Munford @ Covington 8-18-22

CHARGERFAN

10 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Munford is a good football team this year. I will be shocked if this is a 21pt game.  I think this one comes down to the wire. 

I was very impressed with Munford at the Dburg Jamboree Friday night. They have a good looking squad!

Not gonna lie, I'm concerned about this game. I think Munford is way underrated and they have a STUD at quarterback and Covington has yet to figure out their offense. If Covington thinks they come into this game with an easy W, it's going to be a long night for the Chargers. I have a lot of faith in the Covington defense and I think turnovers will be the key to this ballgame. I'm sure Kirby has a few tricks up his sleeve as well. GO CHARGERS! It should be an awesome atmosphere this Thursday.  

Edited by 00Chargers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

Not gonna lie, I'm concerned about this game. I think Munford is way underrated and they have a STUD at quarterback and Covington has yet to figure out their offense. If Covington thinks they come into this game with an easy W, it's going to be a long night for the Chargers. I have a lot of faith in the Covington defense and I think turnovers will be the key to this ballgame. I'm sure Kirby has a few tricks up his sleeve as well. GO CHARGERS! It should be an awesome atmosphere this Thursday.  

I share your concern for the Charger O, but I do suspect that Coach Kirby has not been willing to show much offensively in the pre-season. I suspect that with the return to real games, we will see some new stuff revealed.

On the other hand, I thought from the two scrimmages I attended that the Covington first-string D was in playoff form. I expect us to be darn hard to score on.

We will see Thursday night. Everybody bring a flashlight in case the new lights still don’t work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrickyD said:

Munford looked good against Milan think Covington might be overlooking them

I doubt that Covington will overlook Munford. Coach Kirby has been there before.

They start the same QB (Bell) as last year. The running back (Sharp) they got as a transfer from Brighton is well thought of, but Munford graduated Auvic White at that spot, who was pretty good too.

Last year at their place it was what 42-8 Chargers, or some similar score. I expect that in Covington this year the Chargers will be fired up to defend their home turf.

On 8/14/2022 at 4:34 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

A quick look shows Sonny-Moore has Covington as a 25 point favorite. The Massey predictor shows the Chargers as a 21 point favorite. 

Yea I will be shocked if this is a 21 point game. Munford is legit. If I was setting spreads I would have Munford favored based off of the scrimmage season and the "jamboree" each played. I look for munford to shock the Chargers this Thursday.