Munford @ Covington 8-18-22

CHARGERFAN

6 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

The Covington D couldn’t catch a break last night. The two fumbles on Kickoff return hurt the Chargers more than anything to me.

Agree. Covingtons offense was on the field less than 7 min of game time until the 4th quarter. That is not a good recipe for your defense in week 1. 

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

You're telling me Munford had the ball for 29 of the first 36 minutes?

Could be more actually. Covington goes 4 and out to start the game. Runs roughly 1.5 minutes of clock. Gets ball back with a fumble recovery. Scores on 3rd or 4th play of drive with long run. Roughly 1 minute of clock.  Munford get ball, 5-6 minute drive results in TD. Onside kick and they recover. Another 6-7 minute drive that ends in TD. Covington 3 and out results in punt. Roughly 2 minutes of clock passes. Munford gets the ball on their own 2, drives it down inside the 10 and half ends without them scoring. That’s your first half and Covington had the ball maybe 5 minutes of total possession time. And I’m being generous with the time amounts. 

munford gets ball to start 2nd half and scored on long drive. Covington fumbled the kick so munford gets it again and scores again in a 3-4 minute drive. Covington got the ball back with maybe 4 minutes left in the 3rd down 28-7 and finally got more than 1 first down so maybe they had possession of the ball for 10 of first 36 total minutes played.  It was not a lot at all. 

Edited by JoeBlow777
  • Like 1

Watched this game with great interest, since my beloved Trojans will face these two teams. 

First, Munford has a very good team.  Watching Covington, their defense is solid, and the offensive line looks good, along with good speed. 

I can see Covington winning the region.  Dyersburg has some good talent,  some that will be special.  However, they are a very, very young team; they must improve each game. 

Covington is still in the drivers seat for the region, and if Dyersburg improves and matures during the season, then they should be able to give Covington a decent test. 

Edited by mg