Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

7 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I need what you’re smoking. Message me offline, so I’ll know where to go to get it. 

Let me break it down for you...OR has the best running back in the region (Dozier)...OR has the best wide receiver in the region (Heyward)...OR has the best defensive back in the region (Rogers)...OR has the best linebacker in the region (Kelly)...OR has the best kicker in the region (Pearson)...OR has the best punter in the region (Pearson)...OR has the second best running back in the region (Hundley)...OR has the second best wide receiver in the region (Rogers)...OR has the second best defensive back in the region (Heyward)...and I'll bet you you that Farragut, Greenville, DB, don't have anyone better at those positions than the OR players I have listed, but I can't ber sure. Plus, I haven't mentioned Cummings, Williams, and Rembert.  This is the most talented group since 2005...I don't think we'll lose in the regular season, but if we do, it will be because of a very dominant defensive line that we just can't handle or a lack of discipline. I'm not smoking anything...I believe what I'm saying.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, catswild said:

Let me break it down for you...OR has the best running back in the region (Dozier)...OR has the best wide receiver in the region (Heyward)...OR has the best defensive back in the region (Rogers)...OR has the best linebacker in the region (Kelly)...OR has the best kicker in the region (Pearson)...OR has the best punter in the region (Pearson)...OR has the second best running back in the region (Hundley)...OR has the second best wide receiver in the region (Rogers)...OR has the second best defensive back in the region (Heyward)...and I'll bet you you that Farragut, Greenville, DB, don't have anyone better at those positions than the OR players I have listed, but I can't ber sure. Plus, I haven't mentioned Cummings, Williams, and Rembert.  This is the most talented group since 2005...I don't think we'll lose in the regular season, but if we do, it will be because of a very dominant defensive line that we just can't handle or a lack of discipline. I'm not smoking anything...I believe what I'm saying.

I agree wholeheartedly that it’s the most talent that we’ve had in a decade, but unfortunately it takes a lot more than skill players to be a really good team, as we all saw last year. We are very inexperienced and undersized, on both sides of the ball. While I think we have the potential to be very good eventually, predicting a 10-0 season is just premature, at this point. We have a lot to prove before we can start talking like that. Like one poster said up above, let’s just take one game at a time right now. Hey, don’t get me wrong, I’d love for you to be right.

Edited by SweetScience

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I agree wholeheartedly that it’s the most talent that we’ve had in a decade, but unfortunately it takes a lot more than skill players to be a really good team, as we all saw last year. We are very inexperienced and undersized, on both sides of the ball. While I think we have the potential to be very good eventually, predicting a 10-0 season is just classic homerism. We have a lot to prove before we can start talking like that. Like one poster said up above, let’s just take one game at a time right now.

This is an opinion board and this is my opinion. I'm taking one game at a time...I'm just doing it ten times. I saw Greenville at the jamboree and they might be great but they are NOTHING like last year. Farragut might be great but Beech is a bit down from normal. DB always causes us problems up front but I think we'll have too much talent for them. Inexperienced? We return the following starters...Rogers, Rembert (started at Central), Hundley, Cummings (started at Halls), Davis (started several games), Izzy Mitchell (started several games), Heyward, Williams, Dozier, Frendt (started a few games), Kelly, plus Truitt Tucks, Lucas, Steed, Birdwell, Pendergrass, and Hope all return from injury. We have two offensive linemen who weigh right at 300 pounds. I don't think we're very inexperienced nor are we undersized. Clark Duncan left South Doyle with the cupboard bare...Gaddis left OR with the cupboard full. I'm actually glad he left, I think it was time for a change...but Cummings gets to start his era with the most talent I've seen in a very long time. I've heard he's a good coach and what he did at West and Halls bears that out...I hope he has a very successful run at OR! 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, catswild said:

This is an opinion board and this is my opinion. I'm taking one game at a time...I'm just doing it ten times. I saw Greenville at the jamboree and they might be great but they are NOTHING like last year. Farragut might be great but Beech is a bit down from normal. DB always causes us problems up front but I think we'll have too much talent for them. Inexperienced? We return the following starters...Rogers, Rembert (started at Central), Hundley, Cummings (started at Halls), Davis (started several games), Izzy Mitchell (started several games), Heyward, Williams, Dozier, Frendt (started a few games), Kelly, plus Truitt Tucks, Lucas, Steed, Birdwell, Pendergrass, and Hope all return from injury. We have two offensive linemen who weigh right at 300 pounds. I don't think we're very inexperienced nor are we undersized. Clark Duncan left South Doyle with the cupboard bare...Gaddis left OR with the cupboard full. I'm actually glad he left, I think it was time for a change...but Cummings gets to start his era with the most talent I've seen in a very long time. I've heard he's a good coach and what he did at West and Halls bears that out...I hope he has a very successful run at OR! 

BTW, I didn’t mean we were inexperienced at the skill positions, but only on both sides of the trenches. Other than that, I can agree with everything else you said. I definitely agree that we have a plethora of skill, just gotta hope the lines iron themselves out, and we’ll be set. Oh yeah, and the kids stop running their mouths. I’m sure they’ve heard a lot about that from the head honcho (Cummings) these past few days though, believe that.

1 hour ago, catswild said:

If OR don’t win a state title, you better start the www.firecummings.com website. 

I think they have the athletes to do it but man are you in it….

OR by a few trickles….

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

If OR don’t win a state title, you better start the www.firecummings.com website. 

I think they have the athletes to do it but man are you in it….

OR by a few trickles….

I actually do believe that OR should be in the state title "conversation" but West will be a formidable opponent as well as Henry County. And you never know who else might be really good over the course of the season, since we've only had one week of football. The type of team that will beat us, will be a team with big, strong dominant linemen coupled with a good QB and adequate skilled players. I hope that team doesn't exist in 5A...but it could be West