Farrah-gut att 825

STARSNBARS

17 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

Interesting butterfly effect you’re relying on. So, nobody at 825 was alive when TW coached here, but we’d be WB or HHS now without him

No I said 90% were not alive when Ted Wilson was there. The reason I mentioned William Blount and Heritage is that there is no return to the Glory Days there, it will not happen. My belief is that Maryville would have had programs that are similar to what Bearden has had over its entirety. All that I am trying to say is that Ted Wilson had a very hard fight during his time at Maryville to get the program to the level it is now. We have been blessed with a lot of great coaches and each contributed greatly and if this butterfly effect as you call it hadn't of happened most likely none of it would have.

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If Ted Wilson hadn't of been there then Don Story wouldn't have been there, If Don Story hadn't been there John Olive wouldn't have been there, if John Olive hadn't been there Tim Hamontree wouldn't have been there because John hired him as an assistant. If Tim Hamontree hadn't of been there G.Q wouldn't have been there so I rest my case on that part. Do your research. 

If the pregnant woman hadn't fell through the old wooden seat stadium before the one we have now it would have been a long time down the road before Maryville would have built a place like they have now . The city attorney told them we're fixing to get sued for more than what a football stadium cost so you better do something. You would probably have a set of aluminum bleachers to take care of those mediocre crowds to see some mediocre football on Friday Nights. If mediocrity had of been the norm like it had been before Wilson you wouldn't have that 64 championship team along with the 70,76 and 78 team. It's very easy to fall into a mediocre state which Maryville was actually in during most of the fifties and early 60's until Ted Wilson came aboard and set the bar high and the rest follows. Once mediocrity sets in for thirty years or more it's almost impossible to turn things around just like WB and Heritage. If you get a chance to ever talk to Coach Wilson ask him how he felt when he left Maryville and a coaching staff of only three coaches to Kingsport with a staff of 12 assistants and what ever he wanted. It was a much different feeling there then it was having to go out to the golf course on Saturday to catch J.P Stewart during his golf game to beg for some money to buy light bulbs for the football locker room.

You missed 1 in your lineage. What percentage of DH’s and the 2022 team’s success is attributable to Emory Hale?

About fifteen years ago, I was in Lebanon attending a Friendship Christian game against Trousdale County. I was sitting next to a  gentleman and his wife. I told him I was from Maryville and loved high school football. The game was great, but the conversation was even better.  He was a delightfully humble Christian gentleman. Knowledgeable about football and thoroughly enjoyable to talk too.  Never once did he bring up his football pedigree!  I was sitting next to greatness and had no idea who he was.  I just knew he was one of nicest, family loving (he was there for his grandchildren) man I had met.  It was only much later that I learned he was Ted Wilson.  He definitely should have his name on something, yet I got the impression that it is not something he cares about.  I got the feeling, from our conversation, that Faith, Family, Friends and then Football was his list of priorities.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, oldrebel said:

You missed 1 in your lineage. What percentage of DH’s and the 2022 team’s success is attributable to Emory Hale?

If mediocrity had followed as I said there would not have ever been an Emory Hale. Rewatch Back to the Future sometime and see what little has to happen in the past to change the future. The reason I know all of the things I've mentioned is that Former Superintendent J.P.Stewart was a cheap skate and Were not on his priority list. Talk to Coach Wilson and Coach Story sometime and they'll tell you about the issues they dealt with. Why do you think Coach Story has given Maryville High so much money over the years, because he knew Maryville wasn't going to do it.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Each coach has added to the legacy of Maryville High but one built the foundation. Without that foundation we wouldn't be where we're at today. If it weren't for all of this I will promise you we would be playing in a small rinky dink aluminum football stadium like a lot of those Knoxville schools do. Not only that our name would have been changed along time ago because you wouldn't have had this strong fan base to fight against all these politically correct fruit cakes that have not got a clue what that name is about. The reason Maryville won't change that name is that 90% of their money and donations would come to a screeching halt and they know that also well. My only gripe with Maryville High is that we don't grill hamburgers at the football games like the other schools do. Maybe because all those band mothers must be used to going out and eating every night and don't know how to cook. They only know how to operate a microwave. That's how those hot dogs are made .

When you pull for a mediocre High School football team you have to watch the Tennessee and Ball State play tonight as a supplement to football fever and pretend to yourself that's good football. As for me I might drift through the living room a couple of times and check out the score and eat eight hot dogs and drink four Cokes and save myself $500.

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No I said 90% were not alive when Ted Wilson was there. The reason I mentioned William Blount and Heritage is that there is no return to the Glory Days there, it will not happen. My belief is that Maryville would have had programs that are similar to what Bearden has had over its entirety. All that I am trying to say is that Ted Wilson had a very hard fight during his time at Maryville to get the program to the level it is now. We have been blessed with a lot of great coaches and each contributed greatly and if this butterfly effect as you call it hadn't of happened most likely none of it would have.

Any older guy with a Clue knows exactly what you're saying Barn . Ted Wilson instilled the winning attitude that built Maryville to where they are today . After Coach Wilson Maryville will never be a school where a Coach can stay for 20 years without winning Championships . I'm proud to have been a Member of 2 of Coach Wilson's Championship teams . The Coaches we had before Coach Quarles were good Coaches and I do give Coach Hammontree a lot of Credit , especially for his Coaching hires ... but Maryville high school for 20 years went without a Championship and it was only because of Coach Wilson's high bar of expectations and Excellence that the Maryville community and Fans would not give up and accept anything other than what Maryville High School is today . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1