Oak Ridge vs. Bearden

boyfromsi

10 minutes ago, NoleNation3 said:

I am super proud of this wildcat team. They kept fighting and got better the whole game. I have no doubt with time we're going to make some noise with this coaching staff in the years to come and by end of year. We must get healthy way too much talent on the sideline

Yeah, and from listening to Cummings Rodgers may be out a good while too, with a shoulder injury. Hopefully it’s not as bad it sounds. We are really banged up, and it’s only the 2nd game of the year. Geez. 7 starters down now, I think. 

With that said, I was impressed with Bearden’s D, and the physicality of the team as a whole. I remember looking at their score with West last week and it was 17-7 late in the game. I couldn’t believe they were playing West so close, but now I know why, that’s a strong defense that’s gonna give a lot of teams issues this season. Credit to them. I’m super proud of our fight, especially with all the injuries we have right now. Close games like this against stiff competition always pays off in the long run.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

I know...I know...we won't be 10-0. The Bearden defensive line dominated our offensive line and their offense did just enough to win. Too many sacks in the first half hurt us badly. I thought we should've thrown the ball down the field more but I think this team will still win a lot of games. I definitely loved the fight in them at the end. While the QB isn't great, those of you who say he's the worst in the region are stupid...with the game on the the line on the last play he was on the run and threw a perfect strike to the receiver who just missed the ball. So the QB did his part to win this game...I don't think he's the worst in the region. This game will make us better....but we were the better team and never should've lost.

GRADES:

OFFENSIVE LINE.....D...Poor pass protection and poor run blocking

RUNNING BACKS.....B...Nowhere to run for the most part but they have to hold onto the ball. Hundley ran hard, strong, and was impressive

WIDE RECEIVERS.....C .......Dropped the pass to win the game and I don't think they blocked very well...Izzy was good

QB.... B....Threw a perfect pass to win the game but took too many sacks in the first half. Threw the ball well to Izzy Mitchell

DEFENSIVE LINE....B....Put lots of pressure on Bearden early but seemed to play more conservatively in the second half (coaching decision)

LINEBACKERS....C....Didn't really notice them and we really miss Berven

DEFENSIVE BACKS....B+....I remember one pick and I thought the tackling was pretty good. I don't remember any real busted coverages

KICKING GAME.....A+....Kickoffs all in the zone...Good punts...Kicked a FG and a PAT

COACHING....C...Not sure why we would attempt a pass first and goal on their three yard line with Dozier and Hundley available  (we got sacked and lost 10-12 yards and had to settle for a FG). Also, even without Heyward and Rogers, we had more talent than they did (Hundley, Rembert, Dozier, and Kelly) ...and we still lost. 

The good news is that this team and staff will be just fine and they will win the region, and make a deep playoff run. They won't go 10-0, but they just lost a game that doesn't matter at all!

RWR!!!!!!!

Well I thought we did well against a much bigger bunch of hairy legged boys. At another time we could have won that game, just wasn't meant to be tonite. But I'm Proud of all of our guys!

Wildcat Whoop #### t-shirts went to # 7  Jai ought to sleep good tonite. #33  Brian always playes at full speed. And #54 Brennan should have gotten one last week and tonite he was just as good so there Ya go.

WILDCAT PRIDE

34 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, and from listening to Cummings Rodgers may be out a good while too, with a shoulder injury. Hopefully it’s not as bad it sounds. We are really banged up, and it’s only the 2nd game of the year. Geez. 7 starters down now, I think. 

With that said, I was impressed with Bearden’s D, and the physicality of the team as a whole. I remember looking at their score with West last week and it was 17-7 late in the game. I couldn’t believe they were playing West so close, but now I know why, that’s a strong defense that’s gonna give a lot of teams issues this season. Credit to them. I’m super proud of our fight, especially with all the injuries we have right now. Close games like this against stiff competition always pays off in the long run.

Yes for sure.I was surprised with all the guys out how we kept coming at them.I thought DC made some good adjustments.We had couple of great play calls that we couldn't convert.That dropped pic and near pic next play on Beardons 1st TD drive killed us.Our Oline and few on Dline was gassed.Still new guys stepped up and almost pulled it out.No doubt we will benefit from all the reps backups are getting.But dang that many injuries to key players is awful

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well this was one of my upsets in Barney's Favorites last night.  Don't like to be made a fool out of, what happened to the team team that is much more superior, did everyone go to Big Ed's and eat to much pizza before the game. I need some answers.

Hard to say Barn. Just flat got beat, not much else to say. We are eventually going to be a really good team, I think. We just need to get healthy. But, when the playoffs roll around, I think we’ll be a tough out. Personally I think people are expecting a little bit too much out of this team all at once. People tend to forget this was a 3-8 team last year. Expecting us to just turn it all around on a dime just isn’t realistic. I think last year’s team would’ve gotten beaten soundly last night myself. Rome wasn’t built in a day, as the saying goes. You can already see a lot of improvement, especially in the run game. We’ll be fine, the injury bug has just hit us in a heavy way early on.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well this was one of my upsets in Barney's Favorites last night.  Don't like to be made a fool out of, what happened to the team team that is much more superior, did everyone go to Big Ed's and eat to much pizza before the game. I need some answers.

Not having Heyward and losing Rogers in 2nd qtr was huge.We have a really inexperienced QB that needs those 2 bad.Not to mention coaches son which means your missing your top 3 WRs and CBs.The QB is getting better every rep but vs really good defense was a lot to ask.Big props to our freshman WR that was playing hard.Also Izzy coming in at CB playing hard. Even though it was a loss it felt like a lot of great things are happening for future 

On 8/25/2022 at 11:13 AM, 2011Class said:

Because I’ve seen the talent the OR qb has around him and he still struggles like he’s at a Lenoir city that’s why I make the statement 

Did you see what Campbell county’s QB did as a sophomore?? Trust me Oak ridge has the worst QB in the region maybe the state

1 hour ago, 2011Class said:

Did you see what Campbell county’s QB did as a sophomore?? Trust me Oak ridge has the worst QB in the region maybe the state

Sounds to me like you just have something personal against him. If you are a kid yourself, let it go. If you are an adult, quit acting like a kid and quit blasting a kid. 

• Like 2

I really hope you are a kid. No way an adult would blast a higher schooler like he’s some player on your fantasy football team. Or at least I would hope not. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Without his 2 best weapons that QB in his 2nd start lead his team all the way down field in little over minute. Then made a great play to win the game that a FR WR almost caught.

• Upvote 2