Clarksville (0-1) @ Springfield (1-0)

Kevin38

2 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Yeah after the Tilghman game right? 

The week of Northeast. Week 8 I believe.. when we proceeded to average 50+ ppg the rest of the season. We’d have been 8-2, maybe even 9-1, if the current play caller had been the guy from the get go. He’s a future superstar head coach, mark my words. His attention to detail is better than most.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mmb said:

No barring on this year, but the only reason you walked out of Patriot Stadium with a win last season, was because we didn’t change play callers until the next week.. and that showed in the playoff meeting. 

Y'all never can just give a team credit, get the stats for both games and see how different they were, it's not like your offense blew it up the 2nd game. The difference was our offense did zilch, the defense was on the field the entire game. I would credit your defense more for that dub, they outplayed us and won. No excuses for our loss. Bottom line we split, respect should go both ways...

18 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Y'all never can just give a team credit, get the stats for both games and see how different they were, it's not like your offense blew it up the 2nd game. The difference was our offense did zilch, the defense was on the field the entire game. I would credit your defense more for that dub, they outplayed us and won. No excuses for our loss. Bottom line we split, respect should go both ways...

Weeeeeeell. Springfield gave up 20 points total in 4 games leading up to the HC loss. I’d say that 23 was impressive. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, RollRed said:

Now buddy that’s not how this works and you know it. You can’t clown anyone that made it farther than you. HC had some 650 yards on the ground that game. Had there been a working play clock I think things may have gone a little different. Maaan to see your home side thinning out after halftime. That was priceless. The only thing better was Crenshaw trying to rumble bumble and stumble just to get plowed repeatedly like a new field. We’ll see you soon enough. :bored:

Why disrespect the kid? 

Just now, TheCommissioner said:

Why disrespect the kid? 

Well sir. If you read the post that lead to my post you see where he disrespected our whole team and talking about how they choked in the quarter finals. Also to be honest I found it hilarious. And I knew it would get a rise out the guy I was back and forth with. Did you ask him why disrespect Henry county?? Of course not. 

13 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Well sir. If you read the post that lead to my post you see where he disrespected our whole team and talking about how they choked in the quarter finals. Also to be honest I found it hilarious. And I knew it would get a rise out the guy I was back and forth with. Did you ask him why disrespect Henry county?? Of course not. 

Devon is a kid and an OUTSTANDING young man on top of that. @FargoStrut isn’t a kid (I am assuming that is who you mean). @FargoStrut can handle himself and respond accordingly. 

In all honesty I skimmed the posts and didn’t read then with total comprehension.  I just didn’t see any reason to disrespect a player BUT you are certainly entitled to your opinion and the right to express it to your heart’s content.  Carry on 

14 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Devon is a kid and an OUTSTANDING young man on top of that. @FargoStrut isn’t a kid (I am assuming that is who you mean). @FargoStrut can handle himself and respond accordingly. 

In all honesty I skimmed the posts and didn’t read then with total comprehension.  I just didn’t see any reason to disrespect a player BUT you are certainly entitled to your opinion and the right to express it to your heart’s content.  Carry on 

It wasn’t an honest opinion. I was definitely just being inflammatory. And I tried to delete it. I think it worked. Good luck Friday night 

3 minutes ago, RollRed said:

It wasn’t an honest opinion. I was definitely just being inflammatory. And I tried to delete it. I think it worked. Good luck Friday night 

Good luck to Big Red, too.  Yours and Beech’s game is the game of the mid-state this week.  ALL of us will have an eye on that game. Prayers for no injuries for us all 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Springfield has a lot to clean up from game one on offense imho. Two things come to mind. First the run game between the tackles has to be better, we can’t rely on the outside runs and the qb to take the load on the ground. O-line has to be better at opening holes. Secondly the short/quick pass has to be more crisp, we can’t depend on the big plays on that end when you’re playing formidable competition. Greenbrier got out atheleted on the back end. That won’t be the case going forward in these big games. On a positive note the defense looked like it picked up where it left off last year and may be a little better and was really glad to see depth all over on that side of the ball. I know it’s game one and hopefully we’ll only get better with time. All that being said; Jackets roll on in week 2 against Clarksvegas.

we need to get #83 going between the tackles to be successful in my humble opinion