Scotts Hill

sportsfan53ray

Scotts Hills' coach was the D coordinator at Adamsville when he was hired here, and has a great reputation around McNairy County for being very good at his job and an even better person...couple that with the team being Senior heavy on the roster (opportunity for younger kids to play early), and a pretty impressive Freshman and Sophomore group that has potential to be really good soon, and you get the picture. Five starters are out indefinitely with injuries or the Lions would have surprised some folks this season, but the future is looking good in a couple of years anyway. Our roster has grown back to almost what it was when we were a quarterfinal team, our middle school program has more involvement and talent than it ever has, and when the young kids mature some we'll be able to rest some kids without a drastic drop off. #'s 1,3,7,10, and one more that I'm not sure of jersey # are out for the season (or close), and nobody in the state in 2AA can lose that many skill position players on both sides of the ball without the bottom falling out...we'll still be competitive in most of our games I believe, but the would have, could have, maybe should have's won't ever be known.

Add to my last post of reasons kids want to play for our coach...he was asked to "say a few words" to the Lexington Rotary Club today, and the chairperson of the club called me raving about the impact he had on the business community there. Said that he couldn't get out of the building for people pulling him aside and commenting on the character and magnetism that he brought into the room, and that they would love for their own kids to have a role model of his caliber to emulate. 

55 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Add to my last post of reasons kids want to play for our coach...he was asked to "say a few words" to the Lexington Rotary Club today, and the chairperson of the club called me raving about the impact he had on the business community there. Said that he couldn't get out of the building for people pulling him aside and commenting on the character and magnetism that he brought into the room, and that they would love for their own kids to have a role model of his caliber to emulate. 

Woodmore is not only a good x and o coach he is stand up guy as well. I figure he will eventually start pulling guys from lhs there

When you get players from another county to move to your school there is likely some recruiting going on. The contact that helped the player swap from Selmer to Scotts Hill is now not allowed around the McNairy football team. Coach Woodmore learned well how to get players at AHS and then took one from his old boss.

2 hours ago, Macnarry said:

When you get players from another county to move to your school there is likely some recruiting going on. The contact that helped the player swap from Selmer to Scotts Hill is now not allowed around the McNairy football team. Coach Woodmore learned well how to get players at AHS and then took one from his old boss.

If you have proof that recruiting happened why not turn it in to the TSSAA??

1 hour ago, sportsfan53ray said:

Just a calculated guess on the facilitator, but probably the personal trainer from Savannah/Adamsville who set up shop in Selmer this past year.

The "facilitator" is easy. Coach Woodmore and the kid's family attend church together...guess if you go to the source, that would be God.

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If you have proof that recruiting happened why not turn it in to the TSSAA??

It was an easy read into the meaning behind the first post BPM, but I answered the question in good faith anyway. No point being evasive when there's no wrongdoing, but when folks get their head set that something's a certain way, the truth rarely changes their minds. 

If you don't believe it, just check out the next post.

Edited by tradertwo