Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

12 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I STILL don’t know, nor do I think anyone else does either, lol.

Anyone who wants to know, already knows. It's not too hard to figure out. I said it in my first post after the game, without mentioning his name. Discipline needs to improve...then we won't lose players. I see OR winning this game but it won't be like last week. I think we played the worst team on our schedule last Friday night. I also predict 10-0 after seeing the scores from last week. DB and Greenville will both test us up front but we have too much talent and speed for both to deal with, unless we keep trash talking. Powell isn't nearly as good as a year ago on defense and who knows when Potts will be back, or if he'll be back at all. West is probably the only team on this side of the state who can play with us, and if we beat them, it's likely Henry County for the title. I know there's lots of football to be played but that's how I see it now, but that could change 

• Sad 4

45 minutes ago, catswild said:

Anyone who wants to know, already knows. It's not too hard to figure out. I said it in my first post after the game, without mentioning his name. Discipline needs to improve...then we won't lose players. I see OR winning this game but it won't be like last week. I think we played the worst team on our schedule last Friday night. I also predict 10-0 after seeing the scores from last week. DB and Greenville will both test us up front but we have too much talent and speed for both to deal with, unless we keep trash talking. Powell isn't nearly as good as a year ago on defense and who knows when Potts will be back, or if he'll be back at all. West is probably the only team on this side of the state who can play with us, and if we beat them, it's likely Henry County for the title. I know there's lots of football to be played but that's how I see it now, but that could change 

Keep sleeping on the athletes and speed Greeneville has.  Hard to get the ball in your playmakers hand with pressure on you all night. (Greeneville O and D line are good).  We shall see come Oct 7th, planning on hitting up Big Ed's before the game!

12 hours ago, ForTheRidge said:

Probably that same ref Cummings has had trouble with before. 

True, same umpire that every team in the area has trouble with week in and week out.  Heyward gets pulled to the ground and helmet ripped off, no call.  Then he threw the flag on Heyward from the end zone to the 20yd line as he was walking off the field.  The explanation was "cussing".  Oh my word, you don't say?....bad words on a football field?  Total BS 

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Keep sleeping on the athletes and speed Greeneville has.  Hard to get the ball in your playmakers hand with pressure on you all night. (Greeneville O and D line are good).  We shall see come Oct 7th, planning on hitting up Big Ed's before the game!

I'm certainly not sleeping on Greeneville football, they will demolish us up front.  I think our fans need to realize we just played the worst team we will face on our schedule. Farragut, DB, Greeneville and Powell are a totally different animal in the trenches.  Powell qb will only miss 2 games.  While we are better in the lines this yr, that's not saying much, SD was really really bad up front.  Don't forget we are starting 2 freshmen in the line of scrimmage.  And don't forget the injuries that are sure to come along the way, as it is just a part of football, unfortunately it will happen.  And yes, you must hit up Large Edwards, get there early.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, catswild said:

I need what you’re smoking. Message me offline, so I’ll know where to go to get it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I need what you’re smoking. Message me offline, so I’ll know where to go to get it. 

SS, now we get accused of bashing the team and being negative.  Please understand I would love to go 10-0, I just can't say that I see that potential just yet, having only see us play a really bad SD team (no offense to SD, but they are just not good right now).  But you SS are a NegaCat.  lol

2 hours ago, catswild said:

Catswild has been hitting the catsnip.

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

I'm certainly not sleeping on Greeneville football, they will demolish us up front.  I think our fans need to realize we just played the worst team we will face on our schedule. Farragut, DB, Greeneville and Powell are a totally different animal in the trenches.  Powell qb will only miss 2 games.  While we are better in the lines this yr, that's not saying much, SD was really really bad up front.  Don't forget we are starting 2 freshmen in the line of scrimmage.  And don't forget the injuries that are sure to come along the way, as it is just a part of football, unfortunately it will happen.  And yes, you must hit up Large Edwards, get there early.  

Didn't say you were oridgecat just that catswild is with his comment about OR going to be 10-0 after seeing week 1 scores and that Greeneville didn't have the speed or athletes to deal with OR. (We have players holding D1 offers too) Like I stated to win close games it's all about line play.  OR had the athletes last year but got dominated on the line of scrimmage, unless they have improved drastically (I know they will be better under Scott) but Greeneville returns most of their line both on O and D from last year. 

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Didn't say you were oridgecat just that catswild is with his comment about OR going to be 10-0 after seeing week 1 scores and that Greeneville didn't have the speed or athletes to deal with OR. (We have players holding D1 offers too) Like I stated to win close games it's all about line play.  OR had the athletes last year but got dominated on the line of scrimmage, unless they have improved drastically (I know they will be better under Scott) but Greeneville returns most of their line both on O and D from last year. 

Exactly swipes, I was saying I do not agree either.  We are better in this sense, the lineman at least are stepping the right direction and know who to block AND are actually attempting to make that block.  Believe it or not this IS improvement over last year, but improvement enough to handle Greeneville, DB and Farragut? No, just not there yet.  Starting 2 freshmen.  nuff said. 

Willie, I am not bashing the line, they are better, but long way to go.    

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

SS, now we get accused of bashing the team and being negative.  Please understand I would love to go 10-0, I just can't say that I see that potential just yet, having only see us play a really bad SD team (no offense to SD, but they are just not good right now).  But you SS are a NegaCat.  lol

No, we aren’t negative, we just have fully functioning brains, lol. Sorry CW, but you aren’t using your head. Take the Cardinal & Grey tinted Oakley’s off and step back into reality.

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

True, same umpire that every team in the area has trouble with week in and week out.  Heyward gets pulled to the ground and helmet ripped off, no call.  Then he threw the flag on Heyward from the end zone to the 20yd line as he was walking off the field.  The explanation was "cussing".  Oh my word, you don't say?....bad words on a football field?  Total BS 

I wasn't there and don't know the specifics so this may not even apply.  From my own experience seeing similar situations though, this usually happens when what the player said is a little more than a basic, garden variety cuss word. Ive seen this happen in particular  when the words in question  are directed at a specific  person (often the refs themselves) OR when the ref has already warned the athlete about it.  Sounds like he was frustrated for understandable reason but the players know they have to have self control in their reactions. Case in point, my nephew once got hit very late on a play. No flag. He had some choice words for the kid that hit him and almost drew a flag on himself.  Would it have been fair? No, but its part of football. Sometimes you have to go back to your sideline and can't always just say anything you want. Its part of self discipline needed for the game. I get that it sucks.  Maybe it was total BS. I'm not saying it wasn't. Just that each player is responsible for their actions, reactions and words. I do hate seeing any player ejected over a two second lapse in judgement and absolutely think throwing that second unsportsmanlike should be used very sparingly.  It could easily have been my kid in that situation plenty of times.