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Yeah I was told we couldn’t run the ball on the Hornets! Wouldn’t you say London avg at least 6 per carry ?

Ground and pound! We are not like the last few years of exciting big plays. We will have some big plays, but this year is going to be about 4 yards and a cloud of dust. Extremely physical football! Not what most fans like to watch, but successful football. London is a load, and he just keeps coming at you! Love watching his style of smash mouth football.

1 minute ago, thunderbolts said:

Ground and pound! We are not like the last few years of exciting big plays. We will have some big plays, but this year is going to be about 4 yards and a cloud of dust. Extremely physical football! Not what most fans like to watch, but successful football. London is a load, and he just keeps coming at you! Love watching his style of smash mouth football.

Call me crazy I believe this version of the Tide could be my favorite, I love the balance we potentially have on offense ! Still great fast recievers a couple of fast scat backs  and London the Ox

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

Call me crazy I believe this version of the Tide could be my favorite, I love the balance we potentially have on offense ! Still great fast recievers a couple of fast scat backs  and London the Ox

I agree 100%. The potential is there, just need to gain experience. The only thing that worries me is the lack of depth. I feel we can frustrate teams with ball control and wear them down. I love "old school" football. It is coming together where teams know we are running and still they can not stop us. Gain 4 yards and line up again and run it again. Run play action and long pass completion. Most of the night the other night SGC had at least 8 in the box and we still gained 5 or 6 yards a carry. I loved it!! 

• Upvote 1