Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

This is all true, but it was some of the worst I’ve seen. And I’m not one to ever come on here and harp about officiating because those fellas have a tough job (if it ain’t one teams base harping on them, it’s the other, etc.), but it was really bad. Totally get your point though, it happens everywhere. How do you see this game going? Think The Ridge can avenge their loss from last year to the Dawgs?

Going to be an interesting game.  Your guys are a better football team, but you are going to see much better line play and physicality from Bearden than you did from South Doyle.  I'm not going to judge Bearden from the West game because West is most likely the most physical team in the county right now, and has some very good skill guys, too.  

Skill wise, Oak Ridge is really solid.  You'll know where you stand this week against those better line play from the oppostion.  Don't think there is any question that line play is a concern for you guys.   

Bearden has some skill, too, but they dropped a lot of passes Friday that could have kept the game closer.  The QB has some skill and if anybody can coach him up it will be Josh.  

Would have been interesting to see Bearden with Nico Iamaleava  at QB, as the rumors were back in the offseason.  

And as the saying goes, most teams make the most improvement of the year between the first and second games.  Could be a good game, but in the end I see Oak Ridge winning, but not huge, by a couple of scores.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Going to be an interesting game.  Your guys are a better football team, but you are going to see much better line play and physicality from Bearden than you did from South Doyle.  I'm not going to judge Bearden from the West game because West is most likely the most physical team in the county right now, and has some very good skill guys, too.  

Skill wise, Oak Ridge is really solid.  You'll know where you stand this week against those better line play from the oppostion.  Don't think there is any question that line play is a concern for you guys.   

Bearden has some skill, too, but they dropped a lot of passes Friday that could have kept the game closer.  The QB has some skill and if anybody can coach him up it will be Josh.  

Would have been interesting to see Bearden with Nico Iamaleava  at QB, as the rumors were back in the offseason.  

And as the saying goes, most teams make the most improvement of the year between the first and second games.  Could be a good game, but in the end I see Oak Ridge winning, but not huge, by a couple of scores.  

Yeah, also have to take into account that we probably won’t have Heyward too, after getting tossed from the SD game Friday. Hopefully we have enough to overcome that loss, which is a big one.

2 hours ago, HTV said:

I see Oak Ridge winning by 20 points and looking good doing it. 

4 hours ago, HTV said:

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I STILL don’t know, nor do I think anyone else does either, lol.

Only the ref knows.  I think he will play though.

2 hours ago, bounder said:

Not real sure but I think there may have been a little mouthing after the SD guy ripped Heyward's helmet off and threw it 20 yards down the field. And it was his second unsportsman like which is automatic disqualification. Just saying.

That's what an Oak Ridge guy told me too Bounder. That he had 2 unsportsmanlike penalties. 

9 hours ago, HTV said:

Oak Ridge 47    Bearden 0.

I know I went big this week but that is what a dumb #### does.

• Sad 1