Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

On 8/24/2022 at 10:38 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

Wow I just hope you are close to being right.Ive seen tons of Oak Ridge teams the last 10 years loaded with skill guys but it takes so much more.Our QB has a lot left to prove before I think he is ready to lead us to being in state title convo.We have no idea how our lines will fare vs the great teams.This week will tell us a lot about how far we have come upfront and how much more we have to improve.Heck we had the best WR to play in this state in a long time and couldnt get over the hump.Not to mention he had good skill guys around him.Good news is we get to watch it all play out every week.I just wanna see us improve every week and maybe by playoff time we can compete with the best.After watching the Beardon-West tape Im leaning Beardon right now.

They really should play Anderson County. I doubt it would be the outcome everyone expects. 

Just now, Moogitonover said:

Keep thinking that. Trust me we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state. That should be apparent from the past week. Don't tell me this is joe on here. 

We have the better athletes and the better tradition of football. Its the best tradition in the state of tennessee. I have walked down those stairs for half my life and  there is nothing like it. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 9:43 AM, catswild said:

I actually do believe that OR should be in the state title "conversation" but West will be a formidable opponent as well as Henry County. And you never know who else might be really good over the course of the season, since we've only had one week of football. The type of team that will beat us, will be a team with big, strong dominant linemen coupled with a good QB and adequate skilled players. I hope that team doesn't exist in 5A...but it could be West

Bold

59 minutes ago, GaddyDaddy said:

We have the better athletes and the better tradition of football. Its the best tradition in the state of tennessee. I have walked down those stairs for half my life and  there is nothing like it. 

Now this is bold.  Best tradition in Tennessee?  Maryville and Alcoa may have something to say about that.

3 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

y'all just chased out almost all the longstanding Coaches that recently took you to a state final and replaced them with someone out of OR?  And you're sitting here complaining about outsiders?  And alls I know is what i read that yall say on here, but don't that sound silly?

Coach Gaddis never told me he felt chased away. Even if felt that way he has too much class to say it. I don't have an opinion on Coach Cummings being an outsider. He seems like a good coach and person. No, you don't sound silly. You just sound like a run of the mill Oak Ridge hater. Here today gone next season.

By the way who is your team?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Coach Gaddis never told me he felt chased away. Even if felt that way he has too much class to say it. I don't have an opinion on Coach Cummings being an outsider. He seems like a good coach and person. No, you don't sound silly. You just sound like a run of the mill Oak Ridge hater. Here today gone next season.

By the way who is your team?

went to watertown many moons ago.  now live in the Knoxville area, and watch HS football and college football as much as possible.  Don't really have a team.  Obviously I like Maryville and Alcoa.  I was really impressed by Powell last year.  I love that I can watch all these games from home.  I do a lot of remote work, and the streaming games are perfect for me.  Overall, Knoxville area has a pretty high level of footbal and great media coverage.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:12 AM, Swipes said:

Keep sleeping on the athletes and speed Greeneville has.  Hard to get the ball in your playmakers hand with pressure on you all night. (Greeneville O and D line are good).  We shall see come Oct 7th, planning on hitting up Big Ed's before the game!

Yes that comment was funny Greenville is legit! It’s just that simple lol